Replies

• Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Nice to see its not just me.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    the answer isn't in pounds, it's in percentage. lose 10%, you feel better. lose 20% and you start to notice. maybe some people around you start noticing. lose 30% and it's no secret anymore.
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I lost 21 pounds over the last three months or so. In the last week I had three people ask if I had lost weight. And I happily bought smaller clothes. Yeah me!!!
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really didn't get notices until I had lost about 50 pounds!!!
    This leads me to believe one of two things:
    1. I was hiding it well
    2. People weren't paying attention to me.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    For me it was around the tewnty pounds loss this year. Face, arms, and belly area were major differences. But overall, if you saw me at 227 pounds four years ago and today I'm sixty plus lighter, that's a major difference!
  • TammySchumacher
    TammySchumacher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    took me about 30 lbs before people who didn't know I was dieting and working out noticed... those that knew complimented at around 10, but you never know if they are just being nice or not. 31f, 5'9", SW199, CW160, GW145
  • JulieDive
    JulieDive Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have had days where people say i look like I have lost weight when I really haven't, maybe a couple pounds. It is usually due to what I am wearing that day. I tend to wear loose fitting clothes so I feel comfortable, but if I switch it up and wear something fitting I get those kinds of remarks. I think it is a difference in gender. By stereotype, men aren't as conscientious as women when it comes to appearance so I think it would take a drastic change to hear feedback from others.
  • spippin73
    Options
    We are our own worst critics and so we probably see ourselves differently than those around us. I tend to be hard on myself, but three years ago, when I lost 22 pounds, people finally noticed. I think because my weight loss is slow and gradual on MFP that people who see me regularly just don't see the loss. They will though, and I do now! Men are less likely to comment too. So don't let them discourage you...keep up the excellent work.
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    Contextually, for some people a loss of 12-15 lbs could be 5-10% of their body weight, which is a pretty substantial figure.
  • Blaireli
    Blaireli Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    34 pounds down and my husband has yet to notice...
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    the answer isn't in pounds, it's in percentage. lose 10%, you feel better. lose 20% and you start to notice. maybe some people around you start noticing. lose 30% and it's no secret anymore.

I like the sound of this. It gives me some hard targets to shoot for.
  • annadolezalova
    annadolezalova Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    20 pounds. But there are still so many people who haven't noticed my weight loss yet.
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    61 pounds before anyone notice
  • RiseAndConverge
    RiseAndConverge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    15lbs for me with one person I worked with everyday then didn't see for a while. I'm now down almost 30 and no one in my office has said anything, but they're a bunch of bean poles so I dont think they want to say anyting in case they'd make me uncomfortable.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a large amount to lose to begin with (so probably not as noticeable as those who have a lot to lose), but after I had lost 15 pounds (before coming to MFP), people still hadn't noticed. In fact, no one noticed until I started wearing new clothes that fit me much better. Then all of a sudden, people were commenting on how great I looked. Hang in there. Great job on the weight loss!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    169 lbs! Good lawd that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    I'd say about 20lbs.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've had people ask if I've lost weight, mostly people I haven't seen for awhile. I've lost 20 pounds so far. I'm honestly not sure if it's because they actually notice a difference, or if it's because everyone that knows me well pretty much knows I'm always on some kind of "diet" and wanted to be polite :laugh:
  • Tony_Goose
    Tony_Goose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm still yet to have anyone notice, even though it's over 35 pounds now
  • WannaBSkinnyBride
    Options
    I've lost a little more than 14 pounds and no one has said anything yet. Granted I am aiming to lose a total of about 83 pounds so it doesn't surprise me. I went down a pant size but other than that I don't really notice a difference either.

Some people know about my diet and they'll ask how it's going. When I tell them what I've lost so far they'll say, "yeah, I can tell" but only after I say something. It's nice and all but doesn't really seem real if it's kind of prompted *shrug* I'm thinking that once I lose about 20 to 30 pounds someone might notice on their own.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!