Knee High Boots Week 6

Options

Replies

• barbara12
    Options
    [/quote]
    Don't think we're doing much this year, we just went out for Hubby's birthday so I think we will settle in with a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's, grab a movie and a bottle of wine :heart:
    [/quote]

I like the sound of that!! But then again I don't need any excuses to have pizza!

Thanks Nykkie, I just might go out just to get all 'gussied up' and have a good time. (Great...now I need to get my nails done...and hair done...and new make-up....and something to wear...and...and.....lol!!!)
    Enjoy your heart shaped 'za and bottle of wine!!! ....That still sounds much better to me! LOL!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Go for it Barbara! It'll be fun, who cares what day it is? :bigsmile: Nykkie's right, it'll help set the mood too lol!!

No idea what the hubby and I are doing. Last year was our first v-day together, we were broke newlyweds so we stayed in...we splurged a little and bought filet mignon at the grocery store, and he ordered me out of the kitchen and made me the best steak and mashed potatoes-and corn on the cob-that I've ever had:love: He even made a fancy dessert with the coffee liquer I bought him-mixed it with coffee ice cream, YUM!!!:love: We'll probably just stay in this year too, hopefully he'll make me filet mignon again!!!!:laugh:

Don't forget tomorrow's weigh in day!! I'm just hoping I didn't gain this week lol:smokin:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    Good morning Ladies. Weigh-in today... 168! I'm so excited, down another pound. :bigsmile: This P90X is really working for me :love: My muscles are rather sore today but it's a great feeling.

My Sweetheart gave me corporate tickets for a concert on Valentine's day, that he told me to take my girlfriend to (he has NO INTEREST in John Mayer, but then again, I really don't know any of his songs either) When I told him that I would rather spend time with him for V-day, he says "Every day is Valentine's Day for us!" :heart: How cute is that?!?!?! LOL :laugh: I think we'll be doing something to celebrate it on Saturday instead.... LOL
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    Barbara - enjoy getting all pretty-fied! I hope you have a fantastic time on your date!!
    I absolutely love having mini spa days - DH bought me a foot spa a couple years back for Xmas and got me a bunch of foot/hand spa things for Christmas this year from Bath and Body :love: so I'll do a mini mani/pedi, put on a face mask, and it's just divine! I sure would love an actual Spa day though, a full body massage sounds amazing!

Kaitie - that sounds like my kind of meal! Steak is one of my favorite things! DH would love that dessert - his fave alcohol is coffee liqueur! I think I might actually get that for him!

Denitchy - Congrats on the pound loss!! I'm excited that P90X is working for you! I'm excited to say that I am ordering Power 90 tomorrow!!! I figured that I can run through it twice by my anniversary (in Sept) and we're planning on going some place with an indoor water park!

I'm jealous about the John Mayer tickets - I bet he'll put on a fantastic show! I love the "Every day is Valentine's Day" thing that your sweetheart said to you! :smooched:

Have a great Thursday girls!
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Good job denitchy!!! You rock girl!!:drinker: That is pretty sweet what your man said to you!!

No change for me this week. Having some...er, personal issues with my body,:blushing: gotten really bad and more painful this week, so I'm skipping pilates today :sad: because it's gotten to the point where I can't even walk without pain, let alond bend, stretch, lift, lay down, sit, etc. So if I don't start improving today gonna hafta get myself in to the dr.:cry: Exercising kinda isn't an option right now....even taking the puppy for a 10 minute walk is gonna suck:embarassed: :sad:
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Good job denitchy!!! You rock girl!!:drinker: That is pretty sweet what your man said to you!!

