5"0' Ladies Please Show Share Your Success

Options
Hi Ladies! :smile: I'm 5"0' and currently weigh 196lbs my starting weight from MFP was 200.. Can you pretty please show off your before/after picture and tips for food and exercise aswell to motivate me and others that need it! Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for replies as I am only 4'11 and I want to see the women our height show off some weight loss :)
  • Chaparra326
    Chaparra326 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Look forward to seeing results too.I am 5'1 and just started 3 days ago so hoping to get some advice on how i can shed some pounds :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1. I don't know how to post pics but i have before/after in my profile.

SW: 141
    CW: 115

I did a lot of experimenting with calories and macros... i made tons of mistakes until i found what worked for me. My advice would be to hang in there and keep pushing on. Stay within your caloric limits, try to venture out into new healthy foods and exercises.

Good luck!
  • MerraH89
    Options
    thanks for the tips and you look great! i wish i can be 115 someday but thats nearly impossible...
    i try to stay within my caloric limits and i try not to eat back my calories after i exercise :smile:
  • MerraH89
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1. I don't know how to post pics but i have before/after in my profile.

SW: 141
    CW: 115

I did a lot of experimenting with calories and macros... i made tons of mistakes until i found what worked for me. My advice would be to hang in there and keep pushing on. Stay within your caloric limits, try to venture out into new healthy foods and exercises.

Good luck!

thanks for the tips and you look great! i wish i can be 115 someday but thats nearly impossible...
    i try to stay within my caloric limits and i try not to eat back my calories after i exercise :smile:
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures yet and I'm no where near done but I'm 5'1" and I started on MFP at 181. In 7 weeks I lost 14lbs so I'm down to 167 now. My next goal is 160 then from there I will see... maybe 149 just so I can say I broke the 140's. ;) I did it by eating a low calorie diet with few carbs, a lot of vegetable and healthy substitutions for foods I love. I also try to do 40-60 minutes of cardio as many days a week as I can (usually 4-6 days). I also don't beat myself up when I get over my calories by a small amount. I know this is about a life style change and it will not happen over night so I will make mistakes a long the way.

I keep telling everyone if I can do this so can you because I am really lazy and hardly ever stick to anything so a person who is supermotivated will have no problem dropping the weight!

Good luck!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"0" (according to my doctor's visit last week), always claimed 5"1". My starting weight in January was 230 lbs. I'm currently at 163 lbs. I still have a ways to go to reach my ultimate goal. But I'm happy with what I've accomplished so far. I haven't been at this size in almost 15 years.

Here are the things that have helped me along the way.

1. Educate myself. I constantly read about nutrition and fitness to learn information that will not only help me to reach my goal, but help me to maintain it for a lifetime.
    2. Set a goal and make a plan to reach your goal. I love this saying, "If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail."
    3. Have a support system. MFP has been great for this.
    4. Exercise at least 30 minutes 4-5 days a week. I started out doing this the first couple of months and it worked for me. Then I increased to 45 min - 1 hour for 5-6 days a week. Some days I even do 2 hours! It's addictive! Make sure you do have some rest days to help your muscles recover, I learned that the hard way.
    5. Drink plenty of water. I struggle with this, but I try to have at least 8 cups a day.
    6. Healthy eating. I generally have 3 meals and 2 snacks each day for a total of 1200-1300 calories. I have a "cheat" meal on weekends. I also increase calorie intake on days when I burn a lot of calories. I try to keep processed food to a minimun and eat a lot of fresh/frozen veggies, fruits, and lean meats. I limit my carb intake from white starches (rice, pasta bread) and instead when I have carbs I have whole grains.

I hope this can help you some.

Redpics.jpg
    20to10pic1.jpg
  • MerraH89
    Options
    I'm 5"0" (according to my doctor's visit last week), always claimed 5"1". My starting weight in January was 230 lbs. I'm currently at 163 lbs. I still have a ways to go to reach my ultimate goal. But I'm happy with what I've accomplished so far. I haven't been at this size in almost 15 years.

Here are the things that have helped me along the way.

