I need ideas for low carb breakfast!

Options

Replies

• bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes from genaw.com........I just made the "Robin's Coffee Cake " recipe and it's delicious! One slice is 5 net carbs......less,if you use the liquid sweetener instead of the granular.The Cream Cheese Pumpkin muffins are awesome as well....3 net carbs. for one of those! I've been experimenting a lot with different recipes....you'll be surprised what you can do with some cream cheese,eggs,and almond(or coconut) flour!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of whole oats, 1 egg, cinammon, blueberries, almond milk, throw it in the microwave for a minute or two and tada!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I make low carb bread slice it and freeze it for later (it has almond flour, glutin, cheese) and any savory topping you like (cottage cheese and ham) or the Ole tortillas warmed and stuffed with anything or even a eggsilla or quesidilla
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    she said she believes there is more to life than bacon and eggs, and everyone is all "bacon and eggs", really people?

i love fruit

a handful of grapes
    yogurt -low calorie and so yummy, especially fruit flavored greek yogurt
    peanut butter and celery, laughing cow cheese and celery, hummus and celery
    oatmeal, with fruit or without
    banana dipped in orange juice and shredded coconut (you can freeze it and it is so good)
    trail mix (some cheerios, shreddies, raisins, sunflower seeds)
    higher protein: avocado on a piece of toasted pita
    leftovers!

she also asked for low carb...oatmeal, trail mix, and banana dipped in OJ are NOT low carb.

no doubt...that's what i was thinking. and it depends on your leftovers right?
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    low carb banana pancakes....delish!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GdUZmXv004
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I do low/moderate carb and run into the same dilemma! I do enjoy having a protein shake each morning with coconut or almond milk (1 carb!) if you get sugar free instant pudding/jello flavors, your options are endless!
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey! I generally have uncle tobys high fibre with soy and flax seeds oats cooked with skim milk. I generally top it with a banana and cinamon or raspberries! Quick and easy.. but yet so delicious! :)
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the ideas!!
  • MrsC2268
    Options
    blogilates banana pancake. Real easy to do and tastes great. Mix two whole eggs with 1 banana (chopped and mashed or blended) and then cook on a griddle plate, in a fry pan etc (use spray oil or other low cal options) Takes a couple of mins and tastes like full on pancakes. Yes there is carbs in there in the form of banana but it is good carbs for energy and of course protein from the eggs.

Ooohhh I gotta try this one. I have bananas and eggs. I love pancakes but hardly ever eat them anymore because they make me feel so heavy during the day.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    There are some great low carb ideas here...
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I usually have Total 0% greek yoghurt with protein powder mixed in (I like the chocolate!) with strawberries / blueberries and sometimes with either mashed banana or grapenuts/granola, depending on if I have the carbs available in my plan.

If I had 200g fage, protein scoop & strawberries it woks out to be 200 cal, 14 carbs and 39g protein! LOVE it and it keeps me full until lunch and even much later! (can easily go until 2:30-3pm with this breakfast!)
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joy31021
    Options
    bump
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like supper in the morning. Today I had Italian sausage & asparagus spears. I've had boneless skinless chicken thighs & broccoli for breakfast also. who says you have to do what everyone else does?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Pleas explain the need for low carb...Carbs are your friend, and fuel the beast within.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, rice cake with peanut butter, cheese stick or babybel lite and strawberries,protein bar, all fast and easy and 100-200 cals
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, rice cake with peanut butter, cheese stick or babybel lite and strawberries,protein bar, all fast and easy and 100-200 cals

Read POST: LOW CARB not LOW CAL.
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's never a good idea to skip breakfast. I like a banana with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter for breakfast. I get to start the day with a serving of fruit and get the protein and fat from the peanut butter (Simply JIF which is low sugar/low sodium). Also a bowl of cereal once in a while (Special K makes a low carb if you must have low carb) with fruit isn't gonna kill your diet. Just stick to the recommended serving size on the box.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It's never a good idea to skip breakfast. I like a banana with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter for breakfast. I get to start the day with a serving of fruit and get the protein and fat from the peanut butter (Simply JIF which is low sugar/low sodium). Also a bowl of cereal once in a while (Special K makes a low carb if you must have low carb) with fruit isn't gonna kill your diet. Just stick to the recommended serving size on the box.

Well, that depends. If you're doing LOW carb (like 20g or less a day), you're counting on being in ketosis. A bowl of regular cereal will knock you out. When you get knocked out, you start craving the carby foods again, and could possibly set yourself up to go through keto flu again. Not to mention the tummy pains of the carb shock your body can go through from the carbapalooza.

Looked at the Special K one and it's 14g - 5g fiber= 9g net carbs. Not too bad if you're craving cereal, actually! As far as fruit, I really enjoy raspberries. Super tasty, and full of fiber! Problem is they're so dang expensive.

ETA: Oh yea! And what time of day you begin/finish eating is completely up to your and your body's needs. I can go most of the day without eating (kinda have to since I'm a teacher), but I make sure to "make up" for the lost time and get my calories in during dinner. It works for me! Much better than how I was a few months ago, eating every second of the day...
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Eggbeaters and low carb toast (Healthy Choice bread) :)))

Someone asked WHY low carbs... I have hypothyroidism and I lose weight better if I go lower carb/higher protein.