Wha do you eat for Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    0% fat greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of granola and maybe a teaspoon of honey. Keeps me filled. Or fruit (banana and apple). Try not to exceed 400 calories at breakfast.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have Lindt 85% dark chocolate (five ingredients)
    Sometimes I have a few eggs with some Kerrygold butter and salt.
    Sometimes I have eggs with some Hormel 'uncured' bacon (even uncured meat products are cured - just with celery juice/poweder - a natural nitrate/nitrite).

Sometimes just a huge cup of coffee with some heavy whipping cream. Sometimes I put full fat coconut milk in it.

Sometimes is just a whole can of full fat coconut milk with unflavored whey protein (NOW Superfoods makes a good one).

But I'm rarely hungry in the early morning. I usually eat pretty late the night before and I eat big at dinner. I only eat when my body tells me to.

I used to eat oatmeal and a large apple for breakfast. I would be starving and shaking like leaf 90 minutes later (blood sugar crash). Yet 2 or 3 eggs with some butter and salt will keep me full for quite a while. And no blood sugar crash. Even the healthiest version of the standard american diet (calorie-restricted) had me hungry every 2 hours. Protein and fat will keep you satisfied, satiated, and full of energy all day.

And I couldn't care less about calories. I've been tracking my calorie burn for a year and a half and CI/CO apparently doesn't apply to me (my body cares more about what I'm putting in it, not how much and besides, the body uses protein (amino acids) and fat (fatty acids) for repair and maintenance - not energy so you can't even count those calories (a calorie is a unit of energy only). 70-75% of my daily calories as FAT baby!!
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, and protein bars. Easy and filling!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Cereal (original)
    Skim Milk
    1 splenda packet to spice it up a bit
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake when i wake up before i do anything.

then 30 mins later 3 eggs and 4 pc of turkey bacon on 100 cal sandwich thins.
  • KerryPayne
    KerryPayne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Either 2 slices wholemeal toast w/peanut butter and jam, oatmeal with half a banana and some brown sugar or poached/scrambled eggs on toast. I sometimes need the protein as I don't always stay full for long even with the oatmeal.
    It can be a lot of Cals but I find I need to eat more in the early part of the day and can with less in the evening normally.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    boring old Weet-bix with trim milk and no sugar . . . i heat it in the microwave so it's all sloppy - love it!!!!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Make steel cuts oats in the crockpot the night before. It's off the hook delicious and filling.
    1 cup steel cut oats
    4 cups water and 1/2 cup milk product if you want to make it a little creamier
    (half and half, almond milk, milk, or just more water)
    1 cup raisins or any dried fruit you like
    1 peeled and chopped up apple
    2 cinnamon sticks or cinnamon spice.
    Mix it all in a greased crockpot and put on low for about 8 hrs.
    Okay to stir it if you get up.

Makes 4 one cup servings at 309 calories a bowl (made with the 1/2 cup half and half)
    Reheat the rest in the following morning.
    Though I also eat it cold, and eat it for dessert with fat free redi whip, yum yum yum.
    Good with almonds on top, banana, unsweetnened coconut, any nuts or fruit...
    you can add brown sugar, maple syrup whatever sweetener but I don't think it needs it at all.
  • lotidah
    Options
    Old fashioned oats with a Tbsp of dried cranberries or raisens with a spash of milk and dash cinnamon, . sweetened with stevia, with 1/2 Banana or chopped apple.
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If I could, I'd go to Sam's and buy another box of Jimmy Dean D'Lite's turkey sausage, egg and cheese muffins. Holy crap those are delicious. (now I'm sad I dont have them. Not getting them at Sam's costs $7.50 for a box of 4 instead of $12 for 12!)

But since I don't have a Sam's membership or a chest freezer anymore, I normally eat an english muffin with natural peanut butter and a banana...I make it a sandwich and bring it on the road with me. The dogs normally get the part of the banana that won't fit on my muffin.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    16oz Chobani peach greek yogurt
  • brandnewstartx0x0
    Options
    I work at McDonald's at 5am, 5 or 6 days a week. We have oatmeal at McDonald's so I eat the oatmeal with brown sugar from my work. Its easy and soo much healthier than eating a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit every morning lol. I used to skip breakfest because I felt like it didn't matter and it was important, but now that I eat breakfest I'm losing more weight.
  • frj85
    frj85 Posts: 62
    Options
    Dont really care for beakfast foods, so my breakfast usually consist of left over supper or lunch food
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1) Overnight oatmeal, 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit, 1 oz almonds, coffee, 184 g egg whites, and 1 scoop whey protein

2) Overnight barley, 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit, 1 oz almonds, coffee, 184 g egg whites, and 1 scoop whey protein

3) 1 cup cooked beans, 1 container nonfat greek yogurt, grapefruit, 1 oz almonds, coffee, 184 g egg whites
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cheddar rice cakes. My body demands salt.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Toasted Orowheat double-fiber muffin with an egg and morning-star veggie sausage patty on it. Also drink my low cal iced mocha which is a tablespoon of light Hershey's syrup, a shot of espresso, and a cup or so of almond-coconut milk.
  • mimiluci07
    Options
    i usually eat a bowl of cereal special K.... sometimes oatmeal.... my breakfast i keep it simple bc i never was a breakfast eater.... but they say if u wanna lose weight eating breakfast is key! =)
  • BethsBodyBattle
    Options
    On weekends I eat a banana with Honey Nut Cheerios...sweet & crunchy..

During the week, either oatmeal or grits & a fruit cup...
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Dont really care for beakfast foods, so my breakfast usually consist of left over supper or lunch food

Exactly! Love my 2 lunches and 1 dinner (plus snacks)! It is really quick to reheat leftovers or make a sandwich.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    During the week, 1 cup of cottage cheese and an apple or a cup of berries.
    Weekends I usually have a couple eggs and toast or an omelet.