10 questions about your WEDDING...

Options

Replies

• EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan?

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned?

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up?

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)?

5. What season was your wedding in?

6. What time of day and day of the week was it?

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out?

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it?

9. What were your colors?

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which?

1)I was engaged 8 months so procrastinated and got most of the planning done in 3 months
    2)I know it was less than $5000. Honestly from everything from the dress food cake table cloths programs everything was probably.. around 3-5 thousand.
    3)150 invited, 125 showed
    4) A friend made "oreo cake balls" and made one white like the "bride" and one black like the "groom" and put them in little baggies and placed them on their place at the table
    5)June 30th
    6) 4pm on saturday. If you plan it earlier in the day you can serve finger foods instead of a meal which can save a TON of money. We spent $300 total on fruit cheeses crackers and things like that
    7)The flowers. They got messed up they were not the ones we ordered. But at the end of the day.. on my wedding day I didnt give a rip about the mess up because all I could think about was marrying my best friend!!
    8) Probably decorations haha. If I could re do it I would probably give more towards spending on bills etc practical things that came up after the wedding day
    9) Main colors were: Peacock blue, a light turquoise, and white, with accents of pinks oranges and yellows in the flowers, and burlap in decorations to give it a "country vintage shabby chic feel"
    10) Yes!! so many! We made our own programs, arranged our own flowers, prepared our own food... Im trying to remember what else. The biggest tip I can give you is that if you are trying to save money: Get your friends and family involved in the wedding! Delegate different jobs to different people. People love to help with weddings! My creative friend basically did all my decorations flowers party favor... The day before my wedding my bridal party put all the decorations up so I didnt have to worry about it, and after the wedding was over all my "young college friends" cleaned up after the wedding and it probably took them 30 mins so my parents didnt have to worry about it
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? A year-ish

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Around 3k including photographer, cake, etc. It was what we expected.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 100/75

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? We gave out kisses with sayings.

5. What season was your wedding in? Winter

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday in the morning.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Would have been nice if the photographers had everyone look at one of them, not half looking at each ;)

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Biggest splurge was the honeymoon and yes!

9. What were your colors? Burgundy and forest green (and silver)

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Yes! Centerpieces were handpicked *****willows and pinecones. The tables all had hand turned wooden bowls (by my father) filled with chex mix we made. Also, my bouquet was a pinecone bouquet that I made with led lights.
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I got married two weeks after high school graduation and was 4 months pregnant FYI

1, How long did you plan? 3 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? maybe 3000 total including EVERYTHING

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 70 invited 50 showed

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? uhhhhhhh...... Does the rice count???

5. What season was your wedding in? May, which in OKlahoma is basically summer weather

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? afternoon Saturday

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? My hubs played the guitar while I walked down, the sound person didn't get the right microphones turned on so it was hard to hear

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? We got huge real flower arrangments for the front of the church. They wee beautiful. Also we spurged on the cake. The lady that did it was actually on the food network and won some contest.

9. What were your colors? like a minty soft green (it's hard to describe) and light pink.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? LOL EVERYTHING did you see my budget?!?!?! My mom sewed my dress and the brides maid dresses and the flower girl dress. We made all the flower decorations and boquets and all the table decorations. All the decor was hand made. We did rent tuxes and had the cake made.
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 2 years
    2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? $10,000

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 175/125

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? had matches, but forgot them!!!

5. What season was your wedding in? Late spring/Early summer (may 30)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday afternoon 4pm

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? NOT A THING

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Honeymoon-absolutely!!

9. What were your colors? Red/Black/White

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Fake Flowers, large picture mat guestbook, friend did appetizers, went through hubbys work to get invites and tuxes cheaper than it would be if we didn't
  • Terrymichelle
    Terrymichelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    *10 Months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned?
    * I believe around 10K. We thought it would be somewhere around that.

*100 I think, Around 75

*Candy

*Spring Outside ceremony indoor reception

*I think around 4pm Saturday

*Nothing, its perfect because of all the things it was.

*Alcohol!!! This is essential for a fun wedding I believe. Even if it can't be an full open bar, we did beer and wine and cash bar for liquor

9. What were your colors? Light pink and Tiffany Blue

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Table Decorations, Bridesmaid Flowers(MIL did them). I think it was worth it! Saved money and NO one really cares about the table decorations, don't go too crazy!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Been married for 4 years now!

1, How long did you plan? We were engaged in March 2007, married July 2008

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Under $5000, start to finish

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 150/150

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Chocolate suckers. I made them, and used the different colored chocolate wafers

5. What season was your wedding in? Summer

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday, 2pm

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? The drinks at the reception. I asked for apple juice. they served tomato juice (eeeww)

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? $2000 for my photographer. He was worth every penny!

