Knee High Boots Week 6

Options

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi gals!! Sorry I've been MIA, was crazy busy at school yesterday!! I have pilates at 9, whoohoo!! She had to cancel class on Tuesday, so to take it from Denitchy...today's gonna hurt so good!!:bigsmile:

WEIGH IN DAY!!!!!!! I can't believe I lost another lb:bigsmile: , I thought for sure I would gain or something, I haven't done extremely well this week...122.4!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Denitchy, I am sooo excited to start P90X!! I've done the Ab Ripper X a few times...ouch!! The hubby and I want to start it, we have the P90X set (hubby ordered it one drunken night before we met lol!!) but we don't have any weights or a pull up bar yet, so we gotta wait til we can put aside some money for that stuff....have fun with it!! You can do it this time girlie!!!:drinker:

Nykkie, I didn't use a formula or anything. I just noticed I always seemed to eat around 1600 (or more, or less) calories a day. I can't function properly on 1200, it's too low. My mother in law, who is in the surgical field, was flabbergasted when I told her I was only allowed to have 1200/day. She told me that was waaaayy too low. So finally I went with 1500 calories, to cut off that extra 100 of the 1600 so I would actually see results. It has been MUCH more compatible with me and my lifestyle and the way I eat (every 2 hours, have to. That just doesn't work on 1200 calories a day!) and now I'm really seeing results. And the best part is on my hard workout days, I get about 1900 calories to eat :laugh: The first few weeks were great, I almost always had 200 or more calories left over after workouts and all, and I would have to FORCE myself to have a little snack to close a bit of the gap. ME?! FORCED TO EAT?! NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!!!:laugh: :wink: Don't apologize for all the questions, that's why we are all here, to help each other!!:flowerforyou: I hope your neck feels better soon!!!!!!!!
  • samantha115
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I havent been on lately. Ive lost a pound. Im at 199, still trying to lose the 7 that I gained over x-mas. see everyone back here soon.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am down another 3 to 205lbs. I am closing in on the 100's! 6 more to go! :bigsmile:

I have been fighting a bug of some sort the last week or so so hopefully I can get back to my normal routine soon.

Hang in there! We will achieve our goals! :flowerforyou:
  • barbara12
    Options
    No change....but I am working at it lol
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    :drinker: Good job everyone!! Keep up the good work!!! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!:drinker:
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks a ton Barbara! I think I really just needed a push in the right direction again. I'm planning on doing a Walk Away the Pounds DVD tonight, it's super low impact and actually pretty fun! What are you doing for cardio right now? BTW - I absolutely love the boots in your av!

Hey Nykkie! Glad to help! Right now for cardio I am simply walking on the treadmill. I have to build up to those more extreme systems like P90X and so on. My friend has a 21 year old son who got P90x and couldn't complete it...and he's a young buck fullof energy!!! I don't feel upset knowing that! And way to go Denitchy for giving it another go. Anyway love the boots right? Gotta keep motivated.:wink:
  • barbara12
    Options
    Wow I had the best weekend! I absolutely had a blast! Got together with some old friends, drank "a little" and just relaxed!!! Hope your weekends were as much fun!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help Kaitie.
    I'm so glad you had a great weekend, Barbara - I did too though I went off the charts calorie wise Sunday...went to Texas Roadhouse and drowned myself in rolls and a huge strawberry banana margarita. We went out of town and it was nice to escape for awhile.

Sorry I've been kinda MIA lately. Just in a really dark place right now. Work just seems to get worse by the day and I feel more worthless by the minute. It just seems like everything I do gets taken the wrong way and my willingness to help falls upon deaf ears... :brokenheart:

Hope everyone is having a nice week.
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Hi ladies! Glad everyone had a good weekend!! Nykkie....I LOVE Texas Roadhouse!!:love:

Nykkie, have you considered trying to find another job maybe? I know that's not necessarily an easy thing to do anymore, but I'd consider it anyway. I make it a personal rule to never stick to a job that I just dread going to. I refuse to make myself that unhappy. You shouldn't have to put up with all the abuse you are taking!!! You're a nice, smart girl and you deserve better!!:flowerforyou: I know it's hard not to, but try not to let them make you feel worthless...you definitely aren't, honey!!!:flowerforyou:
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Hi ladies! Glad everyone had a good weekend!! Nykkie....I LOVE Texas Roadhouse!!:love:

