Honest male answers and opinions wanted

Options

Replies

• travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree with the idea of him getting his testosterone levels checked.

Up until a couple of months ago, I spent about a year where I had absolutely no energy. It was a struggle to stay awake past 9:00 p.m., but then I couldn't sleep well. I was very irritable and feeling depressed - things that are normally not my nature. He checked my testosterone levels and they were really low. I would have never thought about that because I am still in my late 30's and wasn't having problems problems with my libido.

The doctor put me on replacement therapy, and I now give myself an injection once a week. I was a completely different man within 48 hours of the first injection - felt better than I had in years. And while I wasn't really having libido problems before - it's like I'm 18 years old again now. Well worth jamming an 18-gauge needle into my quad once a week. An added bonus is that it also makes my workouts much more effective.

I'd definitely suggest he get his levels checked. It could very well be the problem, and if so, it's easily fixed.
  • athenagv
    Options
    have you ever just walked up to him while he was watching tv, got on your knees in from of him, unzipped him and just went at it???? that usually does the trick...if he turns you away, it wont be for very long!!!
    works for me every time!!

hi im available
    lol...sorry but im not! but thank so for showing interest!!! but it is the truth!! its a great way to show ur guy ur interested w/o talking and yapping!!! you want to get the party started, then you gotta give him what he likes!!!
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    OK, this is going to sound hokey, but...

Have you read, as a couple, The 5 Love Languages?

I think that should be required reading for every couple, everywhere.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    have you ever just walked up to him while he was watching tv, got on your knees in from of him, unzipped him and just went at it???? that usually does the trick...if he turns you away, it wont be for very long!!!

Me too! Works EVERY time! Once he starts complaining about being tired.. I step in and make sure he isn't for long..
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Familiarity is the biggest libido killer there is.

Are you serious? Totally opposite for my husband and I...When we were dating (a LONG time ago haha been married for 8 years now) he had a hard time because he was so nervous...after we were together for a while (aka familiar) sex was much better for us both. :) Still going strong 8 years later. ;) Being comfortable is very important sometimes. ;)

...That said maybe you need to remind your husband that he isn't the only person in the room? Good luck.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options

This would be worth a try. :) Has worked for me. :)
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just want to be held.

LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: but not the advice I think she's asking for!! :bigsmile:
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    One thing to add to this fun house -
    If he's not showing much interest, you need to make sure it's about him, NOT you. And by it, I mean everything! Do you nag a lot? Does he say yes mom, instead of yes dear? Hot or not, I wouldn't be very interested in a pain in the *kitten*. It's not all physical, except for 1 nighters with the person who's name you don't know. lol
    Men like to be the one's in control and calling the shots.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    quit feeding him
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that it is football season now. Can you wait until January?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

This would be worth a try. :) Has worked for me. :)

There was a pop song about 10 years ago, "Come Closer" by Jem. Google it.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

Maybe once a year in our marriage. 25 years married.

Once a year ?!?!?!

if 364 days pass before I get some i'm tossing myself off a building on the 365th

LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    He has high blood pressure and low testosterone.

His cardiovascular system is succumbing to the injury caused by our western diet (high fat and high carbs).

What he's experiencing is a physiological response to poor health that unknowingly leads to diminished sexual desire.

Put him on a (mostly) plant based diet that's low in fat and carbohydrates, along with testosterone therapy in some form or another, and watch EVERYTHING about him change for the better in 60 days.

Trust me...

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Try tossing his salad every once in a while
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I would say that if I am in a relationship and dont get it a minimum of 3-4 times a week there is something wrong. Try maybe some kind of pics to send to him to get him worked up during the work day or maybe getting it on in the car at a public location (one of my favs :wink: ) but maybe it has gotten to be such a routine of the same thing on his or your part. Make him have a reason to ravage you. Just my $0.02
  • athenagv
    Options

Me too! Works EVERY time! Once he starts complaining about being tired.. I step in and make sure he isn't for long..

now see....we know what to do to make him happy......and get what we want!!! :D
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

hi im available
    lol...sorry but im not! but thank so for showing interest!!! but it is the truth!! its a great way to show ur guy ur interested w/o talking and yapping!!! you want to get the party started, then you gotta give him what he likes!!!

If you read my long novel post I pretty much say the same thing. Sometimes you have to take what you want and no guy is going to turn down a bj from a beautiful woman
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to take what you want and no guy is going to turn down a bj from a beautiful woman

Or an ugly one for that matter!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    familiarity because a sex/relationship killer bothers me so bad. I hate to think that relationships wilt because of that nowadays...
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Have you considered that you're not doing it right. Sex can be exhausting sometimes if you're partner is like a starfish, lying down with limbs spread apart. If this does apply to you, you could start doing some more work.

a starfish? Wtf.....

yes, a starfish. I gotten that in the past too. I know what he means. lol.

TMI Tuesday: Last GF got the axe bc of this. A shame too, most good looking woman I was ever with but damn...it was like trying to hump a cadaver.

OMG! Almost died laughing when I read this... Some of my guy friends have informed me of the "starfish" characteristics... AND even took me to a bar where one worked to point her out - LOL!!! PS - because you're hot, you can't just do NOTHING!!! :P