Do you remember your first?

... Your first NSV?

My first NSV was when I was able to cross my legs under my desk! It's funny how something so simple had such a impact on my journey.

So, do you remember your first NSV (non scale victory)?

Replies

• xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Probably fitting into a size Large shirt. It didn't have the word "Extra" to preface it. Or an "Extra-Extra".
  • best nsv was waking up feeling confident and healthy for the first time!!! best feeling in the world :)
  • Being able to fit into Size 8 jeans...I had to take them off in the dressing room once and put them back on again because I couldn't believe I was able to fit into a Size 8. Then I went out into the area where they have triple mirrors. I was so happy, I was standing there giggling at myself.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    My first NSV was when I didn't have to pull my shirt out of the crease my back boob made. :D!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Walking a mile without being out of breath. That was a good one.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    I was able to dry my t-shirts and not have to stretch them out before wearing them.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    I was able to dry my t-shirts and not have to stretch them out before wearing them.

Not having to hang dry them to avoid shrinking, actually drying them fully in the dryer lol.
  • briley76
    briley76 Posts: 41 Member
    The first time I smiled and my cheeks didn't touch the bottom of my glasses.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Being confused because my jeans were so loose I thought for a second I had put on my husband's jeans.
  • The day I could where my favorite jeans... sadly, now they are too big!! :( Sad but awesome at the same time!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    When I tried on a pair of shorts that were pretty snug the summer before and they were loose in the waist and thigh. I was pretty shocked since I hadnt noticed much of a change.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Being able to bend down to tie my shoes without being winded.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Rediscovering that I had a collarbone.
  • hockra
    hockra Posts: 43 Member
    I've been a member since 4 Jul 12 and have lost 15 lbs. Just the other day I had a non-scale victory: sitting in lazy boy and realized my legs were crossed at my ankles.....I thought "wow, it's probably been 2 years since that happened! "
  • when all my t-shirts suddenly seemed to swallow me whole (:
  • My first was my wedding band fitting comfortably on my finger again! :smile:
  • Mine was actually the same as the OP...I was just talking about that with my roommate the other day. How gratifying it is to be able to go to a restaurant and cross your legs under the table!
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    I would have to say when I finally decided enough is enough. :smile: The baggy clothes are an added bonus :bigsmile:
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 279 Member
    It was the first time I realized that my steering wheel was no longer denting into my stomach, that there was actually a gap there for the first time ever since I've had my trailblazer. talk about awesome. i cried.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!