WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2012

Options

Replies

• louiesa55
    louiesa55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :happy: :flowerforyou: don't know if their a spot open sure hope so this sounds like a good place to be my goals for oct. are to walk more to start zumba class with a couple more ladies from my church and to get at a helthy weight and do it healthy
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone,

Wow Still reading all of the posts Amazing and Welcome to all of the Newbies!!:smile:

Today was a good day. Tuesday is our volunteer Day I take our clients so they can do their various volunteer duties. Always a lot of walking start at 10ish to 12:30ish for most part today the job was raking leaves, folding towels, and others we normally keep walking for the 2 hours before all of this I did it but I would be in so much pain I could barely drive home today my ankle is swollen but the pain isn't like it normally been my recovery is quicker.

@Kathy sorry you are still hurting. good for you that you didn;t give in!!

@Jane H Painting my living room my heart is set on Wedgewood Gray by Benjamin Moore. I want to paint the adjoining Dining room it is in full view of Living room / and kitchen a yellow. But having a hard time finding the right yellow to go with so thinking we will play it safe and go with Shaker Beige . :smile:

@ Dee good goals
    @Laurie impress that you still were motivate to workout even by yourself. That's hard I like going with a friend but for the most part I have Bella with me so I really don't walk by myself. Laura I like Fall Tv too. We are fans of NCIS and LA NICS. We have others. of course Football!!

@DrKatie-- Congrats on new granddaughter fun. Also I agree if you can break it up my be more doable for you. I do that sometimes 15/20 minutes morning the rest in evening.

@M Congrats on the weight loss

October Goals:

1. Pre logging the food in the morning
    2. Try 2 new recipes for the month
    3. Walking at least 35 minutes daily
    4. Being active in a thread. :wink:
    5. Find something to be grateful for daily

Thank you,

Liz:flowerforyou:
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Friend,
    I am lurking on the sideline today. My DH went out of town for a few days and left me with a huge amount of paperwork to do.:angry::ohwell:
    Today is my day off and I spent it on the phone all day. The open enrollment closes this Friday,before he left we thought it was the end of October! So, today I spent almost the entire day getting us re-enrolled in our accounts. :bigsmile:
    Now, I have to pay the bills that are due! I am going to save that fun task until tomorrow!v:noway: :noway:

I did also call the IRS today and spoke to the tax payer advocate, we are looking at things almost being done with! Then we can file 2011 taxes. The Tax payer advocate told me that if you have a refund coming to you , you have 3 years to file your taxes for that tax year. It's only if you owe money that it is due with an extension on 10-15-12. :bigsmile: So, this was good news, so we should have time to file when he gets home.:smile::smile:
    The menstrual hormones are flying around this house. Older daughter is cranky, cramps etc. So, this may help explain getting into the Halloween candy this last Sunday:explode: The candy has been in the house for a few weeks, it doesn't bother me and I don't find myself driven to it. Now, if only I could get rid of the crazy hormones, then I would not have any cravings at all!:sad: :laugh:
    Thank you all for the kind words about the loss of a friend. If work will give me the evening off, I will go to her celebration of life!:flowerforyou:
    Anyway, I need to catch up, but I did want to check in. I feel a void if I am not on here reading and chatting with my friends.:flowerforyou:
    Hope you are all having an awesome week! Blessings, Linda:heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,989 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have been reading a lot about gratitude in what many of you have to say…..gratitude is such a great tool. I write in a gratitude journal every morning and express gratitude for blessings great and small all day.

:bigsmile: I am especially grateful for all of you and your inspiring posts…..a special gold star for those of you who respond to so many individuals and make us all feel special.

:flowerforyou: Nancy, I can get up early in the morning to walk my dogs because I go to bed early, don’t work full-time, don’t have a teen-ager to care for and don’t write the long thoughtful posts that you do.

:flowerforyou: Robin, I wish you the best with your plan to give up alcohol for a time. I had my own challenges with alcohol years ago and finally gave it up.

:flowerforyou: Peggy, welcome back.

