Are you really a size .0008.7? Are you?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ginbookus
    Options
    I find it kind of hard to believe you're a size 4 sometimes and a size 12 others... that's a pretty big gap. I mean I GUESS it's possibly, but really only in rare outliers. I'm a size 16 at the moment and yes, things vary a little bit, but not that much. I can fit into things from 14-20. S M L is a little more flexible. But don't be mad at girls for having a 'size' they generally are. Most people are USUALLY a certain size, with variants occasionally. Right now I'm a "size 16". I know some people have a harder time finding things that fit and maybe they have more different 'size' numbers depending on body shape and build and stuff, but generally I think most people DO fit into one certain size, MOST of the time. So don't be hatin'. :P
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am a size two for pants. Every pair of pants I try on that fit are a size 2. Or 25/26... same thing. Dress size 3(SUPER hard to find, most dresses don't fit right) Blazer size 6. Shirt sm/ex-sm.

SO, I AM a size 2. I have never put on a pair of pants that were any other set size that fit. Not 1, not 4, size 2.

I take an *kitten* load of time when I shop, so I know my sizes.

ALthough my thighs are probably a size 4 from lifting. :laugh:
  • ginbookus
    Options

Also, I highly doubt you wear a 4 some days and then a 12/14 other days... that is a huge difference in size no matter how the clothes are cut. So unless you are getting really fat and then really skinny with in the course of like a day, you should be able to find one size and stick with it.

Just bought a skirt from Ann Taylor Loft this weekend -- size 4. Tried the 8, then the 6, both were big. But sitting here wearing size 10 pants from NYCompany.

Too weird -- everything has to be tried on, stuff isn't standard sadly

This could possibly be because you wear skirts higher on your waist than pants, often times... Just a thought.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    How many people do you have around you gloating about their size that you have actually developed a pet peeve?

Actually yes, mostly people online on modeling forums. You will have people being really snotty about it, gloating that they are a size 1 and therefore they deserve all the jobs and no one who is a size 6 should even dare step in their way. Occasionally, you will get delusional photographers (men usually who have never purchased clothing for a woman) who will list requirements like size 4 or under.

I have no desire to work with these people anyway because ultra thin runway/fashion is not my style, and other than needing to drop about 15 lbs to be at my goal weight, I’m pretty content with my looks. As content as any woman will ever be with her looks, I suppose.

HOWEVER…. A lot of young girls read these boards (MFP and the modeling forums I go to) and are literally starving themselves to get into a size whatever and that makes me sad because sizes have no meaning most of the time.

Holy schnizz, online modeling forums....now THAT is going to be a place where the bullsh!t runs high and thick. I can only imagine. I absolutely love clothes and I love styling and photography, but there's no way in hell I would work in that industry even if I WAS skinny enough. Too many people engaging in the pointless quest for the almight holy grail of the "sample size."

F that!!!!
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Why do you even care if someone is proud to be a "size 2" and so what if their pant size fluctuates, just like yours? Maybe the person who is now a size 0,2,4,6 or whatever has just lost a ton of weight, and feels accomplished, and rightfully so?
  • alohabrie
    Options
    Love the rant!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    So the issue is people claiming to be a size 2 when they also may have a 4 or an 8 in their closet? Do I understand the pet peeve?

I'm a 22 in jeans - all jeans because when you get this big you have limited choices so yes all of my jeans are the same size. If I get a pair of size 2 jeans on me, buttoned and I can breathe you bet your butt I will be telling anyone who can listen that I'm a 2! Single digit 2! I'll happily be part of the group that annoys you - sorry.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Depends where you shop on a regular basis. Cheaper clothing brands dont keep their sizes consistant
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

Holy schnizz, online modeling forums....now THAT is going to be a place where the bullsh!t runs high and thick. I can only imagine.

I was thinking, "Of all the time-wasting things." I'll bet 90% of the members are wannabes.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I don't get why women need a different size system from the rest of world. What's wrong with inches/centimetres/etc? :)

Because that would make too much sense. And designers would lose money. We all know that the more you pay for your clothes, the smaller size you fit into. When I was a size 16 in walmart jeans, I paid twice as much for a pair of Geoffrey Beene pants, simply because they were a size 8, and I hadn't fit in single digits in years.

I saw an article once that compared size 8 jeans in different brands. The waist sizes ranges from 24" at the discount stores, to 36" on the higher end designer jeans. 12 inches difference. So no, a size 8 does not always equal a size 8.

Also, over time, sizes have changed.My super skinny daughter wore a size zero American Eagle jean in HS. Size zero did not exist when I was in HS. One day she was going thru a box of some stuff I had saved from HS and found a pair of bell bottoms and they fit her! They were a size 7. Guess I wasn't near as fat as I thought I was in HS.

I think girls jeans should be sized by waist/hip measurements. So much less confusion.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am generally a size 8, but I have size 6 skirts and dresses that fit and size 10 jeans that fit. I also have a pair of size 8 slim cut jeans that fit me bigger than some size 10 Levi's I love...and the Levi's make me look smaller! Just depends on what it is. Tops seem to be a universal medium on me.

I have a pair of black shorts, size 8, that I gauge myself by. IF they are getting tight, I need to focus. If they are ok, I am ok. They have never been loose, so no worries there.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I don't call it bragging if asked what size I wear. I call it answering honestly. I wear a size 2 and could probably wear size 0. At this point, I definitely cannot fit into a size 4, 6, 8, etc. Prior to losing my body fat and gaining weight, I was a size 6, though. So, yes, I really am a size 2. And, yes, I am healthy.
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 20ish right now... I have a pair of pants by some weird manufactorer that's a size 8. So yeah.. I'm a size 8 lol
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I bought a size XS dress from Juniors Department which i'm loving. I'm usually a small so if asked I'd say Juniors Small. Almost all of non-junior clothes are a 2 or 4, therefore yes, when people ask what size i am now I do say 2 or 4, juniors Small, and kids 12/14. I worked quite hard to go from a women's 14+ to a kids 12/14 so when asked, yes I will gladly share and not lie.
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    but you also probably fit perfectly into a bunch of clothes that are a size “oh my god, I need to stop eating cookies”.

ROFL - thank you so much for this. Finally I know what the heck size I am! "oh my god, I need to stop eating cookies" size!!!