What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Replies

• FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    For all the people who hear "You're so much prettier without glasses!"

I had glasses before I got contacts and I learned that a great response was, "Hey, without my glasses you look better, too!"

That pretty much shut them up.

Love this!!! TY for making me smile today!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    That I was a 7....by someone I was dating and thought we were getting serious. I mean...I guess I was better than the midpoint on the scale, but still not exactly what you want to hear from the guy desperately trying to get into your pants.
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    "Every time I see you you just get prettier and prettier these days" - from my Grandmother since I have been losing weight
  • feltlikesound
    "Your hair is so long, and pretty, now!" :frown: Like there was something WRONG with it when it was short? My butt. Kiss it.

*typos

my wife gets this ALL the time, especially from her family members, and it makes her want to chop all of her hair off again.

I have very short hair, and when I was single often got the advice "maybe you should grow your hair...you attract more flies with honey, you know".

Because I am deeply interested in dating someone who can't see past the length of my hair.
  • Wow you lost weight, ALOT of weight....... U need to stop...... I feel great though n they say im getting to skinny:(
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    When shopping in some upscale stores or departments having a salesperson say "I'm not certain that we carry anything in your size." I was just looking --- not buying -- anyhow. That's why I love Pinterest. No judgements!
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Kid at work- "I'm chubby. Like you!"
    me- "you think I'm chubby?"
    kid- "...the cute kind of chubby.."
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    "Wow you I never knew you weighed that much you hide it so well"
  • feltlikesound
    Also the other day at work someone said "don't you go getting all slim and trim and no fun on us!" (regarding their love of pub style restaurants)---- I thought I was on my way to looking slim and trim, but I guess not.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    From my grandma - "You aren't nearly as fat as you were the last time I saw you!"
    ... I was 10 pounds or so heavier and she's not one to talk.

I too have gotten the "You carry it well".
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    "You're one of two people I'd bang."

Just sayin.

Would is help if it was "you're the FIRST of two people I'd bang"?

Just askin'.
  • friend of my hubby told me once.. "You have such a nice personality we forget that you have a weight problem"
    lets just say I wanted to strangle the guy !!!

ohh and ppl telling me.. its okay to be big because youre tall !!
    I'm not 6'4.. im 5'8 :)
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    "You're one of two people I'd bang."

Just sayin.

Would is help if it was "you're the FIRST of two people I'd bang"?

Just askin'.
    Bettah reco-nize!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    "Your hair is so long, and pretty, now!" :frown: Like there was something WRONG with it when it was short? My butt. Kiss it.

*typos

my wife gets this ALL the time, especially from her family members, and it makes her want to chop all of her hair off again.

I have very short hair, and when I was single often got the advice "maybe you should grow your hair...you attract more flies with honey, you know".

Because I am deeply interested in dating someone who can't see past the length of my hair.

THIS!^^ A guy I was friends with in high school had the audacity to tell me years later, "The reason I never went for you in high school was because your hair was too short and butch. Now that it's long, we can totally date, now!"

Oh be still, my beating heart.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    I've seen it mentioned here a lot, but I also frequently get, "you look fantastic for having two kids!" If people would leave off the "for having two kids" and just say "you look fantastic," maybe I'd consider it a real compliment. As it is, it kind of hurts my feelings. Maybe I'm too sensitive. Lol.

I had lost 30 pounds and was out with a friend who has always been much heavier than me and unable to lose weight (she "tries" but can't seem to lose on the burgers/fried foods/etc diets... don't know why, rofl). She told me that she "thinks of (me) every time (she) eats chicken wings, because they look just like (my) collar bone." WTH? Seriously, now... wth? I didn't even know I HAD collar bones until I lost those 30 pounds, so I tried to tell myself that she was just jealous, but it's something that still makes me scratch my head, 8 years later.
  • From my husband when I showed him the before / after picture last time I lost weight (and coincidentally right before i gained it all back)
    "Wow!! You look completely different! I can't believe I used to sleep with THAT!!!!"
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    It was: "Well, your grandfather did pass on good genetics."
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    "You look really good today! Did you lose weight?" Um, NO I didn't. or "You look like you lost weight!" when I didn't. Why always bring weight into it? Just say 'You look good/you look nice today' or don't say anything at all. My former boss used to say this to me all the time and it used to piss me off to no end. Finally I told him "Do me a favor - don't ever say that to me again, even if I look like I lost weight. It's not a compliment and it makes me feel crappy." Needless to say, I don't work there anymore.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    "What kind of pills did you take to lose weight?" Um, none thanks....I did it by diet and exercise. Then they get mad when you tell them that.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    For all the people who hear "You're so much prettier without glasses!"

I had glasses before I got contacts and I learned that a great response was, "Hey, without my glasses you look better, too!"

That pretty much shut them up.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: