Foods you avoid due to bad experience such as choking?

Options

Replies

• IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Funyuns and Sunkist. Ate them as a kid. Threw up shortly after. Never touched them again.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Sun dried tomatoes .. don't ask... makes me gag to think
  • Incredmrse
    Options
    cream corn/spinach, and really cheesy pizza
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    As a kid, I choked on a huge piece of cabbage. I don't avoid it, but I am very careful and stressed when I eat it. Same with mozzarella cheese in cheese sticks. It's so stringy!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    popcorn
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Choked on tomato soup when I was like 6. Can't stand to look at it, smell it or even talk about it and it makes me gag! Bleck!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    None! I have the throat muscles of a snake. I've had stuff stuck in my throat but I could always some how just like make it come out...?

Hahaha perverts.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I f*cking HATE sprinkles because my mom used to open up my pills as a child & mix the little ball thingies into applesauce to get me to take my meds (pneumonia + bronchitis). Nothing like crunchy *kitten* in your MF applesauce. Thanks Mom. I guess that kinda ruined applesauce for me too.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    canned peas... they make me vomit....lol
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Those Brach's butterscotch candies. You know, they're round discs, the perfect size for getting stuck in a child's esophagus. Almost choked to death on one when I was about 9 years old. I'm still too scared to eat them.

I also almost choked on a tortilla chip, but that's just because I'm a gluttonous piglet. I was mowing down the chips so fast I didn't chew them well enough, and when I swallowed, a jagged chip got stuck in my throat. It wasn't completely obstructing my airway, but I could feel it stuck there and it was so sharp that it hurt. I tried drinking water, then tried eating more to try to push it down, and then started to have an anxiety attack and felt like I couldn't breathe (from the panic more than the chip itself). It FINALLY went down. I don't avoid chips (I'm not insane!) but I do CHEW my food slower and more thoroughly before I swallow it.
  • megyak6
    Options
    Honey buns and butterfingers...I am gagging just thinking about them. The only thing I ever choked on as a kid was a nickel and those really aren't a part of my regular diet. ;)
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I once spent the night of a bad break up with a cheap bottle of tequila and now I'm pretty selective about my tequila.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I guess i have a long list,all of the below make me throw up

Red Meat
    Anything with excess butter/margarine/clarified butter
    seafood when it smells like seafood :grumble:
    Anything too sweet,i can handle chocolate upto 50 %,anything less than that im dead.
    Castor Oil-traditional use to clean bowels back home
    artificially flavored anything
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I nearly choked to death on a piece of meat when I was about 3 but I don't remember it. Then I nearly choked to death on a tootsie roll when I was 9 months pregnant. I still fear tootsie rolls but I still eat them.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sweet-tarts. I love em but I almost choked to death on one when I was a teenager. Felt like it was going to take forever to get the thing to melt.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Does shots of pineapple upside down cake, count? Let's just say I partied a little too hard the day I graduated college...

that stuff will kill you....if you're talking about pineapple upside down cake shooters...only I had a couple of martini's ...sheesh nearly killed me.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Th isn't a food, but, psyllium husks capsules. Last month I bought this for the first time for digestive purposes. So the first time I took it, fine, the second time, the pill just kind of lodged there, and no amounts of water would flush it down. And all I could keep reading was warning, drink with plenty of water, pill may enlarge in esophagus and cause choking :noway:
    So no more. Now I break those capsules open and stir them into my water.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The last shot of Jameson I took made me literally wheeze afterward. Like I said, it was my last shot.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Water chestnuts. The crunch of them sound like when you accidentally step on a junebug or a snail. BLARGHHH.
    My mom sneaks them into her pancit, and if I accidentally bite into one, I gag.
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    Jaeger. *shudder*