Poll: Bullying on MFP

Options

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My favorites are when people post in a topic that somebody posts in or creates then not even a minute later update their status to reflect an indirect message toward the other person in a derogatory fashion insinuating that they aren't here for help but for several different reasons. I thought we were all here to help each other and seek information and opinions from everyone, not just a specific group of people.... again, that's just my opinion, but I always thought that's what mfp was about.

Rofl. I like it when someone posts about that someone thinking they won't ever see it.

As stated on my status, it was not directly pointed at you or anybody else as I have also seen this on several occasions on here already. If it was about anybody in particular, I would post a name. I'm not afraid to do so

Coulda fooled me.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

ED on this site is an Eating Disorder, get your mind outta the gutter man

That's where you think the gutter is? Woah guy, you're not going to last long on these forums...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Im a 6ft male that trains to fight...

Im not worried about bullies... Im worried I AM the bully...

also, I would like your lunch money.
    again? Darn it, this is 3 days in a row now....

well, I wouldnt be able to get away with it, but your hands are always full of tires.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I talk smack on my *private* wall so I don't get banned from the forums or say something really mean I'll regret later. Gotta have an outlet. And no, it's not bullying. Bullying was when when I got slammed into lockers and got the *kitten* beat out of me for "dressing differently" in high school.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

That's where you think the gutter is? Woah guy, you're not going to last long on these forums...

^^Amen to this.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    philosoraptor-meme-generator-is-antibullying-bullying-bullies-e03c31.jpg

^^^ This
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    also, I would like your lunch money.

You're very polite for a bully.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's bullying because they can't see it. But it's sure a D move.

So many people here love to shun/pick on people with eating disorders. It's crap really.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    no no outright bullying is choosing to delete someone with an ED .

then posting on the forum that you did

and then putting those people down ...... thats bullying (and yes this has happened before)

putting whatever on your PRIVATE wall to me is fine..... if people view that as bullying .... then they can delete said person

nothing we can do about asshats in the forums tho now can we?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    They can't see it, so it's not bullying.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

stop bullying him :tongue: :wink:

I ain't bullying anybody, I'm simply stating a fact of the site and that Erectile Dysfunction is something of a sexual nature, not anywhere close to related to one's fitness, it is a sexual medical condition.

YOu seem like a fun person.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    No - not directly as s/he was not able to see it.

No need to be mean, just delete and move on
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    No, I think it's weak sauce, but not bullying.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    So, there's a unanimous agreement that it's not bullying?

I guess some people just a stick up their butt about certain things in life and like to blow it all out of proportion.

Oh, and I don't have any lunch money. You'll need to ask the other dork down the hall.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Nope
    You get to decide who your friends are its not bullying to delet4e anyone

The term "bullying" is SO over used.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think the word bullying is overused.

I was being friended by a lot of people with ED's. I don't know if its because I'm small so they thought I had one too or what. It got to be frustrating. And sometimes I deleted them but I never posted anything about it on my wall. I have seen others do that also and I feel like they were just venting. Of course the ones that I saw do it did not use the person's username in their post. I think that is wrong. Still not sure I would call it bullying though.

Bullying is when you try to intimidate someone who is weaker. If the person vented on their own wall about it, doesnt sound like they were trying to be intimidating to the other person.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    By the way - what's ED?

Erectile dysfunction?

stop bullying him :tongue: :wink:

I ain't bullying anybody, I'm simply stating a fact of the site and that Erectile Dysfunction is something of a sexual nature, not anywhere close to related to one's fitness, it is a sexual medical condition.

YOu seem like a fun person.

He isn't. Promise. (Is this bullying? Rofl)
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Why post on your wall? Just delete if having ED friends is out of bounds for you.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider it bullying to delete somebody, but why bother saying something on the wall..no matter if its seen by this person or not
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    YAYUH!!! :drinker: