All things PUMPKIN

Options

Replies

• pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    These are my very own Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins and they are yummy. I had to make them with sweetened dried cranberries this time, but as soon as I see fresh cranberries in the market I am making some with fresh ones for that lovely bite of moist tartness against the sweet pumpkin cake. These are squeaky clean. I'm not going to post them on www.dustwithflour.com (my blog) until I get a pic with the fresh berries.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2012-09-15_07-29-57_795_zpsc0db3f0c.jpg[/img]

Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins--makes 12

1 1/2 C. (180 g) White Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    3/4 tsp. ground ginger
    1/2 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. sea salt
    3/4 C. sucanat (brown sugar for you non-clean folks)
    1 C. cooked, mashed pumpkin (homemade or canned--no salt added)
    1/2 C. low fat buttermilk
    2 Tbsp. coconut oil
    1 large egg
    1 C. cranberries, fresh or sweetened/dried
    2 Tbsp. raw unsalted pumpkin seeds

Mix the flour, soda, and spices including the salt in a small bowl. Mix the sucanat, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine. Do not over-mix or they will get tough. Fold in the cranberries. Spoon into a muffin tin that has been lined with muffin liners that have been lightly sprayed with olive oil. Top muffins with the pumpkin seeds. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
    181 cals and 4 gm fat for the dried cranberry version, 156 and 4 for the fresh cranberry version
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • teacupowl
    Options
    bump for later...I'm totally obsessed with pumpkin! :D
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pumpkin, don't like it, but they started making a pumpkin cheesecake where I work last week. All the customers who tasted it keep coming back for more. I am not sure of the recipe, but it is light orange a fluffy looking.
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cheaton13
    cheaton13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Made a pumpkin spice coffee today. I did 16 oz coffee, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp sugar in raw, and 1/4 cup milk. It was quite tasty and a lot less calories than those tasty pumpkin spice lattes.
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try the pumpkin oatmeal! And pumpkin soup...stuffed roasted pumpkin...oh Yumm.

eta. Maybe tonight I will have a pumpkin beer....:)
  • momnorg
    momnorg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Will definitely scan later!! I'm a pumpkinholic!!!
  • cosmoholic
    Options
    Don't forget to use the pumpkin seeds if you're starting with a whole pumpkin!

We like ours with a variety of flavours... Cinnamon & Sugar, or Curry, or plain ol' salt... mmmm
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good recipe for pumpkin spice cappuccino or coffee? I tried making a mixture of truvia and pumpkin pie spice but was not good. I love Speedway Pumpkin Spice cappuccino but 8oz is 140. I usually mix 50/50 w/ regular coffee
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I eat these every couple of weeks!! Yummy and full of protein!

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Serves one (makes 3-4 medium-sized pancakes)

•Prep time: 5 minutes
    •Cook time: 5 minutes
    Ingredients:

•2/3 cup old fashioned oats
    •1/4 cup cottage cheese
    •1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    •1 egg
    •1 egg white
    •1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    •1 tablespoon honey
    Directions:

•Spray pan with cooking spray and heat to a medium heat
    •Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend with an immersion blender until batter is relatively smooth and all ingredients are fully mixed
    •Pour batter onto the warm pan to form three medium-sized pancakes
    •Allow to cook until edges start to harden, about three minutes
    •Flip pancakes and allow to cook until batter is no longer runny, about two more minutes
    •Top with syrup, nutmeg or desired toppings and enjoy

Sounds great! I make some similar with whey protein powder and greek yogurt. I like to grind the oats up in the food processor first to make oat flour. Sometimes i add oat bran too. Delish!
  • gddrdld
    Options
    Pumpkin and sage belgian waffles with cream cheese stuffed and graham cracker crusted chicken and a maple and chile reduction

20120907_184442.jpg
    20120907_185000.jpg
    Wow!! That looks freakin amazing!!

are you kidding me! I am drooling all over the place...lol

Pumkin Rules!
  • gddrdld
    Options
    Ordered a case of canned organic pumpkin off Amazon.com!! It's gonna be a Pumpkin Festival at my house this winter!
  • leolin6
    Options
    sounds ymmy
  • PhatNFneNGtnMne
    Options
    BUMP
  • mitsi94
    Options
    This weekend I just found some Thomas' Bagel Thins in Pumpkin Spice flavor. I have never seen them before until now. They are wonderful!!! And only 110 cals each!!!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ My Weekly Splurge ... Starbucks Venti Nonfat Chai Tea Lattè with a splash of pumpkin !!!! Yummy !!!!!

:tongue:
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been loving Eggo's seasonal pumpkin waffles lately... 100 calories each.

I'd love to make my own and put them in the freezer. Anyone have a good, healthy pumpkin waffle recipe? Or do I need to stock up on Eggos? lol

OMG - how is it I've never seen these? Have to go hunting at the grocery store this weekend!
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    tried the original entry for pumpkin muffins with cake mix and pumpkin.
    I Used Pillsbury sugar free yellow cake mix,
    1 15 oz. can of pumpkin,
    spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves).

I mixed this together with just a little bit of water to add a little extra moisture. (no eggs, oil)
    I made mini muffins, so fill mini muffins to top (will not raise much)
    baked at 350 for 13 minutes.
    Made 36 mini muffins

I made the muffins for a group of church members who were walking together, but had some left over, so put a couple in small baggies and put in freezer. Now I pull out a baggie, and enjoy a treat.

FANTASTIC!! So nice to have a yummy baked good that is somewhat guilt free.

Thank you missmayeb for that wonderful recipe. A sure keeper for me!