No change for me this week. Having some...er, personal issues with my body,:blushing: gotten really bad and more painful this week, so I'm skipping pilates today :sad: because it's gotten to the point where I can't even walk without pain, let alond bend, stretch, lift, lay down, sit, etc. So if I don't start improving today gonna hafta get myself in to the dr.:cry: Exercising kinda isn't an option right now....even taking the puppy for a 10 minute walk is gonna suck:embarassed: :sad:

Oh no! I really hope you start feeling better soon Kaitie! I have a cyst on my tailbone that flares up every so often, when it first got inflamed it was MISERABLE to walk or sit, etc like you described! So I feel your pain! :flowerforyou:
  • barbara12
    Options

feel beter Kaitie!! my thoughts are with you:flowerforyou:
  • KaitieBug
    Options

Oh no! I really hope you start feeling better soon Kaitie! I have a cyst on my tailbone that flares up every so often, when it first got inflamed it was MISERABLE to walk or sit, etc like you described! So I feel your pain! :flowerforyou:

OMG I think that's exactly what it is!:embarassed: A freakin cyst on my tailbone...I've been treating it like a boil and taking asprin and applying heating pads...that's helped a lot, pain wise anyway. Trying to NOT have to go to the dr. :frown: Wow, it's gonna be a romantic Valentine's Day weekend in my household LOL!!!!! :laugh: :grumble: Hubby has some secret squirrel plans, he wants to take me out tomorrow all day, won't tell me what, but he says it's "once in a lifetime opportunity, very romantic, we'll never get to do this again", and he says his mom CRIED when he told her what it was:smooched: ...so I'm super curious now and dying to know! Just hope it's nothing to stress my poor bum:blushing: Thanks for the get better wishes, girls! Nykkie, what do you do when your cyst flares up?
  • NykkieC
    Options

OMG I think that's exactly what it is!:embarassed: A freakin cyst on my tailbone...I've been treating it like a boil and taking asprin and applying heating pads...that's helped a lot, pain wise anyway. Trying to NOT have to go to the dr. :frown: Wow, it's gonna be a romantic Valentine's Day weekend in my household LOL!!!!! :laugh: :grumble: Hubby has some secret squirrel plans, he wants to take me out tomorrow all day, won't tell me what, but he says it's "once in a lifetime opportunity, very romantic, we'll never get to do this again", and he says his mom CRIED when he told her what it was:smooched: ...so I'm super curious now and dying to know! Just hope it's nothing to stress my poor bum:blushing: Thanks for the get better wishes, girls! Nykkie, what do you do when your cyst flares up?

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to hear what your Hubby has up his sleeve!

As for my cyst...
    The very first time it got inflamed I thought I had actually cracked my tailbone since the pressure feels somewhat similar to that until it popped. (TMI...but the drainage is outright disgusting, brown and horrible smelling) It was the day of my last Homecoming dance lol so we just put some gauze over it and away I went.
    It was still hurting pretty badly so I went to the Dr. and they had to lance it. I'm not gonna lie, probably the worst pain of my life. :frown: They also had to "pack" it with a string like thing to keep the wound open to drain..that hurts a lot too. I was lucky to still be at school and living at my parents house at the time but it was a daily packing thing, and once it got changed I had to ride in the car backwards and had to stay out of school the rest of the day.

It's MUCH better now and it does still flare up, but I can usually put pressure on it and it'll pop and I won't have any trouble with it after that. One time it did get decently inflamed, but I used some 'black salve' - it's this black stuff that'll suck infection out of wounds! - on it and it healed just fine. I can't find it in stores anymore but you can find it online.

Hmm pilates may have inflamed it for you - do you have moves that you do in your class where they have you shift to your tailbone?

Hope this helps Kaitie and feel free to ask anything else!

And sorry about the TMI to everyone else :laugh:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    Though I have never experienced this (and I NEVER want to) it sounds very painful!! I hope your feeling better soon Kaitie :ohwell:

And Kaitie, I can't wait to hear what your Hubby has planned for you....:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend and V-Day with their hunnies!:heart: Hubby's surprise was taking me around to all our old haunts when we first started dating, beginning with the bar we met at:heart::heart: :blushing: :bigsmile: He also brought me home flowers and a chocolate covered strawberry bouquet from Edible Arrangements:love: It was so sweet...and yummy!!!