:flowerforyou: Wessecg, your net calories graph shows that you burn a lot of calories and don’t eat all the calories you “earn” from exercise……if you are losing weight, then don’t worry about it. Your food diary isn’t open so I don’t know what you’re eating, but I hope that you are eating only nutrition dense foods to be fuel for your body.

:flowerforyou: Genealace, welcome back. I have an Omron HJ-720ITC pedometer. It resets automatically at midnight, remembers your data on the pedometer for seven days and the data can be downloaded to the computer to keep track of your steps for years. I bought mine on Amazon for about seventy dollars and I love it.

:flowerforyou: We drove my friend to catch the shuttle to fly home today…..it was a great visit but it was good to be alone together again……hubby and I love our privacy. Tomorrow hubby goes salmon fishing again.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

Resolutions for October
    *yoga once a week
    *walk with hubby three times a week
    *say “OK”---be agreeable
    *stay in the moment
    *Be Barbie

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Sirloin Soup:

1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 ground cumin
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 cayenne pepper
    12 oz boneless beef sirloin steak trimme and cut into very thin bit size strips (2 cups)
    1 medium onion halved and thinly sliced
    2 14oz cans lower sodium beef broth
    1 14.5 oz can no salt added dice tomatoes undrained.
    1/4 cup light sour cream

1oz baked tortilla chips coursely crushed (2/3 cup)

Optional :
    1/2 oz of avocado halved pitted, peel and chopped or sliced.4 cup snipped fresh
    cilantro

1. medium bowl combine garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Add steak toss to coat

2. Coat unheated 4-quart nonstck dutch oven heat over medium/high. Add half of the steak strips cook for 2-4 minutes until brown remove do next half.

3. Add oil to dutchoven add sweet peppers and onion. Cook over medium heat until lightly brown and just tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to boiling stir in steak strips heat thoroughly through

4 serve into bowls add the rest as desired.

(per serving 244 cal,8 g total fat (2g sat fat)
    40 mg chol, 515 sodium, 21 g carbs. That info was include with the recipe.

From Diabetic Living.

Normally I will follow a recipe the 1st time but after that I tweek it to fit my family.

Hopefully that helps.

Liz
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @Barbie - I didn't know my diary wasn't open. I am not eating very nutritious foods. I try to follow the eat every few hours rule and end up eating more snacks than food - a lot of Quaker Cereal bars and Fiber ones, popcorn and motts fruit snacks. My meals are great, I am just uncertain how healthy these things are.

New October goal - fill my refridgerator with fruit and salad fixings!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Micki - I certainly hope that shot helps!

So many new people, I want to welcome you all

Did a DVD on the bosu today. Tomorrow will be yoga and then water aerobics. Played mahjongg this afternoon (maj'd three times!). Tonight we played Mexican Train Dominoes. There were only 10 people there, it was nice not to be so crowded. I took a sunomo salad (basically, it's quinoa and cucumbers marinated in a light dressing) and some grapes. Honestly, people bring these high fat items, my stomach would just really be talking to me if I ate a lot of the foods. And I'm not a big dessert person, so the grapes worked for me. Also had 54oz of water.

A guy from the pool company came here today to pick up the check that is part of the payment from when the concrete was poured. Why they sent him just for that and not have waited 2 or 3 days so he wouldn't have had to make a special trip is beyond me. Well, SUPPOSEDLY tomorrow a guy will be here to start the cleanup of the pool. Have senior bowling in the afternoon, hope Vince can go. Then Newcomers bowling in the evening.

jane - so sorry about your friend

jb - if you aren't a writer, you definitely should be one!

genalace - so sorry about your friend.

In a bit of a hurry tonight, but trying to at least skim the posts

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    I'm a little low on energy today. Didn't sleep well last night even though I was tired, my own fault, I know I can't drink coffee in the evening or I'll toss and turn all night, And that is exactly what I did.

Liz - your sirloin soup sounds great. I think I'll have to try that one. And your plan to paint the interior of the house is very energetic, I like the though of Wedgewood grey, it sounds so calming and elegant.

