Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk...

123457»

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk... Please discuss.

Vanilla vs. Plain?

Lately, I've been on an almond milk kick, but haven't tried the others... Dairy kills my belly.

Human beings are the only species to drink another source of milk outside of mothers milk.... We as humans lose the proper functions within our system to digest milk properly after the age of 2..... theoretically people whom are lactose intolerant ... are in fact normal.

So in short ... no milk none of them just stop drinking it. This is just my opinion you asked so I am sharing it.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    I use plain almond milk, and occasionally soy milk. I use it in all recipes that use regular milk EXCEPT pudding. You cannot make pudding with soy milk (never tried it with almond--assume the same thing would happen). The pudding doesn't set up. Who woulda thunk it.
  • my preference is almond. there's some research that suggest soy products may increase estrogen levels which is linked to cancer so you might want to do a little more research on soy milk
  • Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk... Please discuss.

Vanilla vs. Plain?

Lately, I've been on an almond milk kick, but haven't tried the others... Dairy kills my belly.

Human beings are the only species to drink another source of milk outside of mothers milk.... We as humans lose the proper functions within our system to digest milk properly after the age of 2..... theoretically people whom are lactose intolerant ... are in fact normal.

So in short ... no milk none of them just stop drinking it. This is just my opinion you asked so I am sharing it.

soy and almond aren't "milk" in the real sense, it's just marketing, a name given to suggest it's a replacement for real animal milk but of course it's just a processed product we fool ourselves into thinking is real food. You are right in saying we need to ween ourselves and just eat real food. The food industry has done an amazing job in brainwashing us to become dependent on their processed crap haven't they?
  • joolstag
    joolstag Posts: 8 Member
    I use plain almond milk, and occasionally soy milk. I use it in all recipes that use regular milk EXCEPT pudding. You cannot make pudding with soy milk (never tried it with almond--assume the same thing would happen). The pudding doesn't set up. Who woulda thunk it.

I'm going to try sugar free pudding with almond, my mom said it works, I hope she's right, but I haven't craved it yet so haven't tried.
  • lately I have been drinking Silk Pure Coconut
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    I'm lactose intolerant as well.
    I tend to make my own oat milk.

Delicious and really cheap :).

You can buy it in some stores as well, but they are a lot more expensive and often have sugar in them.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk... Please discuss.

Vanilla vs. Plain?

soy and almond aren't "milk" in the real sense, it's just marketing, a name given to suggest it's a replacement for real animal milk but of course it's just a processed product we fool ourselves into thinking is real food. You are right in saying we need to ween ourselves and just eat real food. The food industry has done an amazing job in brainwashing us to become dependent on their processed crap haven't they?

Yup ! ! !
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Only tried soy milk in vanilla, chocolate and light chocolate, all from the brand Silk.
    Vanilla was soooooo disgusting. I don't like the idea of "sweet" milk.... I tried it on my cereal and had to throw it all out. Yuck.
    Chocolate is okay.
    I LOVE the Silk Light Chocolate, though. Friggin' delicious and better watery texture than other thick chocolate milks.