Can somebody just tell me if this is healthy or not?

Options
Okay for breakfast i had :Go ahead apple and raisin biscuit(50cals)
Lunch: Pasta king no cheese (250cal)
Dinner: small red potato with salmon with veg dk how many cals yet
snacks: 1 1/2 more goahead biscuits (100 cals)

I got told this was a very bad diet:/

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Eat more homemade foods.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    well for a start thats probably too few calories
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You need protein at all of your meals and you need a couple of snacks in between that should have carbs and protein.
  • BoBoDoesPaleo
    Options
    Lots of carbs. Very little protein. I would up your protein intake.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    That is A LOT of carbs and not really enough of everything else.

Plus, like the first post said, eat more homemade. If you add more fruits and veggies to those non-homemade meals that would be good.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Too few calories and you need some vegetables.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You need protein at all of your meals and you need a couple of snacks in between that should have carbs and protein.

You don't necessarily HAVE to have protein at all your meals. This isn't a requirement. Especially considering we don't even know what kind of exercise, if any, that you do.

We're only going off of a little tiny bit of info we've been provided here.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You are consuming aprrox 700 cal a day. YES this is unhealthy.
  • trospert
    trospert Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    well for a start thats probably too few calories

I tend to agree with ^ ... this sounds like insufficient caloric intake, even for me and I'm a 5'2" female.

I also agree that you should try some things that are less packaged/processed for snacks or foods. Raw Almonds, fresh fruit, vegetables, etc. Those will up your caloric intake slightly but they are better for your body than crackers or processed foods. If you're just trying to lose weight, that might work, but if you're trying to be more "fit" or build muscle I don't think you will be able to with that diet. If you don't prefer to "eat" your calories consider smoothies with protein powders & fruits. You will lose weight like this but it doesn't appear, by outward view, to be very "healthy."

Good luck in your goals! :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    It's mostly all refined carbs (very bad!) and very little nutrition. Add more lean protein, vegetables and good fats (monosaturated/polysaturated).

Plus, it's too few calories. Never eat below your BMR (use the Tools tab to determine yours).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You are consuming aprrox 700 cal a day. YES this is unhealthy.

This! And where's the fruit and veg!?
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    seriously??? Yes
  • hafsahkh
    hafsahkh Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Can somebody just clarify what carbs actually are and what foods contain them most? :( I;m eating at least 1200 cals a day so idont think im intaking little i feel sick now if i eat to much :/ having pasta king was obviously a big mistake but i normally have a box of raisins for lunch,,
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'll have to agree with everyone here:

Starting with answering your question: That is a HORRIBLE diet.

Followed by: EAT MORE!

When you've got #2 down, then continue with: less carbs, more protein/fat.

Unless you like to be a feeble toothpick, but that's your choice.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Okay for breakfast i had :Go ahead apple and raisin biscuit(50cals)
    Lunch: Pasta king no cheese (250cal)
    Dinner: small red potato with salmon with veg dk how many cals yet
    snacks: 1 1/2 more goahead biscuits (100 cals)

I got told this was a very bad diet:/

The salmon is healthy. And the raisins in the biscuit.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Eat more homemade foods.

I agree...also, is that all you're having for the day? You need more to fuel your body-are you working out? What's your water intake, protein ect.
  • jeannepp
    jeannepp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to many carbs and processed foods which are not good for you.
  • hafsahkh
    hafsahkh Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've decided to have a teaspoon of mash with the salmon and idk what to snack on i'll probably just havea big portion of veg or make a salad instead
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Everyone will have a different opinion on this. I recomend you keep an eye on the carbs, protein, fat, sodium (and sugar if you want) each day and see what foods are likely to make you go over the recommended guidelines. You'll eventually search for foods YOU can live with and others you can replace with healthier choices to keep YOUR goal at the end of the day.
  • trospert
    trospert Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can somebody just clarify what carbs actually are and what foods contain them most? :( I;m eating at least 1200 cals a day so idont think im intaking little i feel sick now if i eat to much :/ having pasta king was obviously a big mistake but i normally have a box of raisins for lunch,,

Carbs are found in breads, pasta, etc. Google it if you're super unsure. You MAY be feeling sick if you're eating things you body doesn't need/want or they are all processed. Also, make sure you're staying hydrated. A box of raisins does not consitute a "lunch" honestly and if that's all you're having than you could really be starving yourself.