Glenda - yes, Jenneka left for Holland last evening from Toronto. Could have been the reason I was so unsettled as well. She emailed me and has landed and got to her apartment. And I went to the bus depot and picked up the 10 boxes she shipped to me for storage - lol. I know it is so exciting for her, but I'm feeling a little empty. And you're right, I'll get to visit Holland again, I haven't been there since the 70s. My heritage is Dutch but I'm adopted so have no memory of anything Dutch related (although I do seen to have a definite fondness for Sinter Klaus, Swartz Piet and ollybollen).

All the rest of you lovely ladies, I did read all the posts and congratulations to everyone who lost weight and those who posted their goals - oh yes, I'd better do that. And a new photo for the month.

Goals for September - not so good, broke my bicycle chain and didn't get it fixed. Did pretty well with the water consumption and the walking. Lost enough weight and am happy with that and some minor inches.

October goals
    Get more sleep each night – 7-8 hours
    Get up by 7 am each morning
    Every morning identify something I am looking forward to
    Declutter one cupboard or drawer each week
    Lose 3 pounds

Have a great evening ladies, and I will probably be back to myself by tomorrow.
    Lila
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

I managed to survive the negativity yesterday and even managed to spread a little positivity. Work was a lot happier by the end of the day.

I'm about to go off and get my hair done, but before I go I wanted to ask a little favour. My darling grandtwins are on a photo site and need 'likes' - would you mind a little click please?
    This is the link to Teddy (my little bear) http://www.sunbeams.co.uk/gallery/detail/6859ac45-e76e-468b-bbbb-69878ff014bf
    and this one is to Molly (my little mouse) http://www.sunbeams.co.uk/gallery/detail/bbd186f4-f3ad-4e19-91cb-696dbed6be7f

Catch up with you all later on.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • DMOMofTHREE
    DMOMofTHREE Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

I managed to survive the negativity yesterday and even managed to spread a little positivity. Work was a lot happier by the end of the day.

I'm about to go off and get my hair done, but before I go I wanted to ask a little favour. My darling grandtwins are on a photo site and need 'likes' - would you mind a little click please?
    This is the link to Teddy (my little bear) http://www.sunbeams.co.uk/gallery/detail/6859ac45-e76e-468b-bbbb-69878ff014bf
    and this one is to Molly (my little mouse) http://www.sunbeams.co.uk/gallery/detail/bbd186f4-f3ad-4e19-91cb-696dbed6be7f

Catch up with you all later on.

Love to all.
    Amanda x

Amanda, they are adorable!
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

I have been lurking the past few days with little time to post. This morning I need to share a story online and on the news last pm about an overweight news anchor in Wisconsin who received a negative e-mail basically reprimanding her due to her role model status for young girls and women. She responded on air with a poignant, dignified response and turned it around with an empowering message about bullying. If you check out MSN there is a link to it. We all have body image issues and our society has unrealistic expectations of what is normal. I am a sensitive person by nature yet very kind and compassionate. I work in the school setting where bullying is addressed on a daily basis. My mantra has always been: Bullying will never end until adult bullying does. Whether it is calling someone fat or a mother condoning her teenage sons taunting and harrassment of neighbors it is still bullying. We are all either victims or offenders. Kudos to this group for facing their challenges and showing kindness and compassion to others.

Sorry for being deep this morning but video hit a nerve with me this am. Stay strong. I admire your strength, patience and courage.

Take care,
    Carolyn
  • wessecg
    Options
    I didn't think his email was so aweful. It wasn't insulting - it was pointing out that she had an opportunity to positively influence the viewers by representing a healthier lifestyle. It is impossible to say that without referring to her weight. He didn't do it on a public forum, he sent it in a private email.

I do think that children and parents today think it's OK to be bigger than they should because of the number of overwieght people now on sitcoms and just everywhere in general. When I was a young child it was extremely rare to see an overweight child. Today one in 3 children are overweight or obese. Obesity isn't a life choice or lifestyle - it's a health problem.