Nykkie, have you considered trying to find another job maybe? I know that's not necessarily an easy thing to do anymore, but I'd consider it anyway. I make it a personal rule to never stick to a job that I just dread going to. I refuse to make myself that unhappy. You shouldn't have to put up with all the abuse you are taking!!! You're a nice, smart girl and you deserve better!!:flowerforyou: I know it's hard not to, but try not to let them make you feel worthless...you definitely aren't, honey!!!:flowerforyou:

Kaitie thanks so much for the kind words - they mean a lot!
    I've been looking for a new job for quite a while now...just seems like there's nothing there. I've found a couple I could apply for, but would have to take a paycut which isn't ideal!

I have decided to go to school to become a Registered Dietitian and this will take FOREVER since we can really only afford one class at a time and you need a Bachelor's Degree to qualify to become one...I have a goal to become one by the time I'm 35. I am very excited about this and can't wait to be in a job where I help people! :happy:

I'm pretty much stuck here until something better comes a long unfortunately...it's miserable. Sadly this is what I've had to deal with this month alone:

I admit I was gone quite a bit this past Nov/Dec due to stress, and when I get stressed I get migraines. They're horrible and I can't get out of bed when I get one.

As you know the 1st week of Jan. I hurt my neck and I had to take 3 days off of work total, Dr.'s orders. I was nice enough to get a Dr.'s note, bring it in the same afternoon (while my neck was still in intense pain and stuck to one side), and come talk to the CEO and profusely apologized for the inconvenience that I was causing everyone (we're a crazy small co. so that meant pulling someone from their job to cover). He assured me it was fine, not to worry about it. I was also kind and decided not to report this as a work related injury, which technically, it was.

Then the other week my husband called me and said he was having chest pains and that he needed to be picked up from work. I called my boss and explained to her what was going on, and said that I would like to stay home with him that day since I was terrified that he could have a heart attack and she said that was totally fine, that it was very scary and she hoped that he was ok. It just turned out to be a panic attack, I guess chest pain is very common.

The day after I returned I got called into my bosses office and they wrote me up for being gone those 4 days this month...which none of them were in my control. She accused me of not being a team player, basically calling me the worst employee ever! She even went back on what she said about my husband, using her's as an example of how she went back to work after dropping him off at the hospital for a routine colonoscopy (spelling?) and then said "I guess I don't love my husband as much as you do". It's not like my husband could've called me if he was having a heart attack!
    They also told me that if my neck "really hurt that bad" then if it flares up next time they would force me to take short term disability which before that kicks in I would have to take almost two weeks unpaid.

So I dealt with that and since they moved me to a different position that I wasn't crazy about and didn't really want, but I took it anyways to make them happy....they had this big list of new duties that I would need to be trained on but haven't been trained on much at all, in fact, they trained another part-time employee to do something off of my list when I had offered multiple times to do it.

I don't know I just get a complete lack of respect or recognition that I do anything around here. It just makes me sad as I AM a good employee and I have never done anything worthy of being called a bad employee other than missing work, which I couldn't really help...

Sorry this is so long!! I'm feeling a bit better today - I worked out last night and gosh it felt so great! I forgot how much of a antidepressant exercising was.
    The sun is out today so that helps too :)

Thanks again sooo much for listening to me whine and I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week! :heart:
  • KaitieBug
    Options

Kaitie thanks so much for the kind words - they mean a lot!
    I've been looking for a new job for quite a while now...just seems like there's nothing there. I've found a couple I could apply for, but would have to take a paycut which isn't ideal!

I have decided to go to school to become a Registered Dietitian and this will take FOREVER since we can really only afford one class at a time and you need a Bachelor's Degree to qualify to become one...I have a goal to become one by the time I'm 35. I am very excited about this and can't wait to be in a job where I help people! :happy:

I'm pretty much stuck here until something better comes a long unfortunately...it's miserable. Sadly this is what I've had to deal with this month alone:

I admit I was gone quite a bit this past Nov/Dec due to stress, and when I get stressed I get migraines. They're horrible and I can't get out of bed when I get one.

As you know the 1st week of Jan. I hurt my neck and I had to take 3 days off of work total, Dr.'s orders. I was nice enough to get a Dr.'s note, bring it in the same afternoon (while my neck was still in intense pain and stuck to one side), and come talk to the CEO and profusely apologized for the inconvenience that I was causing everyone (we're a crazy small co. so that meant pulling someone from their job to cover). He assured me it was fine, not to worry about it. I was also kind and decided not to report this as a work related injury, which technically, it was.

Then the other week my husband called me and said he was having chest pains and that he needed to be picked up from work. I called my boss and explained to her what was going on, and said that I would like to stay home with him that day since I was terrified that he could have a heart attack and she said that was totally fine, that it was very scary and she hoped that he was ok. It just turned out to be a panic attack, I guess chest pain is very common.

The day after I returned I got called into my bosses office and they wrote me up for being gone those 4 days this month...which none of them were in my control. She accused me of not being a team player, basically calling me the worst employee ever! She even went back on what she said about my husband, using her's as an example of how she went back to work after dropping him off at the hospital for a routine colonoscopy (spelling?) and then said "I guess I don't love my husband as much as you do". It's not like my husband could've called me if he was having a heart attack!
    They also told me that if my neck "really hurt that bad" then if it flares up next time they would force me to take short term disability which before that kicks in I would have to take almost two weeks unpaid.

So I dealt with that and since they moved me to a different position that I wasn't crazy about and didn't really want, but I took it anyways to make them happy....they had this big list of new duties that I would need to be trained on but haven't been trained on much at all, in fact, they trained another part-time employee to do something off of my list when I had offered multiple times to do it.

I don't know I just get a complete lack of respect or recognition that I do anything around here. It just makes me sad as I AM a good employee and I have never done anything worthy of being called a bad employee other than missing work, which I couldn't really help...

Sorry this is so long!! I'm feeling a bit better today - I worked out last night and gosh it felt so great! I forgot how much of a antidepressant exercising was.
    The sun is out today so that helps too :)

Thanks again sooo much for listening to me whine and I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week! :heart:

Your boss is a backstabbing b*$%#@ :mad: And chest pains are quite different than a "routine colposcopy". I would park my butt on the copy machine, xerox copies of it, and hand them out as valentine's cards to everyone. :wink: :laugh:
  • samantha115
    Options
    Hi girls!!!!!!!! Sorry I havent been on. Im glad to see that yall are still here. Im back on track. I logged everything in today and was under in calories! I dont have a job so that should make it really easy to stawy under my calories and log everything in. Its not. I feel depressed. I feel like eating everything in sight. Anything chocolate or super salty. I hate not having a job. I was told yesterday that I looked really skinny. It felt good. Im done being jobless and feeling fat and nasty.
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Hi girls!!!!!!!! Sorry I havent been on. Im glad to see that yall are still here. Im back on track. I logged everything in today and was under in calories! I dont have a job so that should make it really easy to stawy under my calories and log everything in. Its not. I feel depressed. I feel like eating everything in sight. Anything chocolate or super salty. I hate not having a job. I was told yesterday that I looked really skinny. It felt good. Im done being jobless and feeling fat and nasty.

Awww Sam I know how you feel! I couldn't find a job for nothin' when I got off active duty last year. So I spent about 9 months doing, well, nothing. The nice part was, I had LOTS of time to workout during the day while the hubby was at work-and I actually did lol!, the bad part was boredom eating, which I am subject to if left alone for more than 2 hours:wink::laugh: :blushing: You have done an amazing job and kudos for getting back on track!! I know it sucks not having a job but you'll find one!! Glad to see you back on hunny!!:flowerforyou:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I'm so excited!! I've finally broke the 170's!! :bigsmile: I haven't been able to get into the 160s in what seems like FOREVER, but I'm there now and I feel so proud of myself. :love: My Sweetheart even commented that he sees a big difference across my stomach!! YES :bigsmile:

Sam - have faith Hun!! You'll find something soon :flowerforyou:

Nykkie - I'm with Kaitie.... xerox copies ALL AROUND!! :laugh:
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    I'm so excited!! I've finally broke the 170's!! :bigsmile: I haven't been able to get into the 160s in what seems like FOREVER, but I'm there now and I feel so proud of myself. :love: My Sweetheart even commented that he sees a big difference across my stomach!! YES :bigsmile:

Sam - have faith Hun!! You'll find something soon :flowerforyou:

Nykkie - I'm with Kaitie.... xerox copies ALL AROUND!! :laugh:

WOOT!!!! GO DENITCHY!! GOOD JOB AND CONGRATS!!!:drinker:
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    I have a food hangover from yesterday. Literally, it feels just like a regular hangover...headache, cranky, horrible tummyache...I was up half the night trying to throw up, and today I had to force toast on myself for breakfast, and the thought of my morning coffee made my stomach turn, so that led to the crankiness because I can't function without my morning cuppa!:tongue: I NEVER have to force food....and I can't believe I'm about to say this....but if I never eat again it'll be too soon!!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: Gonna try to make it to the gym tonight to work off some of it, depending on how my tummy feels....STUPID DELICIOUS SUPERBOWL FOOD!!!!:sad:
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Hey girls! LOVE the xerox idea! Thanks again for all of the support. :smooched:

Samantha - I'm so sorry you're having a hard time! I'm sure you'll find something soon. Just keep hanging in there and great job for hopping back on the wagon!

Denitchy - Congrats for breaking out of the 170's! What a wonderful feeling. I just love it when my DH makes comments like that!

Kaitie - I've had food hangovers, too...they're terrible! I really hope you feel better soon!

I'm feeling much better for the time being. It was my hubby's birthday on Sunday so we went out of town and went shopping, and went to Texas Roadhouse again and I ate 5 freaking rolls! :blushing:
    Oh my gosh the weather was nasty going home! It was snowing pretty heavily and it took us about 2 hours 45 min, possibly 3 hours to get home - it took us about an hour 15 min to get there before it snowed!
    We had a great day though and I had no regrets. We also took yesterday off so it was super nice to have a long weekend! DH usually works on Saturday but had it off so I got him all to myself for 3 whole days!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I have a food hangover from yesterday. Literally, it feels just like a regular hangover...headache, cranky, horrible tummyache...I was up half the night trying to throw up, and today I had to force toast on myself for breakfast, and the thought of my morning coffee made my stomach turn, so that led to the crankiness because I can't function without my morning cuppa!:tongue: I NEVER have to force food....and I can't believe I'm about to say this....but if I never eat again it'll be too soon!!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: Gonna try to make it to the gym tonight to work off some of it, depending on how my tummy feels....STUPID DELICIOUS SUPERBOWL FOOD!!!!:sad:

I have never heard of a "food hangover" but I hope I NEVER GET ONE!!! I try not to drink much, because I get regular hangovers pretty bad (aging sucks!! LOL) Anyway, I hope you're feeling better today!

Nykkie - We're supposed to get the snow today...well a bit of it anyway! :noway: It's always nice to not HAVE to share your time with your Hunny!! Even if it's while driving!!! LOL:bigsmile:
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hey girls! Well I know this is a little off topic...but I was asked to go for dinner with a 'friend' of a friend of mine. I've met him twice before and seems nice....don't really know if anything would come of it... I mean it would be nice to get to know him more , but do you think it's "dorky" to go out on a first date on Valentine's Day? :indifferent: I don't know. Is it better than not doing anything? , but Valentine's Day? What do you gals think?
    What are you all doing for Valentine's Day? Maybe I should just stay home and pamper myself......hmmm...
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Hey girls! Well I know this is a little off topic...but I was asked to go for dinner with a 'friend' of a friend of mine. I've met him twice before and seems nice....don't really know if anything would come of it... I mean it would be nice to get to know him more , but do you think it's "dorky" to go out on a first date on Valentine's Day? :indifferent: I don't know. Is it better than not doing anything? , but Valentine's Day? What do you gals think?
    What are you all doing for Valentine's Day? Maybe I should just stay home and pamper myself......hmmm...

Barbara, I say go for it! I think it's kind of cute that he asked you on a date for V-tines, but, I am a bit of a hopeless romantic! :tongue:
    Hubby and I have went out for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago and we dressed up and had a blast! It was a ton of fun and the fact that it was Valentine's Day helped to set the mood at the restaurant.

Don't think we're doing much this year, we just went out for Hubby's birthday so I think we will settle in with a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's, grab a movie and a bottle of wine :heart:

I suppose it doesn't really matter what day it is, technically it is just another day. Just be sure to have fun!