CROCKtober - break out your crock pot recipes for October!

Options

Replies

• ashley7979
    Options
    I have a huge collection of crockpot recipes. Email me and I'll send them to you. ashrum7979@hotmail.com
  • khein33
    khein33 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am new here, so I am jumping right in with a tip on crock Pot cooking, that I learned . Yall may know this all ready, I did not read all the way back in this thread.

I slice up one large onion, into about 1/4 inch slices or a little smaller. I then lay them in the bottom of the crock Pot and layer it with meat or whatever I am cooking that will hold it on the bottom until you get everything in the pot. This keeps your food from sticking to the bottom of the crockpot. Some of them cook away and you are just left with the flavoring and some of them are still there for the people who like onions over the meat or dinner, and they are delicious. You don't have to eat them you can just get rid of them, if you don't like onions. I have found even kids learn to like onions this way. :)

Reynolds have Crock Pot liners ... you can order them on Amazon.com ... they're awesome ... practically no clean up necessary :bigsmile:
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    bump
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    bump for later :smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,999 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~~~~~~~:love: just threw in a whole organic chicken...simple - salt, pepper, garlic and smoked paprika!
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    Bump, Bump, Bump
  • klawwill77
    klawwill77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • XtraNik
    XtraNik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump! ; )
  • barbbeekman
    barbbeekman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelissaSue12
    MelissaSue12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ShannaHeidelberg
    Options
    Bump! Great idea!
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump and thanks
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The easiest, no fuss thing I have made in my crockpot:

Spicy Italian Sausage, 1 jar of premade tomato sauce. I use chunky garden vegetable sauce with onions, garlic, and green peppers. ( you can add your own veggies the last 2 hours of cooking)

High on 4 hours or low on 6 hours.

I seriously never want to eat sausage cooked any other way than in a crockpot. I cant even explain how perfect the sausage was and the tomato sauce was the yummiest ever.

Last night I made London Broil with potatoes and carrots.
    Add 1 cup water, 2 cubes beef bulion, 1/4 of an onion, 2 tablespoons worcestshire sauce, and Montreal Steak seasoning. Low for 8 hours.

My apartment smelt absolutely divine. I wish I added some flour to thicken the sauce, still yummy none the less.
  • Rosannep1
    Rosannep1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious. I can't wait to try this, I love Pumpkin!
  • branflake6
    Options
    Fyi if you are making chicken in the crockpot a great idea is to ball up 3-4 balls of foil to place in the bottom of the crockpot then put the chicken on top up it, it keeps it from sitting in its own fat as it cooks but will be juicy fall off the bone, but not slimy from chicken fat
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: ALSO! After you've taken all the meat off the chicken....put bones back in, fill with water, and whatever spices / vegetables you like and cook on low overnight for homemade chicken stock! Strain in the morning and freeze in small portions.... EASY!