Maybe he didn't need to point out the obvious to her - but he felt compelled to do something and that was his choice. We can all be supportive in our goal for a healthier life - do we have to be supportive to those who choose not to do anything? My best friend has always been a big girl - her smallest ever was a fit 175. She appears to be hovering around 400 now and she has a heart condition. I don't say anything to her, she has heard it all, but I feel so helpless. Perhaps this man felt a need to feel that he was doing something.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning!

Woke up way too early, it'll be one of those bleary-eyed days :yawn: but I'll survive. I've spent the last hour reading posts, and I must say I agree with Barbie that those of you who take the time to reply to everyone do indeed deserve a gold star! :flowerforyou:

I did find the hammer and managed to silence the radio yesterday. :laugh: I had every intention to use the same brute force on my scale this morning if it still refused to budge, but I'm happy to report it's still in one piece since it dropped 1/2 lb. :bigsmile: Good little scale, finally behaving itself. I was super careful with foods and did NOT have ice cream. Around 8:30 last night the thought crossed my mind, wanting to eat something just out of habit, not from hunger by any means. October goal is to stop that nagging nighttime snacking routine! :angry: I drank 4 glasses of water instead. :tongue:

Yesterday morning I pared what seemed like a million apples and cooked them down into sauce, adding raspberries and just a touch of sugar. Ended up canning 10 quarts. :noway: I'll give half away and put the rest up on the pantry shelf. The remaining box of (bruised and wormy) apples went into the compost bin.

Nancy, I'm hoping you'll be able to be excused from the meetings from here on out. Who needs that kind of thing!

Carolyn, you're right about bullying. People are so mean sometimes! The emotional scars can last a lifetime.

Lila, how nice to see your photo!

Laura, I'm going "fishing" (at the store) for salmon, yum!

M, WOW! Congratulations!!

Glenda, I'm tiptoeing very gently towards my birthday Saturday, lol. Might even talk myself out of having a party this year. But wait, the boysenberry brandy will be ready! haha

Michele, and others who mentioned about my writing, thanks for the compliments! I plan to write a book at some point but I'm still lacking in the confidence department. :ohwell: I kept journals for 25 years, illustrated with my pen and ink drawings. Perchance I'll meet up with a publisher one day.

Dawn is breaking, I must get moving. Wishing you all a wonderful day, and welcome to everyone new!

:smile: jb
  • cher6060
    cher6060 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just starting using myfitnesspal and found this group :) SO excited and very much enjoyed reading everyone's posts :)

I have struggle something awful with my weight since I turned 50 (now 53), sure is not as easy as it use to be. I am a stress eater and really need to learn another form of dealing with it other then food..
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello Good Morning, Welcome to another blue-sky day,

I took the Buster-the Dog for a walk last night – whoohoo. I think I’m in better shape than he is! :laugh: Mind you, his legs are about 20 cm long….

Today is open-house at school and the evening will include an announcement from the Principal on how the staff will be reassigned to make up for loosing a teacher.

I finish classes at 2:30 and open-house starts at 6:30. That gives me the opportunity to get to the gym and work up a good sweat :explode: , shower and get back in time to put on my happy face. I plan to be so full of endorphins that by the time the families arrive I’ll be on top of the world. Well, I probably will be anyway, because I enjoy meeting them. Most parents have just a couple of things in mind: “Do you like my child?” and “Is my child happy at school?”

I used to spend all kinds of time getting students to do special projects to show parents, etc. Now I’m smarter. I make sure their desks and closet shelves are tidy (it’s the first thing parents look at :noway: ) and I put on a slide show of pictures I’ve taken of the children at work and play during the first weeks of school. Voila, everyone is happy.

Mwheatcraft –Don’t worry about the fence, or the chores, consider yourself your top priority for now. Get yourself into the shape you need to be in, physically and mentally, and then tackle the rest with all that passion you have for life.:love: Tortilla chips!

JB, Sounds like your engine took on some bad fuel, :huh: better flush that gas tank and get a jump-start!

Welcome back, genealace, I’ve missed you. Pedometers are great.

Meg, What fun to have students who show their appreciation for you in such a kind way!

