Cheap date.

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    museum and a coffee afterwards

picnics are cheap just bring something for her to sit on and take care of the food and the wine
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, fall activities...
    In addition to pumpkin carving or painting, there are farms near me that have hayrides and at this time of year, you can go to a cider mill and watch them make fresh pressed cider (have some and a donut, if you can budget calories for it). If you're in the southern hemisphere, go check out the fresh spring blossoms. Do you have a hobby that you could share with her? Local festivals, pick your own fruit. Invite her to participate in a local project, like designing and making a haunted house -- multiple times to get together, talk and have a coffee afterwards -- instead of just a single date?
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Look online in your area and see whats happening..alot of times in our area we have free concerts and other free festivals this time of the year.

great idea!!

one of the BEST dates i went on was to watch a fireworks display. it was freezing cold so we ended up snuggling up together. it was fun , CHEAP and romantic :)
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree with something active--take a walk around a cool part of town or somewhere scenic (with fall, maybe some leaves are starting to change where you are) & chat. Definitely don't have to spend $ to have a good time. :)

(Ignore the advice to wait to date...omg, let me put my life on hold until everything is perfect...say what? lol)
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A very young guy living with his parents finishing school between jobs (jobless) with no funds. Sounds like a stressful situation once she falls for you.
    He's 21 give him a break. Lots of people his age are going to school and live with parents, its perfectly normal. A girl his age is probably doing the same thing and wont be stressed at all.
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok I apologize. But if you're THAT broke, what do you think you can bring to this table at this point? Why not wait until you're more on your feet to date?

Perhaps he's bringing more to the table than his wallet.

Go out for coffee! Walk through the city and go to art museums ... if you're into that. I wouldn't call myself "artsy" but it's fun to look at the stuff people come up with!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    http://www.quadskating.com/rinks/us/ny.htm

If a happy, intelligent, well read, responsible man took me for skating and smoothies, that would be the beginning on a beautiful relationship in the making.

You can make her a smoothie at your place, or Jamba Juice/Orange Julius is only about as expensive as a coffee, perhaps less. Skating is normally about five or six bucks a person, then probably about three bucks for the rental. [I have my own skates, so I hardly rent them.]

PLEASE don't take her to the movies. "Oh, yes, I met this amazing girl, and we went and sat in the dark, watching a movie for three hours, and I don't know anything about her at all."
  • AbrianW
    AbrianW Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Movies - $20-30
    Everyone i know loves pizza.. Can go somewhere that sells pizza by the slice and sit and talk (up to $15)
    Kind of hard to help when your in a different city or state.
    Google might help as well is you type in cheap date ideas in your area.
  • atulas
    atulas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Invite her to go see a local band, usually a cheap cover or free, indie music has more soul then the formulaic junk on the radio . Even better if it is your band and she can see you perform. Just guessing but less then 50 bucks sounds like you are a starving artist.
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Invite her to go see a local band, usually a cheap cover or free, indie music has more soul then the formulaic junk on the radio . Even better if it is your band and she can see you perform. Just guessing but less then 50 bucks sounds like you are a starving artist.

No, haha.

I had a job at the school I was attending, but I transferred, and had to quit. So now I am trying to find part-time again, and NOBODY is hiring...
  • lose2be_free
    lose2be_free Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    QQ harder... seriously?
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    A very young guy living with his parents finishing school between jobs (jobless) with no funds. Sounds like a stressful situation once she falls for you.
    He's 21 give him a break. Lots of people his age are going to school and live with parents, its perfectly normal. A girl his age is probably doing the same thing and wont be stressed at all.
    Agreed.
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Movies ? and a coffee?
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If she likes to read........bookstore and coffee
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'VE GOT IT -

Make coffee at home. Put into two togo cups. Take her to a park. Sit down on a bench. Let her read this thread.

Pot of coffee made at home: $0
    Park bench somewhere near WI-FI with laptop: $0
    Showing her all the *kitten* you enountered, and ideas you had to weed through, just to go on this date: Priceless.

I've got your back kid.
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    China town. My broke boyfriend took me to china town on our first date. Fresh bakes pastries and tea houses around every corner, plus cheap souvenier shops and ALOT of walking to take up time. Also cheap yummy dinners. It was such a great time, we go back every couple months.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I do think whomever initiates the date should pay. And I believe in old school where a man pays for the date...unless the woman does the inviting.

Exactly. Chivalry should not be (and isn't to some!) dead. OP is proving that.

I too believe that a guy should pay if he is the one the asked. And vice versa if it is the girl that asked. I'm old fashioned that way too. That being said, a lot of money doesn't have to be spent. The ones looking for big spenders are probably not ones you want to date again anyway. IMHO
    Problem with this is women rarely ask and rarely pay. This was way more relevant when women weren't earning like they are now. Most of the women I date make near or more than me and I do quite well for myself. Many women are "Old Fashioned" when it suits them, then modern when it suits them. It must be nice to be able to pick & choose. I personally gew up old fashioned and don't mind paying, but at some point, I like to see some effort by the woman I'm dating, even if it's cooking me a meal or something that is not exactly spending money, but with my dating experiences in Houston since 2008, there seem to be quite a few women that treat men as their free meal & entertainment ticket. Granted this doesn't include everyone.
    Movies ? and a coffee?
    Movies are a bad idea for the frist 2-3 dates unless you spend a lot of time talking on the phone getting to know each other...or you plan a long date so the movie doesn't eat into time spend with conversation getting to know each other. Movies on the 1st is one of the poorest choices for getting to know someone. Being that you are both young, she's probably had her share of lame movie dates in High School anyhow. Be creative.

Make coffee at home. Put into two togo cups. Take her to a park. Sit down on a bench. Let her read this thread.

Pot of coffee made at home: $0
    Either someone in your home is stealing the coffee from the office kitchen, or you need to let me know where you shop! Around here coffee is about $8 a lb for the good stuff. I mean sure, it would be cheap, but not free (and I wanted to pick on you ;) ).
  • Nikki0415
    Options
    I think bowling is a great idea :) or you can look online, see what is going on in your area. There are a lot of sites that posts free events in your area that you can go to. Someone said coffee and a stroll, that was also a great idea :) Have fun!
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    So many easy good ideas...

Let's see pack a picnic and go to the lake/beach.

Go for a hike, and bring lunch for you both.

Bowling is fun and cheap and you will get to know if she has a sense of humor.

Bike ride maybe.

It's not the amount of money you spend, it's the company and the effort.

Going to a pumpkin patch is fun, and not expensive. Carve pumpkins together....Bring a camera....

Some of the best dates I went on were not expensive, but very thoughtful.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I would have to second the coffee thing.

My husband and I's cheap date is to go to the coffee shop, get coffee and a snack, and sit and take, sans child.