9. What were your colors? Lilac and silver

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? I made my programs, bridesmaids flowers, favors, some decorations, centerpieces (candles on square plates surrounded by Skittles!) I did my own makeup - the place that was "the BEST!" made me look like a clown the week before my wedding.
  • feather314
    Options
    About two years. Hubby's sister was also engaged and planning at the same time. We didn't want to get married the same year so we spaced things out.

Total was about $7,000 ($3,000 gift from husband's parents and we paid for the rest ourselves)

150+, just over 100-120 I think

Personalized boxes filled with Hershey Minitaure candy bars. Mr Goodbars are the husbands favorite.

Fall (November)

Saturday at 2pm

The place - my original planner quit in the middle of planning and I basically had to start over - had to repick the linens, the food, the set up, etc. Things did turn out fine but it was hectic for a while.

The dress ($1,000) and the bar. Yep, definitely worth it. Oh and the honeymoon if you're counting that (not included in the total price noted in question 2).

Ivory, gold, and burgundy. The flowers also had touches of orange.

I made the programs, the candle holders (we had remembrance candles), I bought plain guest books, cake cutters, etc and decorated them myself, I ordered personalized boxes for the favors but put them together and decorated them myself. My mom made my veil and money apron. We also went without the typical printed napkins, matchbooks, cake bags, etc.

All in all, I love the way it turned out. Perfect for where we were in our life at the time.
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? It will be about 14 months when it's all said and done

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? looking at around 20k....about what we expected

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? inviting 130, hoping it will be closer to 100

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? We're getting the 80s neon sunglasses and having our names and wedding date printed on the side.

5. What season was your wedding in? Spring/Summer (May)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday at 6:30pm

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Ask me in May....so far everything seems to be going pretty well

-Having an event company to handle almost everything. And yes it is beyond worth it. Our wedding is going to be in FL, and we're planning it from CO. The only time we will have before the day of, will be next month when we're there for another wedding. Time is super-cramped and we're just trying to get as much done as we can. Plus they coordinate everything for you and you don't have to worry about anything but showing up. :)
    -Upgraded alcohol for the bar....and yes, it will be so worth it lol
    -Photobooth :)
    -honeymoon to Costa Rica....and hell yes it will be awesome! :)

9. What were your colors? Black and a deep red with pops of cream colored flowers

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Invitations....that's about it.
  • carolina_brandy
    Options
    10 months

I budgeted $5,000 and ending up spending about $6,000

I had a destination wedding at the beach and Invited 50 to the wedding and about 30 showed up...
    I had a big reception back @ home a week later and invited 175 and about 120 showed up...

No favors but I did give away my centerpieces....

It was the end of September

Wedding was a Saturday @ 6:00 at the beach which was right at sunset... the sky was the most beautiful shade of pink in my pictures!
    Reception was the next Saturday @ 7:00pm

I wish I would have had a professional photographer and videographer at the wedding.... I did at the reception...

For the wedding - I paid for a DJ to set up on the beach cause I LOVE music plus I sang to my husband as a surprise and I
    paid for my hair stylist to come to the beach and do mine, my moms, my mother in law and my bridesmaids hair.... SO worth it!

For the reception - Food and Alcohol and Yes, worth it...the party rocked!

Burgundy and White

The only real DIY was I had someone with a polaroid camera taking pics of guests as they arrived, then the guest signed the bottom of their picture and that was my guest book!
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? -- A year.

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? -- Around $1,500, maybe less.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? -- 50 invited, 30 showed. I knew this would happen as my family is from out of state.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? -- N/A

5. What season was your wedding in? -- Fall

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? -- 10 AM Friday (This day and time shaved 1/2 off the venue price - botanical gardens)

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? -- I would have pushed more for a private beach wedding or eloping. My husband wanted his family and friends there.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? -- Dress, $400. It was actually a bridesmaid's dress. Price includes alterations.

9. What were your colors? -- Light blue dress, no other designated colors.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? -- If so, which? N/A

We skimped and saved for a year. We splurged on the honeymoon and kept the wedding simple. Everything was paid for, nothing on credit.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 12 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? We agreed a budget, saved hard and pretty much stuck to it.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 70 for the wedding breakfast and they all came, and then about another 30 for the evening party.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Little packets of love hearts

5. What season was your wedding in? Summer (June in the UK)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday 1pm

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Nothing at all!

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? The venue and it was perfect

9. What were your colors? Purples

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? We didn't have a wedding planner but other than that no diy projects - we both work full time and didn't want to stress out any more than necessary!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 12-13 mos

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Approx. 10 grand

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? mabye 150 invites, 120 showed up

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? We donated money to the American Cancer society in memory of my grandmother and typed up decorative scrolls to indicate this and left them on everyones plate

5. What season was your wedding in? Fall

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saterday evening 5pm

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Make it earlier in year, (warmer) It was cold and rainy

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Well the thing that cost the most was the hall, which was worth it. The photographer was expensive and not worth it. We have opened our album like twice.

