Poll: Bullying on MFP

Options
chivalryder
chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
Would you consider it bullying if you deleted someone from your FL who clearly had an ED, then made a post about it on your wall (which is private so she couldn't see the post)?

I see it all the time, and someone was just accused of bullying by doing so.

Replies

• LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    No.
  • malicent
    Options
    Lol, that's such a weak move though. Why delete them then talk smack? Just post on your wall what you want to say. Let them read it. HAHA. Bullies bullies everywhere BULLIES AND TROLLS BULLIES AND TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TROLLS!!!!!!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Im a 6ft male that trains to fight...

Im not worried about bullies... Im worried I AM the bully...

also, I would like your lunch money.
  • AbigailClarke1948
    Options
    Don't think it's bullying. Just middle-schoolish and mean.
    By the way - what's ED?
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Eating disorder.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Eating disorder.

Which promoting on MFP is against the guidelines.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    That's bullying?

There's a lot more sissies on this site than I originally thought.

I deleted a girl for this reason. I tried to help her. I privately messaged her and asked her why her GOAL for September was to eat 800 calories or less a day. She probably has my figure, so I'm sure there's some psychological issue behind this. So I removed her and said when she ACTUALLY starts eating more that she's welcome to be my friend again.

She re-added me three weeks later and it was the same BS. I finally had to just block her. It's very sad.

Bullying would be if I posted on my wall FIRST about how I think she's a fata$$ and should only eat 500 calories a day, while letting all my MFP friends gang up on her. So no, I don't think deleting is bullying.
  • HockeyFan1987
    Options
    My favorites are when people post in a topic that somebody posts in or creates then not even a minute later update their status to reflect an indirect message toward the other person in a derogatory fashion insinuating that they aren't here for help but for several different reasons. I thought we were all here to help each other and seek information and opinions from everyone, not just a specific group of people.... again, that's just my opinion, but I always thought that's what mfp was about.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Im a 6ft male that trains to fight...

Im not worried about bullies... Im worried I AM the bully...

also, I would like your lunch money.
    again? Darn it, this is 3 days in a row now....
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

Thats what I thought. hahaha
  • HockeyFan1987
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

ED on this site is an Eating Disorder, get your mind outta the gutter man
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

stop bullying him :tongue: :wink:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5zyxv9atq1rsr3tdo1_r1_500.gif
  • HockeyFan1987
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

I ain't bullying anybody, I'm simply stating a fact of the site and that Erectile Dysfunction is something of a sexual nature, not anywhere close to related to one's fitness, it is a sexual medical condition.
  • snipalicous
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

lmao
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    philosoraptor-meme-generator-is-antibullying-bullying-bullies-e03c31.jpg
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My favorites are when people post in a topic that somebody posts in or creates then not even a minute later update their status to reflect an indirect message toward the other person in a derogatory fashion insinuating that they aren't here for help but for several different reasons. I thought we were all here to help each other and seek information and opinions from everyone, not just a specific group of people.... again, that's just my opinion, but I always thought that's what mfp was about.

Rofl. I like it when someone posts about that someone thinking they won't ever see it.
  • HockeyFan1987
    Options

Rofl. I like it when someone posts about that someone thinking they won't ever see it.

As stated on my status, it was not directly pointed at you or anybody else as I have also seen this on several occasions on here already. If it was about anybody in particular, I would post a name. I'm not afraid to do so
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It's not really bullying, but it's not really the poster's business to make the person's issues everybody else's business either. I would call it in poor taste.