Are you excited or dreading Thanksgiving Holiday?

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat all the food. Then, I'm going to all the food some more. And then more.

And I'm not going to care. I'm going to enjoy every single bit of it.
  • greatdanebabies
    Options
    I can't wait! It is my favorite holiday. I do all the cooking including the pies. Everyone comes over and we all have a great time enjoying each others company! The only difference this year is I will be measuring and logging what I eat. I plan to eat all the things I like just in moderation. I will make this my so called cheat day and maybe go over 400-600 calories but no more. I'm not going to feel guilty and not enjoy the day.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat all the things!!!!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!!!!

I love all the Thanksgiving food, like corn casserole, green bean casserole with those crispy fried onions on top, mashed potatoes, rolls, dressing, cranberries, candied yams, I may even eat a couple bites of turkey, plus pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust, maybe some apple pie too. YUM. A couple days of indulging isn't going to completely derail my progress! I will just amp up the intensity of my workouts that week to help offset the foods. I don't believe in restricting on the holidays. :)
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Since I have been exercising and eating healthy, I've been dreading it. Even for my birthday, I wasn't looking forward to it cause of cake and everything.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Excited! We always travel out of state to visit family. Last year I tried to find a Turkey Trot to run, couldn't find one so I just committed to running my own before everyone was out of bed. I am probably just as excited by shopping on Black Friday too--I'm fairly certain that burns some calories and we are too busy to eat much!
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who just posted in this thread about running/signing up for a race. You just inspired me to sign up for a 10K on Thanksgiving morning. Great idea everyone!
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Not really worried about the eating part, just very excited to be home and hopefully in some peace and quiet. LOL
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Dreading it. It's depressing to be surrounded by food, much of which is unhealthy, and around people, many of whom have given up on their health and don't care if you ruin yours too. It often sets off a cycle of pigging out for me.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Not really worried about the eating part, just very excited to be home and hopefully in some peace and quiet. LOL

You're fortunate. Thanksgiving often means that I have to endure people in whom I have no interest. That's stressful and boring.
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest problem is going to be not stuffing myself everyday for the who month of Novemeber December and January with all the leftovers I get stuck with. Going to have to start working out a little more every day and portion control the heck out of my food!! Definetley looking forward to it though!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Of course I am. I make stretch pants sexy.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    I will be heading to my Sister in Law's for Thanksgiving. She has 5 kids under 5yrs old. LOL So Im sure I will be busy running around after them to burn something off. But it will be a great time to try out my willpower on second helpings. Eating slower and enjoying the food will definitely help.

As for Christmas, my family is a bit different. Rather than repeat the same meals in December as we did on turkey day, we do a Christmas Brunch with yummy breakfast foods. That way if you have other plans for the day,. you arent eating two dinner meals. I really like it and because its Florida and beautiful most of the year, we grill burgers and dogs for those that stick around for the rest of the day.

It will be fun times but I will be certain to log everything. :smile:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It's exciting. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Holidays are a part of life. If you can't deal with holidays then you're not on a plan you can live with.

^^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^^

I am going to eat and log it like everyday. I am going to try to hit my macros just like everyday. I may eat more than normal. I may even stuff my face. I am not going to dread it, I'm going to embrace that turkey and those sweet taters right before I stuf them in my pie hole.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I read a great quote last year, and it's my take on holidays. "If you watch what you eat from New Year's to Christmas.. you don't need to worry about what you eat from Christmas to New Years". I'll add Thanksgiving to that as well. I usually do pretty good staying within my calories, but special dinners for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.. I enjoy the treats that are only available during that time. Funny thing is, when I go into with that attitude.. my numbers aren't that crazy when I close out the day.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm excited. Ima go hard in the paint. Go hard on the stuffing. The ham. The rolls. The bird. Whatever. But I know Ima pay the cost to eat like a boss, so it's all good!

^EXACTLY
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So EXCITED! I don't live near any of my family and I can't wait to show off to my sister and niece my weight loss (they are on here too) and see theirs. We walk and work out together and enjoy our dinner with no guilt. My sister ensures the favorites are there and healthy choices are in abundance. Its going to be a wonderful day!
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Neither really. I very much enjoy the variety of food we make for Thanksgiving, but I don't look forward to it or anything. I've never dreaded it either. I don't understand that part.

We do a small thing with just the two of us, usually. Some years we've went to a friend's house or had single soldier friends over if they weren't going home to visit. But again, nothing to be excited about. Pleasant, but not a source of thrills.

More, I'm looking forward to the day *before* Thanksgiving as that's when my husband and I celebrate the day we became friends. It's a floating holiday like Thanksgiving, since "the day before Thanksgiving" is when we met. We always have the same meal: pretend duck with orange sauce (Because before we went veg we had real duck in orange sauce each year), broccoli, and rice pilaf. We spend the day together if we can doing something special, then we have dinner by candle light that night.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Dreading it. It's depressing to be surrounded by food, much of which is unhealthy, and around people, many of whom have given up on their health and don't care if you ruin yours too. It often sets off a cycle of pigging out for me.

My hope for you is that this year you can be the inspiration to them that we can be thankful with out being over-indulgent and take our health in our own hands and make the changes.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I am excited. My wife and I will be taking the HD to the Keys and staying all weekend, no other family, just her and I. Drinking eating and partying. I cant wait