40 Something - Need to lose 50lbs - Need some buddies!

Options

Replies

• happyukrainian
    Options
    I'm trying to loose 20-25 lbs.Even 10 would be great at this point.Feel free to add me.WE CAN DO IT!!!:smile:
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. I have struggled over and over again. I'm tired of fighting. Some days I just want to say "to heck with it" and be fat, but I know that's not a good idea. I need to refocus (again) and get this weight off before it causes permanent long-term damage to my physical body. I'm looking at 60-70 pounds too. I'd be really psyched with 50 (I haven't seen that since college), but all the weight charts say 60-70. We'll see how far I get. I keep getting stuck at between 5-10. Crazy!

Deb
  • deblittlejohn
    deblittlejohn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have never posted on message boards,but I think that is what I need.Other people to help motivate me.I did myfitness last yr and lost 20 pds over several months,so I know it works.I quit logging in because I got to a comfortable place with my weight,even though I still need to lose 20 more pounds.I am back to try to lose the last 20.I am a avid exercise person.I hit the gym 4-5 times a week at 6am.I run 3 miles 3 times a week and walk 4 miles 3 times a week after work.(I just ran my second 5k and both times finished around 32 mins.)Exercise is not a problem for me,so here I am.Going back to what I know works..good luck to all.
  • RobsGirl73
    RobsGirl73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and I am working on 50 lbs too, so welcome and good luck. Feel free to ad me
  • RobsGirl73
    RobsGirl73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Omg I feel your pain, as we get older it is harder. It amazes me because we are so busy with our lives but don't lose weight with alll the running we do. Good luck Chica!
  • Auntzip
    Auntzip Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Come join the "Forty Isn't Fatal" group. :- )
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and am 50lbs from goal weight.. well my first adjusted goal weight. Add me if you are looking for support!!
  • sunflowerjude
    Options
    Hi, I'm 3 weeks into mfp, 75 lbs to lose, 47 yrs old, so far so good, u can add me if you like :)
  • somervilleshar
    somervilleshar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty,

I would be happy if you added me as a friend. I do eat when I am bored. Try to take food to work that you have planned out for the day. It's easy to look in a drawer and grab a snack. Read labels, not the % of saturated fats etc. but what is actually in the food you eat. Lots of food has sugar added to it. Sugar is like cocain. It is highly addictive and is in most processed food items. The best thing is to make your meals and snacks from more natural items. Bake a chicken breast and add it to a salad, make your own salad dressings and the best thing to do is measure what you eat. We have been trained to eat larger amounts than we should. Good luck with your journey. You can do it with a little help from your friends.
  • pickthingsup
    pickthingsup Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • dewell2
    dewell2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Patty. I am also in the 40 group. I would be happy to offer encouragment. I reached my goal this past April of losing 50 lbs and am now maintaining. Feel free to add me add.
  • paulatomaszewski1970
    Options
    I work constant night shift and I'm starting my diet on Monday, I'd be happy to offer my support ! I want to lose about 30 pounds so I could also do with some help, you can add me because up to now, I've been doing this on my own and haven't managed very well :-/
  • tmuster
    Options
    was we get older its much harder to lose. I have to work twice as hard as well because I have been overweight most of my life. Its all worth the effort though. Wish u much luck. Add if u like.
  • yoyogirl68
    Options
    Hi there, I am in Australia so not sure about the weight conversion exactly, but I need to lose between 25-30kg, which is about 50-60 pounds and need some support too.

I am 44, a single mum to teenager, work full time and don't really have much time for myself. I've got this fat because I broke up with my husband and ate my feelings. Every night, chocolate, wine, crackers and dip, whatever I could find in the cupboards really... Not good.

Now I have a new job, and walk to the train for commute every day - so I am walking about 40 minutes every day. If I could stop the night binge I would probably lose a kilo a week without even trying!!

I have registered to start an 8 week challenge on Monday. My daughter took photos of me with the newspaper (not pretty) and I was horrifed to see them. But sometimes a kick in the face is just what is needed - so I am ready to start on Monday!! I'm going to ease into it over the weekend :)

Anyway, good luck to all and I would be happy to join a group of 40-somethings with 25+ kg to lose.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I hope to see less of you next time!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome, and feel free to add me. I'm from Brazil, living in MO for the last 25 years. I got a lot of weight left to loose too.
  • searolex
    Options
    I stated in August and need to loose 40llbs, 7 gone so far and 4" off my fat waist. Still size 16+ but getting thiner.
    Add me as a friend.
  • yoyogirl68
    Options
    Kerbylyn I am an emotional eater too. But you know, it's not doing us any favours!!
    I was eating my feelings... loneliness etc. But all that happens is that you get more lonely! Chocolate is not my friend, and in fact is my arteries enemy.
    So it's time to get ANGRY at chocolate and use it to our advantage.
    Baby steps, one day at a time..
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. I have struggled over and over again. I'm tired of fighting. Some days I just want to say "to heck with it" and be fat, but I know that's not a good idea. I need to refocus (again) and get this weight off before it causes permanent long-term damage to my physical body. I'm looking at 60-70 pounds too. I'd be really psyched with 50 (I haven't seen that since college), but all the weight charts say 60-70. We'll see how far I get. I keep getting stuck at between 5-10. Crazy!

Deb

I just wanted to add, I've broken through the 10 pound mark (finally!) an am well on my way to 20! So it can definitely happen. Keep going, and just don't give up. I believe this really has to be a lifestyle change, not just a temporary diet. Good luck!
  • charliecat
    Options
    I need to lose 65-70. I am 44, 5'8". I need to buddy-up too. Add me if you'd like :)
  • Milyenair
    Options
    Just started with My Fitness Pal, it was referred by a friend. I was told there was a supporting community of wonderful people here so I thought I would give it a shot. I Love meeting new motivated & inspired people. I will do my best to help motivate in return. I accept all friend request as long as you are not spam and are actively using MFP. Blessings with Success Always!