bump
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    tag
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Some of my friends are new to MFP and this will really help them!!
  • ThaPoeticRose
    Options
    Thanks for helping me understand this better, I was totally at a lost with the reason for eating you calories lost through exercise...THANKS>>>>>:bigsmile:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Thanks for the great information, O MFP guru!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    How about when you record you workout under exercise and eat your exercice calories ? Would you still consider yourself lightly active or even active if you have a desk job ?

Said differently, if you have a desk job and workout, do you
    A) consider your cardio workout when defining your activity level so you don't add it under exercise, or
    B) consider you are sendentary on the goal page but add exercise calories when you workout, or
    C) use both "calorie increasers" so you set activity to Lightly Active, or even Active AND add exercise when your workout ?

I'm curently set as B, but this discussion kind of leaves me wondering...
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Thank you Banks! I really needed to read this. I am getting closer to my goal. My BMI is 24.9 and my BMR is only 1,181. (45 yr old female, 5 ft 1" current weight is 132. I use a HRM so I am pretty accurate on my excercise calories and usually do not eat below 100 calories net and seldom do I go more than 50 above. I am kind of stuck...up a pound or two then down based on water, tmo, etc.

Not discouraged just disappointed but reading this helps! I will really focus on the muscle building and toning and let the weight take care of itself.

I have often wondered about what a realistic goal is for me anyway. Everyone who sees me says I look great and shouldn't lose anymore including my husband.

Thanks for all of you VERY helpful posts!!
  • GoodGollyMolly
    Options
    Bump!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have learned so much from the website, thanks to informative posts by people such as you who care enough to share your knowledge with the rest of us. Thanks for explaining it so clearly and helping me reach my goals in a safe, healthy way! Now my next step is to get a HRM so that I can eat my ACTUAL exercise calories!
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    bumpo! needed the encouragement!
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a triumph to proclaim....last week I did not loose any weight and I THOUGHT I had the best week ever (keeping within my minimum calories and exercising)!! Then I read your post on eating your exercise calories, and voila...down 2lbs this week! I'll admit I didn't eat every single exercise calorie...but I ate 50-75% and it seemed to be the answer...I am now a believer!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have a triumph to proclaim....last week I did not loose any weight and I THOUGHT I had the best week ever (keeping within my minimum calories and exercising)!! Then I read your post on eating your exercise calories, and voila...down 2lbs this week! I'll admit I didn't eat every single exercise calorie...but I ate 50-75% and it seemed to be the answer...I am now a believer!

thumbsup.gif
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    bump!:flowerforyou:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Nicely explained! =) (as always)
  • krissybohaczyk
    krissybohaczyk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BUMP!:flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice...thanks!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Nice post, Banks. Are you a professional in the industry?

I just blogged about this very topic today, funnily enough, before seeing this.

Nice to see you spreading the good word.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    Thank you for the great explanation!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Nice post, Banks. Are you a professional in the industry?

I just blogged about this very topic today, funnily enough, before seeing this.

Nice to see you spreading the good word.

I'm a PT, but I wrote this before certified, I've just been on here a long time, and have done a heck of a lot of research is all.

thanks!