10 Pounds for Halloween!

Options

Replies

• ukredhead19
    Options
    Start Weight: 198.8
    09/17 196.8
    09/24 194.8 (woohoo!) I don't know how but i'm losing exactly 2 lbs a week....lets hope it keeps up!
    10/01
    10/08
    10/15
    10/22
    10/28
    10/31
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    So quick question, are you guys exercising every day and keeping your calories where they should be?
    I wonder if I do extra workouts (besides from the Body Revolution) and still eat my regular calorie allowance (without the workout cals) I would lose more weigth? I don't want to overdo it for nothing but at the same time I soooo want to hit this goal - what do you guys think?

I have read that it is 80% what you eat vs. 20% exercise. Meaning that your intake has much more to do with your weight loss then exercise. Don't think I am putting down exercise it is a must to keep you moving and strong. It is just hard to try to eat a doughnut and then exercise it off, and then think like that for every snack or meal.
    this is just my opinion and what I have read.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    funny. i have been 168lbs for a really loooooooooooooooong time now but have never bothered to update my sticker which was stuck at 171lbs because i was too lazy to go and change it. just seeing it updated from 9 to 12lbs lost has given me a big boost :happy:

i'll just go with that...
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will post weight after weigh in tomorrow!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    SW-238
    GW-228
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Im in! Might not make it to 10 though and don't want to.be disappointed so I'll go for 5!
    Sw:158
    Cw:142
    Halloween: 137
    Christmas:132

em xx

5 sounds like a healthy amount in that time frame. Both for the physical and mental aspect of it. Way to think it through!!!!
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!

CW: 133
    GW: 123

LET'S DO IT! (:
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    CW:125
    GW: 115
  • Ashley3213
    Ashley3213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is a great board! My goal is to hit my goal weight by Thanksgiving so since Halloween is about a month before, here are my goals:

CW- 172
    Halloween Goal- 159
    Thanksgiving- 145

Good luck everyone!
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Current weight:194

Halloween weight 184
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'll join in on this challenge! I just started back to MFP today after taking some time off and getting very discouraged becuase I've gained back some weight. I was looking thru message boards all morning for some motivation and think this is it. Halloween/Fall is my favorite season so this will be fun!

CW = 154
    GW = 147 (by Halloween)
    Ultimate GW = 135
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I haven't been weighing in regularly, but I joined in a bit late and set my goal as 8 pounds by halloween, and I'm already down 6! So I may end up doing 10 after all!
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    For most people, Halloween means dressing up and going to a party with your friends. Whether your 20 or 50, you still want to feel good in your Halloween costume. Now for me, I will be going to Disney World and Universal Studios for Halloween this year, and I would love to look good for my trip! This DB will help motivate us to lose weight for Halloween!

My current weight: 150
    Halloween Goal: 140

There are 57 days left until Halloween, so I figure 10 pounds is a good realistic goal.

Start off by your current weight and your Halloween Goal.

Our next weigh-in day will be Sept 10th.

YAY im soooo in!! And i will be adding a bunch of you as friends so we can keep each other on track!

SW: 146
    GW: 136
  • mojolo7
    mojolo7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in days aren't weekly and don't have a regular schedule, so I missed Monday's update. Here's my info from today's weigh-in:

Weigh-in Day!!

Challenge Start Weight (9/4): 141.6 lbs
    Halloween Goal Weight: 131 lbs
    9-17: 138.8
    9-27: 136.8
    10-2:
    10-8:
    10-15:
    10-22:
    10-29:
    10-31:
    TOTAL: 4.8 pounds lost
  • BelieveInMe27
    BelieveInMe27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm in!(:
    CW: 267
    GW: 257

Feel free to add me(:
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    9/14 161.4
    9/21 160.7
    9/28 158.5

GW for Halloween 151
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    So quick question, are you guys exercising every day and keeping your calories where they should be?
    I wonder if I do extra workouts (besides from the Body Revolution) and still eat my regular calorie allowance (without the workout cals) I would lose more weigth? I don't want to overdo it for nothing but at the same time I soooo want to hit this goal - what do you guys think?

I have read that it is 80% what you eat vs. 20% exercise. Meaning that your intake has much more to do with your weight loss then exercise. Don't think I am putting down exercise it is a must to keep you moving and strong. It is just hard to try to eat a doughnut and then exercise it off, and then think like that for every snack or meal.
    this is just my opinion and what I have read.

Hi! Thank you for the comment. I'm trying to keep my diary within my allowances and try to eat as healthy as I can, I just thought of doing extra workouts might help....on the other side, I don't have much time in the day to do 2 workouts so for now I'm sticking to my BR. I'll see how I finish the program and decide what to do next.
    My weight in is this Monday....I set a goal of 2lbs a week...don't know, maybe I did it, maybe not; regardless I'm happy with my overall progress!
    Thanks!!
  • tls723
    Options
    New to MFP and to challenges... Probably can't do 10 by Halloween... but I'm going to set an idealistic goal of 8 and a more realistic goal of 5!

SW: 170
    CW: 170
    GW: 162-165

Hopefully checking this board will provide the inspiration to keep with it!!
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in

Halfway!!
    SW 299
    CW 294
    GW 289
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late joining in but I've had a bad week and I need a little extra motivation. Not sure I have anywhere to go, but I'm thinking of a sexy-snow-white costume! 10lbs is too much for me to lose in a month, so I'll go for 6.

Current weight: 179lbs
    Goal for Hallowe'en: 173 lbs.