What is your "ideal" weight?

Options

Replies

• AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 152.2 pounds. I know at my height that is at the very high edge of healthy, and I may decide to lose more then, but I picked that goal because it is 200 pounds lower than my starting weight.
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I would love to be at 145.
  • Sasha_OHara
    Sasha_OHara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6'' and would love to be 125. Any lower and I think I would look unhealthy.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I would be happy if I got to 147lbs, ecstatic if I could get to 133lbs. I don't really want to be much smaller than that really.
  • rachaelfolwer
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7in and I want to be 130-140, my pre- pregnancy weight. My son is a year and a half now and I want to be healthy
  • KrayKira
    Options
    I am 5'7 and want to be 80kg but then I will decide from there..
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I would like to be at 125lbs. I was just thinking how I have no idea how I came up with it. It just sounds good :)
    How did you come up with yours?

I joined the site because I wanted to track my food and be healthier - with no ideal weight in mind. But because the site asks for a goal weight, I came up with one. It was the weight I was before I gained weight - 120lb. I have achieved it (it required losing 25lb) but I don't know if this is my 'ideal weight'. My ideal is more a feeling than a weight - where I feel healthy and strong and full of energy. I do feel a lot healthier and stronger than I was before I lost the weight. I assume if I continue with a healthy lifestyle, my body will settle at the weight it is healthiest at, without my aiming for a certain weight.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 amd id love to hit a goal weight of 10 stone (140lbs) .. That would put me in the 'healthy' section on BMI and i think id feel happy, confident and comfy at that weight :)!
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 156 cm and in high school I used to weigh 60 kg and I looked pretty cute with that weight lol. Now that I'm a bit older and a bit matured my goal weight is between 60-65 kgs, whatever feels comfortable. I don't want to be stick skinny, I still want curves and a bit of softness :)
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    im 5'6" and would love to be a nice 135-140lbs :)
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and would like to be about 100lbs... bmi 19.5
    I used to be 105-110 lbs before I gained weight, and was a size 8-10 (UK).
    So hoping losing the extra 5-10 I had before would just put me at a nice size 8. I never binned the clothes so would be good to be able to wear them again!
    Of course it depends how much muscle I end up gaining too because if I gain more muscle than I used to have I won't mind being higher, I just want to be size 8 again!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my ideal weight is about 80 - 75kg, just because I don't want to be super skinny. I think I could maintain it.
  • jypsyjulia
    jypsyjulia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I would like to weight 123.4 because it is a magic number.
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I would like to weigh in the late 160's.
  • barbie_g1rl
    Options
    im 5 foot 4 and i want to be 60kgs :) for me this is a comfortable uk size 12 xx
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i'm 5'2
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't have an ideal weight, but I have an ideal size. I want to be a South African size 10 in pants , which is about a US size 6. At my lowest two years ago I was a SA size 12 in (US size 8) in pants and a SA size 8 in tops (US size 4) and I was pretty slim, but curvy because I have a medium-large frame. I'm 1.68m tall, about 5'6" I was between 73-75kg (160lbs to 163lbs) that time and I know I cannot go much lower than that because my bones were already sticking out a lot. I done a lot of strength training back then.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 159cm and I believe the ideal weight for me is about that, less 100cm. So 59kg. Anywhere between 55-60 is brilliant for my height. I'm holding onto a few extra kilos at the moment and I know they will go and I will get back there. I got down to 58 and was very happy with the way my clothes fit.
  • cinderella29292
    cinderella29292 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 112lbs at the moment, my goal/ideal weight would be 100lbs because it just sounds so good :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my ideal weight is a United Kingdom size 8 or 145lbs. :)

I'm the same height as you are. At 147lbs I was a size 10/12, years ago. It's interesting how we're all different!

I'm 174lbs now and can do up my UK 12s, so I reckon I need to lose maybe a stone, so perhaps 160lbs would be my ideal weight. Weird that i'd be the same size but 13lbs heavier!