15 months, 134 pounds lost - at GOAL! (pics included)

Options

Replies

• scoutmom22
    Options
    every word was elegantly used, and well worth the read.

i was just visiting with a friend (who's a big supporter) last night about this very concept. that something is just *different* this time... that as committed and driven and dedicated as i may have been every single time i've lost weight in the past, something just *clicked* this time... and it's time. i know it, my body knows it, my mind and heart know it. it's a difference that i would've never been able to articulate before... it's like not knowing what you've been missing until you absolutely found it.

all of your post - every stage, every "area" of weight loss was inspirational to me... but i was surprised at how much i loved hearing about your MFP cheerleaders. i've been trying to get into posting and messaging and stuff, but haven't quite picked it up yet. i'm going to work on that :)

congrats, chica. you deserve every little black dress you get in to.

xoxo,
    amj
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic story!
    Congratulations to you on your success. As you said, you were beautiful before and still are beautiful.
    So happy for you!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    i am so proud of you..i am so jealous of your hip lol...you were able to shrink them! I so need to shrink mine an everybody always told me it is not possible for me to lose my hips it is a family trait, but seeing how you lost yours completely an now slim changes my thought process completely..thank you!

Glad someone noticed that ;) I am way less pear-shaped and TRUST ME those hips and thighs are a family 'gift' - ha. Strength training has shown me my true shape.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Awesome post. Thanks Shannon!!!!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Wow!! The transformation is amazing and very awe inspiring. You Rock.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    this is such a positive and inspiring post! i loved ready about your journey. congratulations shannon! you're a mommy on a mission!
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on "living your healthiest life you can enjoy"!!!! YOU are one of the reasons I'm still here on MFP. Thank you:heart:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story! Truly inspiring!
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing, thank you for sharing your story. You are definietly an inspiration :)
  • Noni2863
    Noni2863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are a star and an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i love this so much. I've seen your posts before and the rate that you hit your goal weight is amazing and badass. im not only envious of your loss but of the confidence and happiness you radiate before and after. all i can say is congrats. i'm so happy for you. your journey actually makes me tear up a little :smile:
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • bflyr
    Options
    Amazing inspiration ! Thanks so much for sharing!.....and you're NOT wordy! Women can never share enough! :) Love the pics too! You can tell you love yourself......and others around you!
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Bump for further reading.

Congrats for your success. :)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    this is awesome
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I was a beautiful, smart woman then too, with accomplishments and talents. I'm not defined by my body, and I was in no way less deserving or less wonderful than I am now. And you readers out there feeling like you're worthless because of your weight? Stop, right now. Wanting change does not mean you have to hate what or who you are presently. All self-hate will do is get in the way.

Love, LoVe, L O V E this ! ! Thanks for sharing the "inner" part of your journey, as well as the rest ! ! You have a gift of communicating with words (among other giftings), and I am just thrilled with this post ! ! Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to express the truth of your story and life. I appreciate you, and all the encouragement you have given to so many through this (me included!) ...

:flowerforyou:
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is a fabulous post. Thank you for taking the time to write it all down.

Jane
  • ACrookston
    Options
    LOVE your story!!
  • kenyarb
    kenyarb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AWESOME! WHAT AN INSPIRATION!
  • demigh
    demigh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!