What did you want to be when you grew up?

Options

Replies

• knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a princess or a cop. Now i'm grown and i'm neither. I'm a Queen ( only of my house LOL) and a 911 telecommunicator. Now i get to tell the cops where to go! I think things turned out ok. lol
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to be some type of detective or investigator, as far back as I can imagine.
    I was in sales for a while, now I'm working on becoming a lawyer. I'm hoping maybe my real job after I pass the bar will involve some investigation at least.
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    i wanted to be a unicorn or a janitor (so i would have all the keys to the school).

i'm now an investment banker which is pretty similar to a unicorn i think.

i like my job but am considering getting another degree in physics as a hobby. so i guess something in that field if i had to pick something else. maybe one of the engineers that 'drive' the mars rover :).

A unicorn? HAHA So funny.
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What did you want to be when you grew up? RICH

What do you do now? WORK FOR THE MAN. I guess I didn't make it.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    An astronaut. Or an Explorer/ Adventurer. As I "grew up" I wanted to become a novelist. I became an errant scientist. Juries still out on the Explorer and novelist part.
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Always always always wanted to be a professional baseball player! still go! ha!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Wanted to be a Marine Biologist. Now I work at a bank..Now I would like to be an artist, but that doesn't pay the bills till you die ;)
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    When I was young, I couldn't decide between ballerina or heart surgeon.

Now, I do billing at an independent medical laboratory.

I WILL be a published author someday!!! :bigsmile:
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Growing up I had no real goals but, I did want to be a fashion designer or a female drummer in an 80s hair band...never learned to play drums.

I grew up and worked in factories and at one time had my CNA, so I tell my daughter to get a good education so you can be what you really want to be and maybe own your own bussiness.

I wish I would of been given some motivation as a kid. I should of been a physical therapist.

Now I am a SAHM and wife, still with no goals. :(
  • cjgillespie
    cjgillespie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As a kid I was told by my mom to be an opera singer, by my teachers to be a doctor, and I just wanted to be an artist.

Now I'm a mother with my own baking business (sugarmama's) and I will start tattooing full time within the next year.

I wouldn't change a thing. Although I would like to study neurosurgery.
  • cjgillespie
    cjgillespie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh! And I wanted to be a member of the bangles. Still do.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a judge.

Now Im a senior designer in mobile units

I would like to be finacialy free:sad:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    WHEN I grow up, I want to be the driver of the karma bus. :drinker:
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Paleontologist

From about 6 years old till I was 14, when I realized no one gets rich digging up fossils, lol
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    First it was a Veterinarian, then a Baseball player and then a Fire Fighter.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Actress

Writer and Business woman

Actress and Producer
  • Linda09189
    Options
    wouldn't it be nice if one site on the internet was exactly a site about what it's suppose to be about, not just SEX, this if about food, excercise, how to reach your goal.....NOT what do you want to be when you grow up, who cares !!!! I doubt one person can really answer that question truthly, your goals change every single day......let's just try to support each other with losing weight....
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    wouldn't it be nice if one site on the internet was exactly a site about what it's suppose to be about, not just SEX, this if about food, excercise, how to reach your goal.....NOT what do you want to be when you grow up, who cares !!!! I doubt one person can really answer that question truthly, your goals change every single day......let's just try to support each other with losing weight....

Allow me to introduce you to the "CHIT-CHAT, FUN, AND GAMES" section....:noway:
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a vet.

I am a pet food nutrionist at Petsmart now.

I plan on going to school to be a paralegal in the soon future.
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    AGREED Dancerlover08. Need to have some occasional fun to break up the monotony.

Wanted to be a PILOT. Ended up a Coroner / Anthropologist.