Been working out a lot but eating bad and going over calories this weekend, tried to get back on track today but still over:grumble: Hopefully tomorrow. Off to class:grumble: , have a good night girls!:wink:
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend and V-Day with their hunnies!:heart: Hubby's surprise was taking me around to all our old haunts when we first started dating, beginning with the bar we met at:heart::heart: :blushing: :bigsmile: He also brought me home flowers and a chocolate covered strawberry bouquet from Edible Arrangements:love: It was so sweet...and yummy!!!

Been working out a lot but eating bad and going over calories this weekend, tried to get back on track today but still over:grumble: Hopefully tomorrow. Off to class:grumble: , have a good night girls!:wink:

Kaitie, sounds like you had a fantastic V'tines with your hubby! That is so sweet what he did for you!
    My DH got me some stuff from Bath & Body Works for doing manicures, scrub, lotion, and bought me a bottle of OPI nail strengthener and a neck massager with heat! :love:
    We had a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's and I made him a dessert drink with Kahlua, coffee ice cream, and caramel syrup! He loved it - thanks for the idea Kaitie!
    How's your tailbone feeling?

Barbara - did you go on your date? How'd it go?!

According to the UPS website, I should have my Power 90 tonight!!! I am so stoked!

Denitchy - how's P90X going?

Have a great day ladies!
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Nykkie, My date...hmmm actually it went "fine". It was lovely. The dinner was great, he was very polite, we "got along" for the evening...but well NO SPARKS!!! Don't get me wrong, my date is a great guy. He is good looking, thoughtul, and pleasant. I really wanted those "sparks to start flying" but oh well.... didn't happen. I did agree to see him again lol!! Am I bad?

Hey did your UPS man arrive? Did you get your Power 90?
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Barbara - I've been on dates like that before. I always felt so bad that I didn't feel anything! I wouldn't feel bad that you agreed to see him again - you never know, you could feel completely different than you did on your 1st date!

The UPS man did arrive much to my relief! :laugh:
    I did my first workout last night and loved it! It had a lot of kickboxing elements in it that I loved and I only had to pause it once. I so can't wait to see my results after the full 90 days!

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Glad everyone had a good Valentine's Day!! Heart shaped pizza, yum!! I'm glad the dessert came out good, Nykkie!! And my tailbone is doing MUCH better, thanks :wink: Almost completely healed up, no doctor visit:bigsmile: ...still cant do certain butt balancing positions in pilates but oh well. How is your new workout going?

Sorry I've been MIA!! I'm still logging, just SUPER busy with school and homework...I feel like I'm drowning in essays.:sad: 17.5 credits at one time is TOO MUCH!!!:ohwell: But, we are moving to NC in June, and if I don't have 30 credits I may not be able to transfer to a university (the community colleges don't offer anthropology, my major) and I don't qualify as a freshman, sooo...gotta suck it up and just do the dang essays.:grumble: :laugh:

Bout to take the puppy for a walk, it's such a nice day, and the hubby and I are going up to musINK, Kat Von D's tat convention, today and we'll be gone alllll day woot!! So excited!! Hoping to get my six shooter piece done finally. Gotta hit up the gym and try to squeeze in the Bikini Body dvd workout, so I better get moving!! I only wanted to run 1 mile yesterday but I ended up doing 2, YEAH!! Hope to do the same today. Have a great weekend girls!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • barbara12
    Options
    H-E-L-L-O-OOOOOOOOOO??? anyone checking in today?
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Hey Barbara, and everyone!
    I've been horrible about checking in here this week...
    Still rockin' the P90 - today is day 7! I'm surprised that I've been able to stick to it for a week already.

Had experienced a gain but it was back down to 155 this morning. I haven't lost in so long, I wonder if I am pretty much done losing. I don't really care what I weigh as long as I get to my goal size - 4/6!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Everyone ran away:cry:

Good for you Nykkie! Stick with it!! :bigsmile:
  • NykkieC
    Options
    I know! Our thread keeps getting smaller and smaller :(
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    this is sad!! knee high boots pretty much fell apart after the holidays, and now even the few of us that stayed on the thread are leaving!!!:sad: