5"0' Ladies Please Show Share Your Success

Options

Replies

• dominica_maria
    dominica_maria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to post pics, but my before and after is in my profile picture. I still have about another 10-15lbs to be where I want to be. I started in January at 139.5lbs and I am currently at 127lbs. My goal weight is between 110-115lbs. You guys all look great (:
  • dominica_maria
    dominica_maria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow everybody looks great! I'd love to have that kind of transformation one day! You girls gave me HOPE! I'm 5" and wayyyy obese weighing 196 :( but u guys made me believe that it can be done.... I'm trying to cut carbs even brown rice I have it really tiny bit if I need it...

What kind work out routine do you girls think that works the most effective? I'm trying to do 30ds...

walk walk walk. move into trying to run. I lost most of my weight by starting out walking and moving into running!
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    When everyone sees what great shape I'm in and that I'm eating just like they do they will say "How does she do it?" Simple. You can have what ever you want, just not all at once (except for me on this special occasion! LOL).

Way to go!

I am 4'9" and I struggled with the Eat More thing when I joined MFP. Right now, I am losing slowly by eating 800-1200 calories a day. Like you, I feel the most important thing is that I DON'T EAT WHEN I AM NOT HUNGRY. I have struggled my whole life with binge eating and eating to the point of pain. I am learning how to recognize actual fullness, and some days that translates into 700-800 calories (other days, it is more like 1300 calories, it just depends). My goal is to have a healthy attitude towards food and fitness, not follow some prescribed one-size-fits-all plan. Anyway, just wanted to say, yeah! You go!
  • kojodevine
    kojodevine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and started on 9/13/12 and have lost 7 pounds. I love the exercise tracker and earning extra calories, I have completely changed my entire diet, which has been hard, but totally doable. Also, I have been doing Just Dance 3 on the Wii! Love it. (As long as no one see me doing it.)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump
  • saunders0000
    saunders0000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hope to post some before and during pics soon :smile:
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I haven't reached my goal at all yet, but I am 5ft and my highest weight was 240 and I have already lost 50lbs.

BEFORE (240lbs):

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/eruiz987/CHRISTMAS 2010/DSC_1267.jpg

INPROGRESS (190lbs):

SAM_0537_zps91076d75.jpg

I am still on this journey and someday I will be posting my final success photos around 140 - 150lbs (GW)
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I haven't reached my goal at all yet, but I am 5ft and my highest weight was 240 and I have already lost 50lbs.

BEFORE (240lbs): Your before isn't working but it's alright

DSC_1212.jpg

INPROGRESS (190lbs):

SAM_0537_zps91076d75.jpg

I am still on this journey and someday I will be posting my final success photos around 140 - 150lbs (GW)

Thats great! Congratulations and this is such an inspiration for me! Thanks for sharing! & to everybody else too you guys look amazing and are such an inspiration to me. Thank you sooooo much for sharing!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 5" I am not really sure where my before pictures are. My SW was 200 CW is 146. I still have a little ways to hit my GW of 130-125. I watch portion size and make sure to eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies. I also do cardio 3x a week and some sculpting 2x a week. I was diagnosed diabetic so I really watch my sugar intake. I still eat carbs but nothing like I used to. My profile picture was taken in April when I weighted 160.
  • MerraH89
    Options
    I am 5'1" and started on 9/13/12 and have lost 7 pounds. I love the exercise tracker and earning extra calories, I have completely changed my entire diet, which has been hard, but totally doable. Also, I have been doing Just Dance 3 on the Wii! Love it. (As long as no one see me doing it.)

wow how did you lose 7 lbs so quick? i'm jealous :tongue: but will you please tell me what you did? :flowerforyou:
  • MerraH89
    Options
    anyone else would like to show off your success pictures/stories?? :)
    so far i lost 6lbs about a month and doing 30DS now...slow but surely!
  • sinobaako82
    sinobaako82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    wow!!! that is insane!!! you look super fabulous! what an inspiration... hope you can share with us some words of wisdom and tips.
  • specialtreat
    Options
    Still a work in progress I am 5 foot 4 and starting weight was 78kgs/172pounds
    during photo was at 73kgs/161pounds
    and currently at around 65kgs/143pounds.
    I still have 5-8 kgs/ 11-17pounds I would like to lose.

Cameraroll3.jpg

edited to add a face comparison as well :-)
    I can really notice the difference in my neck, I actually have one now :-)

Savedpictures.jpg
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5 ft. and I started out a size 22 at 210 pounds. I am now a size 2 at 103 pounds.:bigsmile:

OMG, that is amazing! Congrats!
  • hablagabrielle
    Options
    I'm five feet tall and now that I eat 1800 or 1900 calories a day, I'm progressing really quickly, actually. I ate at 900 for about a year because I thought I was supposed to eat very little since I am so small. I never lost anything and, on top of that, I was sick and irritable a lot of the time. I was also a lot flabbier than I am now. I weigh more now that I eat more, that's for sure, but I'm still a lot smaller than I ever was. This is the smallest I've ever been in my life. I agree with your mantras and the fact that moderation is always key for weight loss and health in general, but I eating more can (and does) certainly work for short girls, too. So for the others here, if you're not losing weight quickly enough or you feel like you've tried everything with no success, don't discount eating more just because you're smaller than the people pitching it to you.

1221421-IWMF4C7.png
    First picture is where I started, second is after eating at an extreme deficit for a long time, and the third one is after a month of 30 DS and eating 1800-2000 a day
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/5d3a99dd94f9c170073aa69257dfe79b.jpg[/img]

I love your arms! I hope one day that mine will have the same shape (shoulder/bicep) :love:
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump! 5"2' here and have a lot to lose!
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    BEFORE:
    MeandRandy_zpscadd3eae.jpg

AFTER:
    fitnessonedumbbell.jpg

Goodness! What a gorgeous woman! What an inspiration!
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 4'10" and have been on MFP for the better part of a year. My progress pics are in my profile (sorry, can't post them).

Lots of good advice here, and I TOTALLY agree with the poster (Californiagirl2012) that said (in part):
    <<What people don't seem to realize is that when you are short females like us your RMR is usually very low, too close to the 1200 calorie min and that makes it pretty hard to have a real calorie deficit with all the eat more mantra. That works fine for bigger people who have more room in their calorie budget to play with. People who are not short don't see to understand this.>>

Know your body's caloric needs and work for yourself. Paying too much attention to what "everyone else is doing" had me eating too much and I spent a while in a plateau because of it. Also, don't be afraid to lift some weight and build a little strength - it burns calories and you feel like you can take on the world!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!