A fat guy with a dream..

Options

Replies

• Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and your new life - you got this! Wishing you the best success on your journey.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    welcome!! MFP is an awesome place for support and motivation. good luck on your journey...and always remember, you can do it!
  • Stac2004
    Stac2004 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations on beginning this journey. It's a huge step to start this process. Friend request sent!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    First step has been made, you can be proud of yourself! I will send you a friend request!
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the commitment. It's a tough road, but well worth the travels! Good luck!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on your decision to take control of your life! I think the key to the whole thing is to hold on to the determination and level of committment you have right now. I started this same thing in March of this year at 338 pounds, and have lost 95 so far. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Darcyw4
    Darcyw4 Posts: 44
    Options
    For the most part, people on MFP are very encouraging and supportive - but you will run into some d-bags and dont let them get to you. Surround yourself with positive people and make sure that you stay positive! It sounds like you have the right mind set and I hope you can do it! I look forward to seeing your successes! Feel free to friend me if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Welcome This is a journey well worth taking people ask me alot what my diet is or my secret simple answer to both no diet no secret I changed over years the way I lived and added exercise from a half of my block and back home in the beginning to an occasional 8 miler on the weekend now The only secret I can think of is patience some weeks 5 pounds would drop off and sometimes it would be 5 weeks and a pound lost dont be discouraged or overly smug because just when you think you have this thing down your body can throw you a curve and bite you in the *kitten*
    If you make changes weight loss will happen I am no expert but I have been doing this for me for over 52 months now
    YOU can do this
    Good luck good health and Good Losing
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Best of luck and kick *kitten*!
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I'm fairly new here; I've only been on the site for a month. But I've found that this place is full of great motivation and support. And I love that I'm held accountable for everything that I do. But in this past month I've lost almost four pounds. That's a lot for me and I know that it's due to MFP.

It will take time, but you CAN do it. It won't be easy, and sometimes you'll want to give up, but you can do it. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals. Feel free to add me for support or motivation.
  • ShelbyRoyal73
    ShelbyRoyal73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first step to changing your life!
  • LeighNC
    LeighNC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking this first step in the right direction! You are an inspiration to me already with your honesty. Change is possible and we CAN do this! Best wishes in your journey - just don't give up!
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step - you are soooo worth it! It may be easier to set small goals rather than putting one large one so you don't feel overwhelmed. That seems to help me anyway...maybe it will you too.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish and welcome to MFP and for choosing to change your life! KUDOS to you!!

You CAN do it, I have no doubts about that!!
  • mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, if you want to chat etc.
    I am only on here Mon-Fri as I go nuts at weekend so don't log any food etc. I use the as part of my up days. I on the up day, down day diet. It's not for everyone but I am having some joy with it.
    You've taken the hardest step, its now only one way each day. Onward and upward to your goal :bigsmile:
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    The first step is always the scariest...congratulations! I wish you the best, can't wait for updates...You can do this!
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are here to support each other.. feel free to add me. Congratulations on your first step towards a new and healthier you.

Gloria
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    I know your dream will become a reality! You got this! :)
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow. I wasn't expecting this, the warm reception, friend requests, and responses are all overwhelming, and very much appreciated.

Please bear with me as I try to figure this thing out. I am still trying to switch my profile from female to male?!
  • jabuc97
    jabuc97 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am here to help all I can, feel free to add me! :)
  • missyouhoo
    missyouhoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wish you nothing bur good luck in youer weight loss journey it is nto easy as I lose motivation or ambition from time however not being sick or overweight is the biggest motivator currently I am relosing what was lost