how many pounds before anyone noticed?

Options
I'm down about 32 pounds so far, an 5 holes. On my belt. But still nothing. Well actually I did have a Guy at work giving my *kitten* when he saw me eating, and said damn you eat to much.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    It takes about 20 pounds for someone you haven't seen in a while to notice. I'd say it takes 35-40 pounds for people you see everyday to notice.
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    10 pounds. And I am 5'5" SO when I went 181 to 171.

But I am going bring up a stereotype here. People pay more attention with girls with weight because there is perhaps more pressure on girls to maintain lower weights. Honestly I think guys have to have big changes. It is hard for me to tell with my husband when he first gains or starts to loose weight because he is 6'5". I only notice when he has drastic changes. I had a female friend who was 6'1" and the same held for her. I did not notice if she lost 10 pounds. But when she lost 50 I definitely noticed
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine was noticed today and I'm 31 pounds down.. but it was by someone who sees me almost everyday. The people you see every day are not going to really notice right away.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    It just started happening to me over the past couple of weeks, probably when I hit around 10 pounds. Suddenly, many people were asking me if I had lost weight. I personally didn't see any change but they did.

It probably depends on where you're losing it from. If you lose a lot from your face at first, it's easier to tell, if it's more proportional, it might be harder.
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I did this before, it was about 30 pounds before people started commenting on it.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a lot to lose, but it was at about 40 pounds when I got the first comment.
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    mine was at about 30lbs lost, my dad noticed. My husband has told me all along how much easier it is to hug me.
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    mine was at about 30lbs lost, my dad noticed. My husband has told me all along how much easier it is to hug me.

Mine told me the other day that my boobs stuck out further than my tummy did... Plus he was finally able to pick me up without really hurting me or himself :)
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    it took about 25lbs....so frustrating, I know
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For me 80 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear people were like "oh you lost some weight" I was like ya think..........:laugh: sigh*good memories.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I've had people tell me as low as 5, but that's only happened once. It's usually around 10-12 for me, just because I'm so petite. I think it's harder to tell on people who are taller, especially if they have alot to lose. It's just how it's spaced out compared to us shorter folk.
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think people already notice your weight loss, they just aren't saying anything. I've literally lost 99 pounds and no one has said a word. I would think it's quite obvious...but I think people just don't want to say anything.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Some time ago I lost about 20 pounds and nobody said a word. My husband (at that time) said he hadn't even noticed a gain.
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Cool
    Thank you-all, just seems like I can see it,but nobody else can. I really feel like another. 10 pounds and
    I should be good, but I have lost almost a 1/4 of my body weight and actually The opposite. That's what's driving me nutz.
    I get coworkers giving me **** for eating such a big lunch, even though its healthy AZ ****!!!
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    my office partner didn't notice until 40 pounds, my clothes looked like they were hanging off me.
  • arollason
    arollason Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It was like 12lbs for me, I didn't tell any of my coworkers that I was doing a life style change . Then one day I was asked "are you losing weight" After I thanked her for noticing, she said she could really tell in my face. From that it was question after question...Then there are those people who just don't care... AKA, the haters, which I refer to as my motivators! LOL
  • Roachimumpty
    Roachimumpty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12kgs and nobody has noticed yet!!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When I lost 20 lbs, I did so at college, so it was gradual and people saw me everyday and didn't really notice. Then I went home and some noticed, but only one of my aunts brought it up.
    Now I'm back at college and continuing to lose weight and once again no one is noticing.
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Definitely 30 pounds before someone said anything. I was really hurt at first, I hadn't seen any of my teacher friends all summer long and here I had been working out so hard and we got back to school in august and no one noticed.

Give it time and go more by the way your clothes fit you, not what people say.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It took my husband going on a three day business trip, then coming back and hugging me before saying "Wow.. You really have some great curves now!" and it was only 10lbs lost.

I think it depends on a lot of things. There's a saying I've heard that it takes 6 weeks for you to notice, 8 for family, and 12 strangers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!