Foods you avoid due to bad experience such as choking?

Options
123457»

Replies

• anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    1) Cheesecake. I had 2 pieces when I was 7 or 8 and threw up from it. I've slowly started trying it again, but I don't get very far without that gaggy feeling. :(
    2) Pumpkin pie. Got sick at Thanksgiving one year and my aunt saved me some pumpkin pie. Can't eat it at all now.
    3) Canned veggies. Canned mixed veggies was a staple in my parents house and they'd cook the veggies in the water they came in. Between the gross lima beans and white cube-like potatoes, it's put me off from all canned veggies for good.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bread …… gives me piles/ hemerroids.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I was eating Chedder Goldfish - when I found a hair baked into one. I pulled it out of my mouth and an 8 foot hair crawled from the back of my throat, gagging me and still being cooked into the crunched body of the cracker. To this day if i see a little hair on my food i am done eating for the day (regardless of the time), and safe to say I dont touch goldfish anymore lol
  • Bradleyjah
    Bradleyjah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oranges.....choked when I was about 10 years old. Still think about it every time I eat an orange.

Same with me. Choked on an orange when I was about the same age. I still eat oranges every now and again, but I'm always very nervous eating them.
  • kvelcro
    Options
    Choking related: Pork rinds and plain corn chips.

Childhood memory: I generally hate all soft sponge cakes with cream / jam filling and white frosting because they remind me of weddings I had to sit through as a child.

Sibling-related: Beetroot reminds me of my sister and her crazy antics trying to convince me that beet juice was blood.

Sweet basil seed drink, because my sister told me it was tadpoles and I never got over the trauma of seeing her gargle with it.