How to curve night time munchies?

Options

Replies

• CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    if you want to curve them, just use a curving approach when you bring it to your mouth...

if you want to CURB them...do what this dude said...

• tlheppler
    tlheppler Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to live with and like the hunger feelings, but its not easy,and I drink lots of water.
  • glynts
    glynts Posts: 11
    Options
    Snack on Almonds!
    They make you sated quickly and are natural fats so you don't gain as much weight(:
    However eat in moderation because anything in excess is never good.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I've had this issue for years. I have found hot tea stops my cravings. I don't know why or how, but it works. With that said, I was not a huge tea fan, but if it makes my life so much easier I'm developing a "taste" for it. My current favorite is vanilla carmel (it smells like cookies).
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just make sure that I have calories from my day left, then I will opt for a 100 calorie bag of popcorn, grapes or fruit, or a ww ice cream treat. That will usually do it. I usually go to bed relatively early too.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I generally pre-log my day, and it really does help. I find that with lack of planning things creep onto my diary in the evening. That being said, I do tend to leave a few more calories at the end of the day for dinner (and possibly some type of dessert). I also think that you should just try to get in the habit of thinking that the kitchen closes after dinner. Part of the reason for this is I have found that eating late at night also leaves me hungry in the morning when I wake up, so it's a double whammy - more calories at night and then maybe more calories in the morning.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I do really well during the day controlling the food I eat but come 8pm I want to eat all junk food in the house. Any ideas on how to curve this sweet/salty craving after 8pm?

Don't have them in the house. Set up your environment for success. Willpower is not enough. My husband helped me in my weight loss journey by cooperating with this and he said no snacks in the house. He decided it was better for him too and since he didn't need to lose weight he said he would go out and get a treat when he was out and about if he wanted one.

My story here --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout and here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

Best of luck to you! Bobbie

What are YOU selling??
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    have sex and pretend he is chocolate

^ LOL
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I do really well during the day controlling the food I eat but come 8pm I want to eat all junk food in the house. Any ideas on how to curve this sweet/salty craving after 8pm?

One method of tackling this would be to save some calories by eating slightly less calories during the day, so that when your 8pm craving hits, you have calorie space at which point you can just eat something and enjoy it.

This works very well for me also.
  • juhinr5690
    Options
    I have my protein shakes at night to crave my night time sweet tooth, no sugar and protein keeps you full! and also, sounds annoying, but hit the bed early! If you sleep early, you won't have to worry about eating junk at night :)
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    For the "sweet" craving I've been having frozen grapes. They are sweet, cold, taste like a treat and take awhile to eat.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Lots of water! I splash a little 100% cranberry juice or tart cherry juice in my water for a little flavor (and calories), but it helps with my cravings throughout the day.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole bag of pop secret butter popcorn at night for 180 calories.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I go to bed early , once the cravings start around 2-3am I know its time to sleep =) sleep = no munchies
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Same here.

I found that 1) I don't keep food in the house that I don't want to eat (junk?), 2) I do a cardio workout at about 7:00 and that kills my appatite until my 10:00 bed time, and 3) If i have to munch I eat lean protein to satisfy my hunger better.

Maybe some of these things will apply to your situation.

Good luck.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Stop hitting the bong so much? Kidding ;)

Eat a more filling meal that is high in protein for dinner to promote extended feelings of fullness. When you get the urge to munch drink a cup of hot water or tea, if you're still hungry afterwards have a light munch. Like string cheese. Etc.
  • auctionmaestra
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings has an entire line of fruit teas--my favorite is the cherry tea. Make a pot of that (it's not caffeinated) and, if you want it sweeter (it's naturally sweet), add some splenda. Sip it--it's great. Or, eat a piece of fruit, fresh or cook some fruit (an apple, heat orange slices on a nonstick pan, open some water packed plums and heat them up. Hot is great for filling you up. Good luck.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth helps me but on those nights I really want something, Rice cakes. Most of them are under 100 calories (the chocolate ones are only 60!) and normally I will snack on one and that helps me feel satisfied without the guilt.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    if you want to curve them, just use a curving approach when you bring it to your mouth...

if you want to CURB them...do what this dude said...
    1) Don't buy them.
    2) More self control/discipline.

This. The word is "curb" not "curve". It really has to do with not keeping those foods in the house or available to yourself and simply changing habits. Make sure you are eating a good breakfast with plenty of protein and don't skip meals. Eating processed food will cause you to continue to crave processed food. You have to break the cycle.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Don't have them in the house. Set up your environment for success. Willpower is not enough. My husband helped me in my weight loss journey by cooperating with this and he said no snacks in the house. He decided it was better for him too and since he didn't need to lose weight he said he would go out and get a treat when he was out and about if he wanted one.

My story here --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout and here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

Best of luck to you! Bobbie

What are YOU selling??

I have been wondering the same thing! You KEEP linking that "story" in your posts. MFP is not meant for self promotion.