Men's advice please....

Options
1235»

Replies

• ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    believe me..if the guy is REALLY into you...he'll make the effort and show you. I've had guys that didn't do nothing and guys that ACTUALLY make the effort...everyday! move on
  • Danardeener
    Options
    i would say reach out to him, a quick hi, how was your weekend and leave it alone. He should have sent a text by now, if he was a gentleman.

Why should she reach out to him?

Here are some possible scenarios:

He is not into her—she shouldn’t reach out
    He is playing games—grown *kitten* men should not play childish games—she shouldn’t reach out
    He is into her, but is kinda shy—who wants an insecure man—she shouldn’t reach out

Can you come up with another reason why he hasn’t contacted her in a week?

I totally agree with this ^^.....Guys like to chase, if he's not chasin', he's not into you.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Married now....but my advice would be do not contact him.

If he wants to get a hold of you he will.

You showed him you were interested...the ball is in his court.

There are millions of other men at there.

Go do somethings you enjoy, whether it be dating, out with friends, workout...whatever it is you enjoy.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    believe me..if the guy is REALLY into you...he'll make the effort and show you. I've had guys that didn't do nothing and guys that ACTUALLY make the effort...everyday! move on

THIS!
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Call him, Don't text. One time.. Don't listen to these ppl saying " He's not into you". I Called my Man before he called me back. Were now married and been together for 22 years... But Just get ahold of him once. don't stalk him.. Lol
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I am not a man, but here's my opinion...

Do nothing !!

If he is interested, he has your number..If he is playing THe game, he has your number..Dont sit there waiting for him, go on other dates, go out with friends. If he really wants to, he will contact you.

^^^
    If he was more interested in you, he would have contacted you. next time, don't apologize in a text!
  • Bradleyjah
    Bradleyjah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've known male friends that have REALLY regretted that they "never got around to" contacting a girl they'd been on a date with - then found she'd got angry about it and didn't want to talk to them any more.

Me in the opposite situation, I think I'd wait until I was planning to do something they might like, then invite them along - if they say "no, but how about..." you're in; if it's a flat out 'no', you know where you are pretty much.

And yes, not all men 'play the game'. Some are quite shy. Some may procrastinate a bit, especially when the result of a message might be rejection.

I agree with all of this. During my shyer days, I've definitely been in the position where I've let too much time lapse since the date and was hesitant to make contact because I was worried she'd be mad, that I broke some unwritten "rule" of dating, and/or that she'd think the delayed response meant they were "second choice" or whatever. This has been especially true where the back and forth of the communication got messed up at the start (e.g. he sent the last communication, expected a response from her, and then didn't hear anything back because it was too late or something)...suddenly more than three or four days has passed and it feels weird to contact them.

With that being said, nowadays, I just throw out the "rules" and just contact someone right away if I like them. He may not be at the point (or maybe he is), but I think there's nothing wrong with sending a quick feeler message out like several folks have mentioned (I especially like the idea where you mention you're doing something and invite him along...it makes it seem like you're doing your own thing and gives him a chance to say a clear "yes", "no", or "no, but how about X"). It's not even remotely desperate (in fact, I think it comes across as confident) and will give you closure (and perhaps give him a second chance).
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

^^^
    If he was more interested in you, he would have contacted you. next time, don't apologize in a text!

I agree. You don't need to apologize for being you. That shows insecurity and us guys hate that. And if you do talk to much, tone it down a bit next time. I dated girls that would not stop talking and I never called them. Everyone is different but yeah if you feel like you talk too much, then slow down.