1. Educate myself. I constantly read about nutrition and fitness to learn information that will not only help me to reach my goal, but help me to maintain it for a lifetime.
    2. Set a goal and make a plan to reach your goal. I love this saying, "If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail."
    3. Have a support system. MFP has been great for this.
    4. Exercise at least 30 minutes 4-5 days a week. I started out doing this the first couple of months and it worked for me. Then I increased to 45 min - 1 hour for 5-6 days a week. Some days I even do 2 hours! It's addictive! Make sure you do have some rest days to help your muscles recover, I learned that the hard way.
    5. Drink plenty of water. I struggle with this, but I try to have at least 8 cups a day.
    6. Healthy eating. I generally have 3 meals and 2 snacks each day for a total of 1200-1300 calories. I have a "cheat" meal on weekends. I also increase calorie intake on days when I burn a lot of calories. I try to keep processed food to a minimun and eat a lot of fresh/frozen veggies, fruits, and lean meats. I limit my carb intake from white starches (rice, pasta bread) and instead when I have carbs I have whole grains.

I hope this can help you some.

Redpics.jpg
    20to10pic1.jpg

Wow you look great!!! Thanks for the tips! :) I hope to be at least around 180-170lbs and ill be ok... I'm going to add you as a friend! :smile:
  • jhall1255
    jhall1255 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hhhiii guys.

im 5'3 i started at 223 and am at 194 atm. so ive lost 30 lbs i only lost 20 of it on mfp so far the other 10 was on weight watchers.
    right now thought im focusing on weight lifting and doing the 30 day shred dvd to really just tone up ive been 194 for a while... so i have to change some things around with my body.

my goal is 165 though.

progresssofar-1.png
  • xokpichintexo
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am 5'0 shorty I know!
    I use to weigh 150 i dont have any pictures i hate pictures so now i cant show before and after. Now i weight 115 :smile: feels great never thought i could but it was hard being short and trying to lose lb is a challenge but just stick it out an you can do it:heart:
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no photos of me but I'm finding it relatively easy to lose weight. I'm logging ALL my food, do some exercises 3 to 4 times a week, and most importantly of all, I eat back my exercise calories. Why? Because I want to lose my weight PERMANENTLY, and not gain it all back again later.

If you don't know about BMR, TDEE etc., read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12. The most important information if you want to permanently lose weight in a healthy way.

In short, find out your TDEE, set your net calories to about 15 to 20% below your TDEE - and enjoy life! :)
  • mariafoutz
    mariafoutz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5" 0' as well (vertically challenged I know) I weigh 145 or 150. I am an amateur photographer, so I don't have many pictures of myself (other than my profile picture).
    I would love to loose 20 lbs. I am older (54) so I don't know how I would end up looking after the weight comes off...I guess I'll play it by ear, haha
    You seem young, so just go for it! You'll do it!
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Woohooo shorties!! :D I'm 5 feet solid, just like my sister and most of my friends. I'm on the road to 110, and I have 14 pounds left to go! :D I can't wait to show you guys my before and after pics. <3
  • Adriap123
    Options
    I don't do pics well. I am 5'2" and I started 3 months ago at 163 lbs. Today I am 149.5 and I bought new clothes from a size 12 to 8. One of the things I have done is cut out wheat from my diet. After some reading I learned that North American wheat is mostly a filler and has very little nutritional benefit. I started using alternative flour and pasta such as rice & quinoa and its been great! I'm feeling good about the weight loss and it motivates me to stick to the plan. I wish you all success!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft0, starting weight 204lbs, 10 weeks later and I've lost 26lbs, currently 178ish (I weigh/record Mondays), no after photos yet. Took some "befores" at 190ish, will do next set at 170ish.
    I do cardio when I can, and some free weights, I want my body muscular, =). Goal weight currently 120lbs, then I'll reassess.
    I would love to be back at 100lbs, but that was before having 5 children, lol!
  • amber82185
    Options
    you ladies look outstanding!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" . I do not know if I am a success story in the strick sens of the word because I lost my weight over a 2 years period. It wasquire slow but it made it possible for me to build a strong metabolism and iI can now eat 1700 calories and still lose weight.

11614737_7941.jpg
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall, joined MFP in January, when my 2nd baby(delivered via repeat c-section) was 6 weeks, & have lost 65lbs (11lbs of it was pregnancy weight).

Night before Indelivered: 211
    Early March, 6 weeks into MFP: about 170
    [img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/419a78fefbb11caf547e4457453d9ee1.jpg[/img]

During: 139, size 8-10.
    126, size 4
    [img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/1771e74b60c9d7d1773fb239eaf6cf7b.jpg[/img]

Almost there:
    1st half of pic: 117lbs, size 2
    GOAL: 110lbs, size 00/0
    I use this picture because those last 7lbs made a good difference on us shorties!

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/87a71eda7f33c1035ff211648c139869.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/5d3a99dd94f9c170073aa69257dfe79b.jpg[/img]
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can't wait to read and see their progress either..I am 5'1
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump because I am 4'11".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!