Dear NFL

Options

Replies

• JennaDeane
    Options
    I'm so sick of watching teams get robbned of obvious wins... the Packers, the Buccaneers, uhm EVERYONE else in the NFL.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Well now, as someone who doesn't normally watch NFL but finds way more TV time opened up due to the pre-school attitudes of the NHL, I'm finding the games much more "interesting" to watch.

Although I do admit that absolute crap reffing in any sport makes my blood boil!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    YEP! I agree, BUT I also know that it is NOT these Ref's Fault. It's like getting Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) to arm wrestle against the Hulk, and telling Sheldon right before the match...I'm betting 1 million dollars on YOU, I know You can beat the Hulk. GUESS What?!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm all for ensuring fairness and opportunity for visually impaired people and not discriminating against them. However, letting them referee football games does seem a strange choice. ;-)
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    No more NFL in our house until the real refs show up!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Alternative 1.
    Cancel the season.

Alternative 2
    Get other officials that just as many will denegrate.

Alternative 3
    Settle the Lock Out.

Vote?
    First choice - Option 3

Second choice - Option 1
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is beyond ridiculous. I thought last nights Patriots/Ravens game was horrible officiated. This one's worse. Either bring back the real refs or just axe the season. This is just pathetic.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm a 'hawks fan, soooo..... But no, that game really was absurd.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm not bashing the replacement refs. They're doing their best. I couldn't do their job. I'm bashing the NFL for not having its house in order.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't know, I'm kind of digging all the extra drama. If they could just add some mood music and novella-style swooping close-ups...

(ETA) I'm thinking specifically of the look on Belichick's face when he realized he grabbed a ref...DUN DUN DUN!

This.

The NFL is starting to look like the NCAA. Highly entertaining.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The Niners did play bad on Sunday, but the refs weren't helping. So many penalties on the niners, and that last vikings touchdown was clearly pass interference.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    OMG - Seahawks just got THE LUCKIEST CALL EVER!!!! TOTAL Karma call from the infamous superbowl calls...WOW :bigsmile: Oh well, I take it! Tate you are a ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh Seahawks fans.. still complaining about losing 7 years ago by 11 points. Yeah it was the refs...

Want Ben's touchdown called back? I'll give you that.

Want a free field goal you didn't make? I'll give you that.

You still lose.

City of Champions baby.

:wink: :laugh:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Regular refs need to come back now. The NFL needs to make them a good offer.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    no matter how bad they are..they still aren't as bad as the regular refs in the NBA lol
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to see the call yesterday at the end of the game. I did see the replay though. But, my question is if every score gets reviewed, who does the review? It must be the replacement refs! They don't know the difference. I don't care about either team, but please there way too many screw up calls and it is just going to get worse.
    The NFL needs to get their act together and get the settlement done with the ones that are in lockout!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The Niners did play bad on Sunday, but the refs weren't helping. So many penalties on the niners, and that last vikings touchdown was clearly pass interference.

What? Ummm how about the two challenges the 49ers were able to make and got over turned when they didn't even have time outs so shouldn't have been able to challenge at ALL. The refs were doing all they could so the 49ers could win but they 49ers still couldn't win. Sorry your team lost.

Also think of how much the NFL is now making just by the fines they are putting on the coaches that argue with the refs.
  • got2bstrong
    Options
    Word. Those refs really crapped the bed with that call! WTH!?!?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I don't have ESPN.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Dear NFL,

Fix your ref problem. Now. This is ridiculous.

That is all.

I couldn't agree with you more!! Ugh!!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I do blame the replacement officials.

Everyone says it's rough on them, it's the NFL's fault, not theirs. But what it comes down to, they don't have to do it. They took a job, they're failing at their job. If they're qualified or not has no bearing on who I blame. If they're not qualified, they shouldn't take the job. So **** them.

Secondly, I don't care who won the game, but that entire 4th quarter was bull. From the blown PI that gave the packers a td, to the horrible call at the end. Just... screw that whole game.