Free Weights Vs Machines? Holy crap!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    (Totally off-topic: How do you carry grapes with you when you run without squishing them? If they're in a baggie, how do you attach that to yourself?)

Jacket pockets in colder weather and a running belt (I have a polka-dotted SPIbelt) in warmer weather. :wink:
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to have to start shopping for a SPIbelt! I'm in Houston, so "colder weather" is only really a factor for about 30-60 days of the year :laugh:
  • lauracljc
    Options
    You are my hero! I love free weights!!!
  • starsuper12
    starsuper12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!! Giving me one more reason to do my workouts at home instead of at the gym - time and money!!
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm going to print off your pics and use them as inspiration, or is that too weird?...it probably is.... Maybe I shouldn't have said any thing!!
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, you are my MFP Hero :love:

So now that you're working out at home, what's your routine? How much weight are you using?
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I :heart: every post you make.

And here I thought you couldn't look any better than you already did, and then you go and prove me wrong.
  • jamface11
    Options
    Holy moly! Look at that waist shrink. You amaze me every time I see you on the forums, great work being a motivation to everyone :)
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    you looked amazing before and you look even more amazinger after. Keep up the great work!
  • kimama01
    kimama01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap is RIGHT!!!! You look amazing and I need to get to sears STAT!!! No, but really, you inspire me. Thanks for sharing.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Wow!!! I just started getting really serious with my strength training and I prefer free weights over the machines. You are an inspiration to me! Way to go!
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bookmark
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    As someone else above me said, every time I think, "Wow, she has the best body now!" you go and make it even more awesome, lol :-D You are definitely an inspiration, I have followed your progress pics and posts since I started in June of 2011. Great job!!! My trainer has me do mostly free weights, but some of the leg machines -- for leg extension, for example, he will have me do:

15 reps at 75 pounds (first set)
    12 reps 90 pounds (second set)
    8 reps 105 pounds (third set)

Something like that. I don't know what that is called, something like triangling? Ouchie, is all I have to say ;)
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...you've lost inches EVERYWHERE! Perfect proof that women don't get bulky!!!
    ^^^^^^ This^^^^^

And you look awesome well done!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! 2 months made a world of difference. Great work!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, especially for such a short period of time. Way to prove everything that we believe about female lifters to be true. :)

As an aside: Planet Fitness is the most godawful gym in existence. Their lunk alarm is above OSHA noise tolerances, and can only get away with it because the employees go to a different part of the building or put on hearing protection when it is sounded. Shows you how much they think of their customers, yet people keep going back.
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am now going to add some serious strength training to my routine! You look awesome!
  • erikapereira
    Options
    you look ffreakin awesome!