how many pounds before anyone noticed?

Options

Replies

• roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think it was the first 10 or so pounds for me....but like most others said, it's mainly with people who haven't seen u in a while. And as far as the people who criticize you or what u eat...screw them!! Stay positive and motivated and you will reach your goal in no time! And congrats on all the weight loss already! :)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Strangely people noticed my skin before they noticed my 20 pound weight loss. Once I started eating well and sweating my butt off at the gym my really skin started to glow.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose ANY weight after 1 year of working out, but I still got comments because my body changed. I don't think it takes 20 lbs for people to notice. I don't even have 20lbs total to lose so that would be disheartening. So if you are like me (without a whole lot of actual scale weight to lose) don't be discouraged because like I said people noticed without any actual movement on the scale. I've only lost about 6-8lbs on the scale so far and my body is like night and day (seriously it is). While 6-8lbs doesn't sound like a lot of weight I am so much more toned and lifted not to mention the clothes I can now fit into. Thank you MFP!

ETA: I am 5'4" and I currently weigh 124lbs. I started at over 130 and I was really untoned. I am also fairly small framed (not tiny, but small). My goal is 115-118lbs, but I am going by looks more than scale so who knows where I'll really stop and maintain.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    50 lbs for me...finally lol
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    I have a lot to lose as well and it was about 35 lbs. when one person finally said something. As I'm getting close to 50 lbs. lost I'm finding more people are noticing.
  • appyspirit
    appyspirit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think people notice, but are afraid to say anything - that you might not perceive it as a compliment. Like, "Have you lost weight" "Why? Do you think I need to?!" It seems that once they find out you are trying, the positive comments will come your way.
    And you are doing a great job!
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    One of my friends said something around 15 lbs lost, but she knew I was working out. This past week I've had several people tell me that I look good or ask me what I'm doing to lose weight. I'm at 20 lbs down right now.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Right around 50 pounds....I am 5'2" and started around 335 lbs(prior to MFP). I was well below 300 before anyone really noticed. Now when I see people that I haven't seen in a couple years and am almost 100 lbs down they do seem to notice. Do it for yourself and no one else!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    33 down and nothing yet :ohwell:

Not my first time down this path. I know that I've made a difference on the scale, in my clothes, and my slowly increasing fitness level.
  • anna_smallNstrong
    Options
    My partner could see a difference after 5 lbs, and folks I work with started making comments after 9. But then, I'm 5'1' and these numbers are the difference between looking overweight and looking 'normal'- my clothes fit very differently now than 9 lbs ago. I just needed to lose 11 lbs to get to a healthy weight and have two more to go.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the difference! You are looking great!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I"m down 32 pounds and over 42 inches and few people have said anything! Amazing to me that no one notices lol. Just keep doing what you are doing, you are doing great! Few people will compliment you but seems to me, that more people just like to criticize!!
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    I am 33 lbs down and very few people have notced yet :(
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I would maybe be happier if no one noticed! I'm kind of short and people definitely start commenting after 2-5 lbs. And it's awkward when someone comments "you keep getting skinnier" when you've been stuck on a plateau for 2 months. I don't know if they are lying or if a little weight just really shows that much on me.
  • cuddlychap
    cuddlychap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of comments in the last few days. In both cases it was people who hadn't seen me for a month or more, and so I'd probably lost about 11lbs since I saw them last. The people I see day to day haven't said anything.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    For me it was last friday at 4 kg lost that a co-worker noticed that my looks are changing. It may have something to do that I can finally fit back in some of my smaller sized and more form fitting pre-pregnancy clothes :wink:
    I'm 1.65 m / 5'5"
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Once I hit 30 people started telling me that they could tell, at least the ones that see me often enough. I'm also quite a bit overweight so I think that has something to do with it too. I started at 320.4 so it usually takes more weight before people start to notice.
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had lost probably around 30 before anyone said anything. But as I have lost more it turns out the people I interact with the most were aftraid to say anything because I started losing after a really bad month with my health so they thought I was really sick. But I ga lot of comments now.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im at 30 lbs lost and really havent gotten much notice yet except from my husband and one close friend. Its kind of very discouraging. Im at 304 started at 330 so hoping for more people noticing soon. Would ressure me that im getting good results.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    After 25-27 pounds people started to really take notice... that was three pants sizes!! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!