Did you marry your first love from high school or before

Options

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I loved my high school sweetheart enough to leave her. It was best for both of us.

I married but was in love with idea of marrying more than being in love with her. It wasn't until we divorced and I met another years later that I understood what love really meant. I lost that one too because of a job...ARGH!

The way I see it, I'm not suppose to be married, which is sad when you think about it. Oh well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
  • Finigan84
    Options
    Yes. We met at 15, had a baby at 22, got married at 25 (he was 26). We have been together for 12 years, married for 2 and a half. Our wedding was on the 10th anniversary of the first time he told me he loved me. Love him to pieces!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if I'd married my first boyfriend, I'd be sitting on death row now for having murdered him and his mother. Think Howard Wolowitz's mother.... x 10,000.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    yep, then divorced @ 30, *kitten* happens
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Marrying my high school sweetheart in two years. We were together for about a year, broke up for four years, grew into the people we needed to be, and got back together a year ago this coming Saturday. :) Even though we're totally meant to be together, the long breakup gave us time to sort out the things that we didn't like about ourselves and the things that made our relationship not work before. It amazes me how much we've both grown and how ready we are for this now.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I met my wife in college when we were 20. Got engaged at 23. Married at 24. and we've had two kids since. It's been awesome.

The girl who I had a crush on in highschool friend zoned me because my sister didn't like her. We were best friends for a long time. She's now my daughter's pediatrician and my wife kinda hated her. I'm kinda hoping that I get to be godfather to their first baby.
  • jflint86
    jflint86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep! Been together for 9 years. Married each other at 19, married for 6 years now :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My high school sweetheart turned out to be a self-centered turdmonkey. I didn't even meet my husband until my second year of grad school.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Met the first day of 8th grade (got sent to the principals office :). Dated nine years and have been very happily married almost 28 years now:smile:
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No - thank goodness!!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sure did! Gonna be 8 years this October; 2 married. <3
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I started dating him before 12th grade. Tomorrow is 10 years since he asked me out!
    We're married for 4 years and have 2 children!
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    NO, boy did I dodge a bullet on that one. He ended up a TOTAL loser. Going to prison, the whole nine yards...sheesh.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when we were 12. I refused to date him when we were kids, my mom always said there are boys you date and. It's you marry and that you don't wan to ruin the relationship with the ones you'd marry by dating them in your adolescents. He was my best friend and we frequently kissed but never dated. When we were 24 we found ourselves reunited, moved in together at 26, married at 29, we have a beautiful 3 year old.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    We're not married yet and we're still young, but we're engaged. Started dating when I was 14 (he was 15), I'm 20 now. We'll be getting married when we're done with college (2 years to go).
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in 6th grade. We started dating after high school. We have been together for 10 years, and we got married in January of this year. Tomorrow we are going on our honeymoon (finally).
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    No, we met when I was 20 (he was 29), 42 days later we got married. We're celebrating our 23rd this year and we love each other more than ever before. We're best friends and lovers; we enjoy a lot of the same things, but we also have hobbies that are different. <3<3<3 One child who's grown; we're empty-nesters. :)
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If so are you still together. How many years?
    Yes we have been married now for 14 years it hasn't always been easy we got married one month after I graduated it probably would of been easier if we both would of grown up before hand but we just put God first and not let the word divorce enter our vocabulary.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    lol i know it sounds like something out of a movie, but i married my best friend.

we met when we were in 7th grade and became instant best friends. dated guys through the years and had breakups and he was always there.
    then my sophmore year i started dating a guy who was a year older. we dated until his senior year and were engaged. he went to the marines and came back a totally different person that i didn't want to be with anymore. we broke up and i was heartbroken over it.

once again chris was there for me. the more he was there for me the more i realized i was starting to like-like him even more. finally after a few weeks of debating, i just went with my gut and asked him out. he said yes of course. (later i found out he liked me since he met me!)

here we are now, we are married, have a beautiful little girl that just turned 3, and this december we will have been married for 4 years. and he is STILL my best friend♥
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    We met when I was a freshmen and he was a Junior in high school. Didn't start dating until the end of my Junior year (he was out of high school then). I asked him out first.

We dated 4 years, got married in 1998 and we are still together and have just one son. :heart: