Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    2irukv5jpg.gif

Lol!!
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    This is the grammar police. The words "loose" and "lose" are not the same. The word LOOSE means "not tightly fixed in place." It is an adjective. The word LOSE means "ceased to have or retain." It is a verb.

If you are talking about how you have decreased your reading on the scale, use the word LOSE (or lost.)

If you are talking about how your clothes fit, use LOOSE.

Thank you for your attention.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. And Congrats, because you are actually the ONE MILLIONTH person who has started a forum thread on this topic. YOU WiN THE INTERNET!!!!!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    While we are at it...lets discuss then and than! WOOOOO
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This is the grammar police. The words "loose" and "lose" are not the same. The word LOOSE means "not tightly fixed in place." It is an adjective. The word LOSE means "ceased to have or retain." It is a verb.

If you are talking about how you have decreased your reading on the scale, use the word LOSE (or lost.)

Thanks Sue :)
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I only hope that those who don't know which one is which actually take the time to read this thread.

It drives me crackers!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    grammarnazi_zpsc5fc5f1c.jpg

Bhaaahahahahahahahah! What drives me crazy is people that feel the need to correct other people's grammar. Who gives a rat's *kitten*?
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight, my pants get loose.
    My pet peeve too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see someone say they are loosing fat I always get images of the Stay Puft marshmallow man tearing down the street destroying things.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options

This drives me nuts, but it's not as bad as your vs you're

Your is a possessive pronoun meaning "belonging to you (singular or plural)"

You're is a contraction combining the words you + are.

yup. or their, there and they're. and it's vs its. i was a spelling bee champion in my younger years and this sort of thing drives me bananas!

on a side note, i'm sure i drive people crazy with my lack of use for the caps button. i never type in caps unless i want to EMPHASIZE something. sorry...but at least i spell good! lol!!

(hopefully i spelled everything above correctly! ahahahaha!!)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't this be more appropriate in the Chit Chat section? I can't see how a grammar lesson will provide "General Diet and Weight Loss Help".
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    hear we go again ;)
  • DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Think this is a bit of a shocking post in my opinion - have have shocking spelling and try my hardest to get it right I also have family members with several levels of dyslexia (don't know why that word is so hard to spell lol) and in my opinion if you can understand what someone is referring to then whats the problem - do you correct someones pronunciation everytime they speak? lol
    Some ppl are so petty
    (please note I did read this over several times before posting and no doubt have bits wrong)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Though I did get a bit worried when I saw the topic heading!
  • Countryboy_
    Options

Bhaaahahahahahahahah! What drives me crazy is people that feel the need to correct other people's grammar. Who gives a rat's *kitten*?

Yeah, I agree. It makes me loose my mind.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    *brings an apple to the teacher...." yes ma'am, im soowweee "
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eh, it drives me a little up the wall, but some people have legitimate issues that make them unable to spell correctly, so I just assume that everyone who makes that typo has such a problem.

Eh, I just assume their typing is as poor as mine. :ohwell:
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    When I lose weight, my pants get loose.
    My pet peeve too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why on earth would you ever freaking care?
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

Best EVER!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

Pernickety v Fussy
This discussion has been closed.