Cheap date.

Options

Replies

• AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is a great time of year for fall activities. Corn mazes seem "corny" (lol) but they are a lot of fun. A lot of places let you go through the maze for free or charge next to nothing for it.

Corn maze followed by a picnic or low priced dinner at a restaurant could be a great choice.
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sizzle PM'd me and apologized. All is forgiven. Cut her a little slack.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Go pumpkin picking and carve jack-o-lanterns!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Ok I apologize. But if you're THAT broke, what do you think you can bring to this table at this point? Why not wait until you're more on your feet to date?

I bet you married an old wealthy guy and are just waiting for him to die.

Yes. The arsenic I give him daily in his oatmeal should kick in soon. Although he sees the doctor I am a nurse for so she is prolonging things. :grumble:
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Before you ask her out, have a conversation with her or two and get a feel for what she enjoys doing. Try to use that info to plan a date that she'll enjoy.

Some other options are to check your area for pubs or coffee houses that have open mic night or free live music. It's better if it's unplugged so it's not so loud for you to talk. Not sure about your area, but bowling my Houston has gotten stupidly expensive. Maybe it's just the lanes I went to, I don't go often. Many pubs have dart boards which are free. Some place to sit, have a drink outdoors over looking the water is always nice.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Great idea :)! A decent, but not too expensive bottle of wine, and you are in business!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    A very young guy living with his parents finishing school between jobs (jobless) with no funds. Sounds like a stressful situation once she falls for you.

Holy crap dude, he's 21 years old. Do you think that broke college students don't date? Try not to project your issues onto whatever girl this dude is trying to bang. If this sort of thing were never allowed, half of us would probably have never been born.

Ummm... ignore that last argument, now that I think about it.

Edit: just saw this:
    Again, sorry. We are all different ages around here so it's easy to not understand/remember situations right away. (especially when you're old and senile like me) ;)

Oh. Ok. Never mind. And to the young buck trying to get his game on - even old guys like me are probably not going to shell out $50 on a first date. Honestly, these types of things work much better with something casual like coffee, walking around a park, or whatever. Going all out on a very first date tends to come off as weird and desperate.

And I TOTALLY agree....no one should spend $50 on a first date. I was just thinking of the future if they hit it off. But again, it's easy to forget being in that stage.You're climbing together.
  • sizzle92
    Options

Great idea :)! A decent, but not too expensive bottle of wine, and you are in business!

Our favorite wine is Barefoot Pinot Grigio and is about $3-$5 :)
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Look online there are coupons for resteraunts and sometimes you can get free items. If you want to go to a movie go when it is cheaper during the daytime. I think everyone has been broke at some point in their lives and its ok you will be back on your feet soon but a real person wont worry about any of that.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ok I apologize. But if you're THAT broke, what do you think you can bring to this table at this point? Why not wait until you're more on your feet to date?

Yes. The arsenic I give him daily in his oatmeal should kick in soon. Although he sees the doctor I am a nurse for so she is prolonging things. :grumble:

Great response. Lol. I watched Deadly Women on Investigation Discovery. Women love their arsenic.

Anyway, I posted that without reading all the comments. Lol
  • soleilxo
    Options
    maybe consider taking out a loan ?!

lol jk :)

but all the answers are very helpful im sure you have lots of ideas now!

p.s. good luck on the first date :P
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Wine?! Tis the season for hard apple cider. You have to stick to the theme of the date. :smile:
  • sizzle92
    Options

Great response. Lol. I watched Deadly Women on Investigation Discovery. Women love their arsenic.

Anyway, I posted that without reading all the comments. Lol

LMAO :flowerforyou:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Having coffe and going for a walk is perfect for a first date. Keep the conversation going while walking. Maybe mention movies that are playing that you wanna see. Invite her to see one for date #2. I bet if you can come up with $40 or $50 from the change jar you could fund your first 3 budget-friendly dates. I'm engaged and my guy is the sweetest but we don't spend a lot on dates. We're planning a wedding which takes money. We get to go on twice as many dates if I pay sometimes too. So if she offers to buy the popcorn cuz you srung for movie tix it's ok to say thanks and accept. We like to take turns and we try to keep dates to under $25.

bowling
    pizza
    icecream or frozen yogurt shop
    coffee house or smoothie bar
    if weather is bad, walk at the mall.
    movies
    ice skating if u know how
    high school football game
    or go see a minor league team play something if you can find cheap tix
    local attractions that come to town and offer tix specials. check out groupon/living social
    coffee shops often have free live music on weekends
    pumpkin patch--it's fall! Smooch her in the corn maze!
    is there a petting zoo that's cheaper than the big zoo in your area? We went to a kangaroo farm last month. Sooo cute and fun
    walk a waterfront area, park, anywhere scenic. Take a camera for pics
    browse the bookstore together. Maybe pop into the Halloween store just to look
    check out the bulletin boards at starbucks (for live music, lectures, poetry readings, etc)
    call a local winery or local brewery for cheap tasting tours
    take her on a hike. take snacks for a mini-picnic
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lol 40-50 dollars is a lot for a 21 year old college student! I'm pretty sure this girl isn't expecting you to be Daddy Warbucks at this point in your life. Being a broke college student living at home at 21 is NORMAL. If she is around the same age as you she's probably in the same situation! Hell, I'm 3 years older than you and I'm still in that situation! lol Well, I have a job but you know what I mean. Take her on a picnic, believe me, she'll be more impressed that you took the time to make up a picnic basket full of food than she would be if you took her out to dinner. If that's not an option, take her somewhere simple to eat like a casual burger or pizza place where nothing costs more than like 9 bucks haha. If this girl is worried about how much money you're spending on her, she's not someone you should date anyway because her priorities are way out of whack.
  • Cristofori44
    Options

The guy has $40 for the date and he shouldn't even have to spend that much. A drink or two is just fine to get to know someone. He's going to school to better himself. It's not about what he has, but what's he making of himself that counts.

Judging a man by how much he spends on you screams "*kitten*."
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    :love:

Don't be silly, wrap up your willy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what a girl at the gym said today.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Wine?! Tis the season for hard apple cider. You have to stick to the theme of the date. :smile:

Yummy ... cider ....
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Wow... Rude much? I was with my last BF for 3.5 years and he did NOT have money. And after a year into the relationship he didnt have a job for 4 months. Meeting someone is not about how much money they have. I could care less if a guy has money! As long as they make me happy and treat me right, f*** money. Money doesnt buy happiness. But for you, clearly it does.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    My first date with the last one was a walk in the park, by the river, when it was windy, cold and very grey. Had coffee in a restaurant, then walked some more, and by the time we knew it, we had talked for 5 hours, drank coffee and I'd spent the equivalent of $7!

Im at university too, and have it lucky if I can go out once a month.

Expense isnt the key. Getting her number was the first step, now go find out whether she is as interesting as she is beautiful.

Good luck and dont worry about the money, just be a gentleman and respect, listen and make her laugh. :drinker: