Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Options

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned Babylon 5? My all time fav show- 'the last best hope!''
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Love Battlestar and Babylon 5.

Still haven't decided yet whether the end to BSG disappointed me or not, but absolutely loved the rest of the show.

Keep meaning to get a B5 marathon going from the start. It's been so long since I last saw it!
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I could well be wrong!

It's been a long time, but I do vaguely remember arguing about this one many moons ago. Probably while drunk.

Just one of those random things that seems to have lodged in my brain with no point of reference :wink:

EDIT: Actually the film might say faster. I'm going to have to go check this later or it's going to bug me forever!

Please do! I remember it as faster (And thought, gimme some of that serum). Not that any super hero universe has ever been too occupied with logic and stuff :P I'm just excited someone else has thought of it. I tried to raise a discussion with some friends and got the o.o and then the z.z
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Red Dwarf is the best show ever made
    Well most of it was!

And they're not done yet!! Series 10 starts on the 4th October!!!!!!! They've just shown a series per day over the last couple of weekends as a countdown. From the clips I've seen of 10 they could well be back on form....... :-)

ETA: Fish fingers and custard works surprisingly well, and there seems to have been no mention of Battlestar Galactica :-(

Red Dwarf <3. Nothing fills my motherly heart with more pride than when my kids tell me their agenda for the day and then end it with "it's me plan".
    Can't wait for next week.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    BRUCE-LEE-APPROVES-GIF.gif

Send me a FR!

Fellow geek here!
    Unknown.jpg
  • Cat_296
    Options

Still haven't decided yet whether the end to BSG disappointed me or not, but absolutely loved the rest of the show.

I actually meant the original 80 and 84 shows, but the recent remake was pretty good - once I got my head round Starbuck being a girl and the original Apollo being a criminal turned politician!!!
  • dckennedy22
    Options

I actually meant the original 80 and 84 shows, but the recent remake was pretty good - once I got my head round Starbuck being a girl and the original Apollo being a criminal turned politician!!!

I like the old one in the same way I like the original Star Trek series, Buck Rogers and Adam West as Batman :wink:

The robotic dog creature in the original BSG really bothered me though as a child though. Like clowns and Mr Blobby.

Probably best never mentioning the 1980 series though. That was terrible!
  • Cat_296
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Hahaha, yes it was - but I thought it was brilliant when I was 3 ;-)
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The robotic dog creature in the original BSG really bothered me though as a child though. Like clowns and Mr Blobby.

First.. The 80s BSG was the SH**!!! Why else would they COMPLETELY bring back the vipors in the remake, not to mention put the 80s Silon in the display case?!?! LOL

Second... Mr. Blobby?!?! What the hell do you have against 'Giggle Snort Hotel'?!?! I LOVED that show!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

As for Monty Python...All I can say is "Spam, spam, spam, spam, Spam, spam, spam, spam,..." "hint hint, nudge nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean?" LOL

Welcome One And ALL!!! Yes, we are the Nerds, the Geeks, The Lunatics... but we're also the ones who know how to have fun!! LOL
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Second... Mr. Blobby?!?! What the hell do you have against 'Giggle Snort Hotel'?!?! I LOVED that show!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Think we're talking about two completely different 'Blobbys' here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Blobby

No pictures in that article... thankfully, but I'm sure a quick googling would fix that... *shudder*
  • gse313
    Options
    DEFINATELY a different blob... sorry... Look up Giggle Snort Hotel Blob on youtube, you'll see the one I was referring to.
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Geek/Nerd here also - love Dr Who - remember even before and after Tom Baker - bit older at 54 but have heaps to lose still. Love Sci-Fi - read Heinlein and Assimov.

Other geek/nerd types can feel free to add me. We have all models of the TRS80 and still know how to play them - I even have and use a Reverse Polish Notation Calculator and EMACS is my favourite editor (VI has been overtaken)

Have a great day everyone!
  • gse313
    Options
    Welcome In Aussie!!

Although I have seen some William Hartnell episodes, and many of the Jon Pertwee episodes, I remember the Tom Baker years best. And yes, I saw some of the Peter Davison, Collin Baker and Sylvester McCoy years as well, although not much.. the local PBS' purchasing of those episodes was spotty.

Trash 8... I mean TRS80?!? lol sometimes I miss those... not often, but sometimes.

RPN, now that IS oldschool!!

Welcome to the hive!!
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    This is how nerdy I am! I used to love Seaquest DSV! Anyone watch that? I borrowed the dvd off a friend and tried to watch it recently and it was awful!

I'm into Supernatural and anything with ''star'' in the title!
  • gse313
    Options
    I loved Seaquest!!

I also loved Quantum Leap!! I thought Dr. Sam Becket's quantum leap theory, and how he got it, was amazing!! "Imagine your life is this string, your birth at one end and your death at the other with all the days, seconds, moments of your life in between. Now if you take that string and ball in up tight, every point intersects with countless others..."
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    Ahhh! Yes! Quantum leap, used to watch it with my mum! Recently been buying it for my 18 year old! It still holds up!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I loved Seaquest!!

I also loved Quantum Leap!! I thought Dr. Sam Becket's quantum leap theory, and how he got it, was amazing!! "Imagine your life is this string, your birth at one end and your death at the other with all the days, seconds, moments of your life in between. Now if you take that string and ball in up tight, every point intersects with countless others..."

Quantum Leap was one of my faves back when I was in Elementary. :)
  • autovatic
    autovatic Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is how nerdy I am! I used to love Seaquest DSV! Anyone watch that? I borrowed the dvd off a friend and tried to watch it recently and it was awful!

I'm into Supernatural and anything with ''star'' in the title!

Ooohhh, Seaquest! <3 I think I'll just keep my really fond memories and not revisit. :P I think it says something about my taste in tv that I always love the shows SciFi cancels.
  • a_moondragon
    Options
    I was a fan of Sealab 2020... Definitely not the same.
  • gse313
    Options
    Ooohhh, Seaquest! <3 I think I'll just keep my really fond memories and not revisit. :P I think it says something about my taste in tv that I always love the shows SciFi cancels.

I think she qualifies guys!!! LOL

Welcome to our strangeness!! lol