One Year Later-My story w/ pics

Options
My husband just returned from a year away from home between training and a 9 month deployment. This is what I looked like a year ago:

SaraFat4-1.jpg

His deployment started right after the new year and shortly after, I started to get into running. I wasn't very fast and I really had no idea what I was doing, but I enjoyed it. I decided to sign up for a 10K in March of this year and even though I wasn't nearly prepared for it, I showed up and I finished. That was when the lightbulb kind of turned on for me. I was tired of being overweight and tired of making excuses.

I joined Weight Watchers because I had used it before and had great results. I continued to run and with the added focus on nutrition, the weight started to drop off. At the end of April, I signed up to work out with a group training program. Life-changing is the only way I can describe this program. When I started it, I was at 27.5% body fat. As of the last time I weighed in, I had dropped to 19.6% body fat over the course of 4 months. If you haven't added strength training to your workout routine, I HIGHLY recommend it! At this point, I do strength 2-3 times per week combined with 4-5 cardio days. I run in races as often as possible and continue to improve my speed. My big goal for next spring is a half marathon!

When my husband arrived home two weeks ago, I looked like this:

sara_0191-1.jpg

To say he was shocked would be an understatement. ;)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!