Speaking of passive-aggressive, that’s just the right way to describe some of my teacher colleagues. Nurses are in the same kind of job, I think. Service to people should be #1, and is probably the reason they joined the profession. A feeling of being stuck in the middle administratively – a lot of responsibility but not a lot of recognition – all that stuff. Never thought of it before.

DeeDee, Today has to be better! :flowerforyou: Stay out of the rain, OK? I think blow-drying the dog is brilliant!

Liz, sirloin soup is on my menu! Usually my boys don’t go for soup, but I think they’ll enjoy this one.

Lila, you’re beautiful. Thanks for posting your picture. Now, when we run into each other at Whitewater….

Hasta pronto,

Nancy

October goals:
    Try a different drop-in exercise class each week.
    Re-start New Rules of Lifting for Life
    Go for a walk with Buster-the-Dog four days a week
    Stay positive when folks get negative at work, surround myself with positive people.
    Count my blessings!
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! It’s a rainy, dreary day here on the East Coast, perfect setting for those of us who thought the Phillies were the team to beat this year :ohwell: . Anyway, enough about baseball – had a miserable time sleeping last night (rain), then a terrible time getting up (rain). I did it though – I love that I have someone knocking on my door at 7am to work out. I don’t know what I’m going to do when he goes back to work :sad: . Today was strength training and abs – and despite the weather after my shower I put on my clothes to go for a walk, which I will do regardless. I’m not going to melt (I haven’t so far anyway :tongue: ).

Laura, I love the fall shows too! I’m not much of a TV watcher overall (except baseball), but my daughter has hooked me on OUAT and a couple of others. I still like Grey’s, but I watch all of them at once on Hulu. I’ve been a pretty big fan of Smash too.

JaneM, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. Lung cancer is a bear. I hope you have good weather for the pumpkin patch – ah, the memories :love: .

JB, I love your metaphor of the weight loss journey as a construction project. Great writing.

Gene, I haven’t “met” you before, but welcome back :smile: . My MIL uses a pedometer and religiously measures her steps. It’s a good way to track goals.

Kathy, Good for you on getting rid of the extra baggage! Be careful with that knee.

Grammaree, welcome and good luck!

Terri, I love fall too – my favorite time of year.

Meg – congratulations on that refund! And a gift card – I hope you bought a lottery ticket yesterday too ;). I hope you get past the headache – I think I mentioned I’ve had one for a few days, but it’s finally gone, went when the rain got here. Yay for you being in the top three each week on your contest!

Glenda, I don’t think I’ve told you how much I love your picture – you look like such a wonderfully happy lady. Just wanted to say that. Good goals for October too.

Deborah, congratulations on the weight loss!

LadyBeryl, it’s great that you’re cutting down on the pain meds – just be careful that you’re not masking an injury. However, biking is a great exercise and fairly easy on the joints, so do enjoy! You’ve done great on your weight loss so far.

DeeDee, I hate technology issues – frustrating. I’m pretty good with computers, so I can find out pretty fast that it’s generally the internet provider, not me. Anyway, it sounds like you’re back on line – so good. It cracks me up that your puppy likes to have her hair dried – my dogs hated that, but my kitty loves to be dried off with a towel when he comes in.

DMOM – it sounds positive on your house sale – good luck. It’s stressful, I know, but I hope it goes smoothly for you. Thanks for the encouragement on my diet :flowerforyou: . I’m pretty good about embracing all my food choices, knowing that I’m really, really good 95% of the time. So far it’s worked out just fine – I just did the math, and in 16 ½ weeks I’ve lost 23 pounds quite steadily by just making sure I exercise almost every day and keep my calories below my outgo. It’s not a magic pill, it’s just what works.

Louis, welcome – do you have an idea what your healthy weight will be?

Liz, I can’t tell if your volunteer day was good or bad – could it be as you’re getting lighter the pressure on your ankles isn’t as much and so you’re going to be able to do more – which is awesome! So, I’m going to think you had a good day even if you wound up in pain ;).

Linda, how nice of your husband to leave you with the “fun” chores :tongue: . They’re good for that . . . but yay for the IRS news! It sounds to me like you’re being really strong and working through everything one step at a time – and that’s really all you can do. Good for you.

Barbie – such a nice post about gratitude. I’m learning a lot about it from you and all the ladies on this site – so I add my gratitude to you all. I’m glad you had a good visit with your friend too.

Wessecg, maybe at some point we can chat a bit about nutrition if you want. I’ve been studying it for some time – and I will say your goal of filling your fridge with nutritious foods is a great goal! You can PM me if you want.

Michele, what’s bosu? And Mexican Train Dominoes? My dad’s family plays dominoes all the time, but I’m sadly lacking in those games :wink: . Good for you on all the water and healthy food.

Lila, I have always been able to drink coffee whenever I want – the warmth even puts me to sleep – but as I get older I find it will occasionally upset my stomach, so that keeps me up. I only drink water in the evenings these days, and even then I have to get up to use the bathroom . . . sigh. I hope you get some sleep soon. I wanted to comment on your goal of having something to look forward to each day: I’m one of those annoying morning people, but my nature is such that the reason I pop out of bed each day without much trouble and no alarm clock is because I always have something I’m looking forward to. It may be something mundane like shopping for a dish I decided to make for dinner or getting weeding done because the weather’s supposed to be nice, but I always make it a positive, not a negative, and et voila, I’m up. The only time I don’t pop out of bed is if something is waiting for me that I don’t want to do, so I find a way to make it something I want to do, even if it’s only to get it out of the way. It helps.

Amanda, done as soon as I’m finished here. Enjoy your hair appointment!

Carolyn, that story has spread like wildfire on my FB. That man really has too much time on his hands and too much negativity.

Wessecg, his email makes the assumption that she doesn’t live a healthy lifestyle (he doesn’t know that), and he makes the point that she is being a bad example to GIRLS. He didn’t send it to the overweight male anchor, and he’s not pointing out that she is a bad influence to everyone. In fact, how is being a news reader being an influence to anyone? Are overweight people supposed to hide under a blanket of shame? I completely disagree that he had a need to do anything other than care for himself and set a positive role model for those around him. How is his sending that email doing any of that? Sorry, I don’t mean to rant at you, but that really hit a nerve. Big people know they are. What did that man hope to accomplish other than to make her feel ashamed of herself? If it was to kick-start her into making a change, he went about it the wrong way.

Anyway, odd place for me to start my day, but off I go. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and gets the most out of your place in our world.

Cheers,

M.
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Had a great day yesterday.I have to keep busy. That is the key. :flowerforyou:
  • wessecg
    Options
    I see both sides. Public figures are usually held up as role models for the same gender. Male athletes the most often. I can't wait to see how the next episodes of Biggest Loser are going to handle doing the teen segment they have coming up.
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey Jessie,

I have the same issue. My problem is that I started to gain weight after age 50 with eating the same amount of food I had in the past. Exercise is not an issue. I am in the gym and love cycle and Zumba. I even do a little weight lifting now and again, but know this has to be on a more consistent basis.

Now that I am out of denial, I am using The Pal to track my eating and reduce my portion sizes. I feel more optimistic and through a lot of prayer, I have faith that this time I will be a WINNER. :flowerforyou:

Millie
  • revpeg
    revpeg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Greetings, one and all.
    September goals went OK. I added 10 minutes to my daily walk and signed up for the pool at my PT place and, in the self-improvement category, was more mindful of being patient with my 90 year old mother. I lost a couple of pounds, but not at the rate of the previous four months. So, for October, I aim to start swimming regularly and attend at least one water aerobics class, to add five minutes to my daily walk and to figure out why the weight loss has slowed and speed it up again. On the positive side, I went to the MD and my early diabetes has reduced itself to pre-diabetes, my blood pressure is way down, my cholesterol is now healthy and my triglycerides are well within the healthy range. So, when there is a reason to rejoice, I always go ahead and rejoice.
    Hope each of you can find reasons and time for some rejoicing

Peggy