how many pounds before anyone noticed?

Options

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    No one has really noticed yet, except my mother - but it's only fourteen pounds. I've got a long way to go..
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    10 pounds, but I am only 4'10".
  • nigelicious
    Options
    About 10lbs and people started to comment they could see it in my face.
  • ugotKOd
    Options
    well, people only started noticing when i dropped 5 pounds...even now, i still think i could do more, but i won't be satisfied until i am toned in all the right places!!...
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at all these really PRETTY girls that have responded! YOU just hang in there and get to know who you are....

Everyone is different and for sure I'm not guy and don't know how long it takes....

but what I do know is that when love is right you will find it..

:smile:
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was about 30lbs for me. My husband hasn't noticed any changes though. But to be fair, he didn't notice when I went from 120lbs to 207lbs. It will be interesting when I go back to England later this month as it will have been 6 months since I have seen my sister and father. Looking forward to it.
    I'm 5ft9.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    3 coworkers mentioned something on the same day when I hit 9.6lbs down. I went from 172.3 to 162.7. I'm 5'9
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 32 pounds so far, an 5 holes. On my belt. But still nothing. Well actually I did have a Guy at work giving my *kitten* when he saw me eating, and said damn you eat to much.

I think it all depends on your build and how much you have yet to lose. No one really noticed for me until I lost 40 lbs and I still had 20 lbs to go. It's fun when it finally happens. It fun even when all your clothes don't fit and you have to get new ones. I still only have enough clothes to get by because money is tight.

I don't know what you were eating but maybe your friend was giving you some sort of clue??? :)

Just keep it up! :) Congratulations on your loss so far.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    for me some thought at 10, some thought at 20, some didnt say anything till 30 plus...today i lost 68 pounds and when i eat at work sometimes i will eat alot but good food though and they say damm you can eat ur hungry...not being it mean but joking around. dont worry about what people think..you just do you and keep losing weight
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I was always around 125-130 and nobody said anything ever until I started working out in my last year and got toned up. I was still 130, but apparently it was the best I'd ever looked. I got tons of compliments. I guess it just depends on the person.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't specifically remember the pounds..what I do remember is that I noticed when I had lost 10% of my original body weight and other people noticed around 20% lost....so I guess it was around 40 pounds for me.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would say 40 lbs. That was my experience.
  • nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was down 15 when the receptionist at work stopped me and asked "what are you doing?" I told here I was heating up lunch...and she laughed. Come to find out people were talking about me lossing weight and she wanted to know what I was doing to make it happen.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting. I'm ok with it, once folks realize you're losing they tend to become food cops ("should you be eating that?", "I thought you were watching it", " can you eat that?" and so on)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It was 17 pounds for me. Three coworkers have noticed in the past week or so. But not til I returned from being out 3 days on jury duty.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting. I'm ok with it, once folks realize you're losing they tend to become food cops ("should you be eating that?", "I thought you were watching it", " can you eat that?" and so on)

This drives me crazy! Although my co-workers did not get me a cake for my birthday, but told me why. They thought I was doing so well and didn't want tempt me.
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success so far. People probably have noticed....they look and think...hmm, something is different, what is it?! LOL. When someone hasn't seen you for a while, they may even think...hmm, something is different what is it. Family, and those close to you will notice first.
  • McShanJazz
    Options
    Only 7 lbs for me- though as a Jazzercise Instructor, I wear pretty tight workout clothes and am standing on a stage performing, so people notice EVERYTHING. This can be good, or bad! Haha. Regardless, getting that first compliment was so MOTIVATING!!
  • queenbree13
    queenbree13 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 35lbs all together since January. No one has really said anything.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I think between 10-15 pounds people really started noticing. I'm at 21 and soooo many people mention it now... I started at 178
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!