9. What were your colors? the bridesmaids wore a sage green and the flowers were light peachish

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? My mom made the baskets to put the envelopes in, the centerpieces, and my aunt made the wedding cake
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? married 1 year after engagement

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? $8,000 (Less than expected)

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 100/70ppl showed up

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Mini tea pots (Alice in wonderland themed)

5. What season was your wedding in? Fall (Oct 31st) DId not realize this date would save us $2,000 :)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Friday/evening

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Would have only had one bridesmaid-My only sister

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Venue/Open bar and the photographer-YES and DEF YES!

9. What were your colors? Black and fuschia

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Yes. My wedding veil,my make up,center pieces,candy bar,decorations and helped my chef make my wedding cake
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan?6 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? $3700 CAD this included our honeymoon and rings

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up?35 invited/33 showed up

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Handmade soap

5. What season was your wedding in?Early Spring (April)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it?Saturday at 2pm

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? I'd have waited a month for better weather

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Our honeymoon (Quebec City)

9. What were your colors? Cobalt blue, silver and cream

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Our invitations, favours, thank you notes, reception food, music was all DIY
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 1 year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? $22,000 (we budgeted 25,000!)

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 285/250

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? We gave out terrible towels (to wave as we came out of the church)....obviously we live in Pittsburgh

5. What season was your wedding in? Summer

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Friday evening

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Our DJ sucked ... I would have picked someone else

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Our reception venue ....and yes, it was absolutely worth it!

9. What were your colors? Black and ivory

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Nope
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Please keep in mind, mine was 19 years ago

1, How long did you plan? 6 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? 5K yes

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 75, 50 showed up

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? minature picture frames and matchbooks

5. What season was your wedding in? Spring

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Friday evening

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Too short!

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? videographer and dj, yes it was worth it. I still have people telling me to this day that we had the best dj

9. What were your colors? Ivory, Black and peach accents

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? I made my veil. I also went to bridal shows and won calligraphy for my invitations and the tuxes for the groomsmen.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? About 25 minutes.

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? $85 including rings, license, and blood tests.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? My son. As if he had a choice. He was 4.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Darth Vader figure.

5. What season was your wedding in? Hot!!!

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Dinnertime on a Wed.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? I would have objected and ran like hell.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Honeymoon at Dairy Queen. Yes.

9. What were your colors? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What color were my jeans?

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? No.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    1. How long did you plan? Thought we'd have 13 months, turned out to be six weeks (he was in the Marines & got notice that he was being shipped overseas).

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Around $3,000, including dress, food, venue, etc. We got lucky that the AWESOME location on San Diego bay where we wanted to get married was ridiculously cheap: $35. And since the venue was beautiful on its own, and I'm not a huge fan of flowers and fluffy stuff, (we just had the requisite boquets & corsages, very minimal decor flowers) we really didn't need to spend much on decor. On top of that, he wore his Dress Blues, so we had a beautiful wedding and reception on the cheap. Didn't feel cheap, though.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? Invited 50, 50 showed up.

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Nope.

5. What season was your wedding in? Fall (October)

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? 10:00 a.m. on Friday.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? My husband's grandparents missed the turnoff and drove into Mexico, and totally missed the wedding. Would have liked to have had them there. Oh, and wouldn't have let my sister-in-law stay with me and my bridesmaid the night before. UGH.

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Probably my dress... and YES. But really, it wasn't that much. Most of the money went toward our honeymoon.

9. What were your colors? Black and Red

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Does hand-stuffing the invites count? That and our family did a lot of the setup of food. We had it catered, but it was more of a delivery service than a waited event.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? ! year

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? less than 7k and that was including accommodation for 22 guests

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 29

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? almonds

5. What season was your wedding in?Winter

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday 3pm

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? My little boy not being poorly or baby rushed to hospital a week before hand

8.Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? The accommodation and well worth it

9. What were your colors? Green and gold

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Yes Almonds
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1, How long did you plan? 6 months

2. How much did you spend? (sorry if that's personal) Was this more/less than you planned? Around $15,000...but that DOES include our honeymoon, which was about $6,500.

3. How many people were invited/ how many showed up? 250 invited,150 attended. (my husband's half of the guest list was mostly out-of-town relatives.)

4. What did you give out for favors (if you had them)? Personalized matchboxes. We kind of like fire. lol.

5. What season was your wedding in? Early spring.

6. What time of day and day of the week was it? Saturday afternoon at 3:00.

7. 1 thing you would change about the way it turned out? Absolutely nothing. My wedding day was the most perfect day of my life so far! :)

8. Biggest splurge (financially)? Was it worth it? Our honeymoon - 10 days in Australia! Without a doubt...it was the coolest trip ever!

9. What were your colors? Dark purple, lavender, silver & black.

10. Did you do any DIY project to save money? If so, which? Our centerpieces.