Wha do you eat for Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Protien "shake": almond milk, frozen berries, half a banana, protein powder, sometime flax and/or chia seeds.
    Sometimes I add a spoon of PB or use rice/cow/soy milk.
  • helaurin
    helaurin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    special K cereal (the high protein version) - sometimes with a bit of fruit (like banana) mixed in and skim milk. Helps keep me going. I'll usually either bring a yogurt to work as a snack in case I feel hungry OR some fruit - grapes lately have been my thing.

Occasionally, I'll have one or two eggs, a whole-grain slice of bread and sometimes a couple slices of lean turkey bacon - that tends to be more of a weekend breakfast when I know I'll be doing yardwork or house maintenance of some sort (like cleaning off the roof of the house).
  • venman
    venman Posts: 1
    Options
    Post-workout, I have 1 cup of milk and whey protein (chocolate).
    Right before I leave for work, I make myself a smoothie with:
    1cup orange juice
    1 frozen banana
    5 frozen strawberries
    1TSP blue agave honey

The post-workout protein & carbs handles the catabolic phase of my workout to ensure my body doesn't cannibalize muscle.
    The fruit smoothie gives me potassium for sore muscles and complex carbs to make it through til lunch.

Still losing inches, but not weight. I'm happy with that.
  • holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do not eat breakfast due to the fact that I am currently doing IF but when I did I had egg whites with plain oates. Gave me my protein and the oates kept me full.
  • helaurin
    helaurin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If I could, I'd go to Sam's and buy another box of Jimmy Dean D'Lite's turkey sausage, egg and cheese muffins. Holy crap those are delicious. (now I'm sad I dont have them. Not getting them at Sam's costs $7.50 for a box of 4 instead of $12 for 12!)

But since I don't have a Sam's membership or a chest freezer anymore, I normally eat an english muffin with natural peanut butter and a banana...I make it a sandwich and bring it on the road with me. The dogs normally get the part of the banana that won't fit on my muffin.

Your dogs eat bananas? Mine will pick it up to taste it and they literally spit it out :( Yet, they'll hunt a field mice down in the yard and two crunches and it's down a gullet!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I do a mix of buckwheat groats, amaranth and millet with apple and cinnamon.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is

3 eggs scrambled
    2 pieces whole wheat toast with butter (I pat per slice)
    2 full slices of BACON (there is no such thing as turkey bacon)
    1 Chobani fruit on the bottom yogurt
    2 cups of coffee with a level teaspoon of sugar each.

Horrible you say? OMG!!

Lunch usually is

8oz +/- Raw Carrots
    8oz +/- Raw Celery
    8oz +/- Raw Bell Peppers
    A can of Chunk white albacore in water, a can of Wild caught Alaska Salmon, a roasted chicken drumstick, or any other small portion of protein I have left over from a previous dinner

Dinner tonight is

2 Roasted Chicken Thighs Skin on
    1/2 a plain baked potato
    2 cups of steamed broccoli cuts
    2 Cups of Spinach Arugula salad with 1/2 of a cucumber.

In between meal snacks are an apple or banana

It all balances out in the end and I am usually 100-300 calories under my goal due to daily exercise without feeling hungry .
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1 cup oatmeanl
    1 cup egg whites
    salsa
  • Jozie236
    Jozie236 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One egg microwaved on a small saucer for 60 seconds, a slice of ezekiel's bread, artichoke spread or cheese, and a leaf or two of romaine lettuce. I usually eat it as I am walking out the door. It's fast and delicious.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Coffee. I have a piece of fruit mid afternoon when I wake up. Most of my calories are for dinner and lunch.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    During the week:

Quaker real medleys...they make them in about 6 different flavors

Today I had summer berry..yumm

Some days, I mix a smoothie with berries and almond milk. I also enjoy the overnight oats (a few others have mentioned that).

On the weekend:

A couple eggs with sausage or bacon, biscuits and gravy or toast, sometimes fried potatoes (small portion)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple and natural. Whole wheat toast with a tbsp of natural peanut butter and a piece of fruit. Or, 2 egg whites, a cup of oatmeal (not instant), and a 1/2 cup berries. I often drink black tea with a splash of organic skim milk. If I need any of these things sweetened, I use stevia.

I lost my first 35 pounds doing nothing other than eliminating white bread, sugar, and processed foods from my diet. I also swear by organic milk. If we're not supposed to breast feed babies when we're on medication, then why do we drink milk from a cow that has been on antibiotics or steroids? If something has a lot of chemicals in it to make it less caloric, forget it.
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When I have it oat meal rasin and spice with coffee. But lately just coffee...I don't eat lunch till 11 or so
  • Chopper88
    Options
    Oatmeal - yum with two bananas and 32oz of water.
    if I get sick of oatmeal i'll eat shredded wheat with two bananas.
  • Grizzly_Mike
    Options
    I eat 1 cup of egg whites on 2 pieces of Whole Wheat bread or Quaker Oats (maple and brown sugar is my favorite)
  • vulp1x
    vulp1x Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Porridge, mini breakfast 'quiches' (eggs, almond milk, veges baked in muffin tins - so good!).

Today I had porridge with cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and apples. Delicious, tastes almost like dessert, yet 300 calories and totally nutritious!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Whatever strikes my fancy. This morning I had half an acorn squash topped with lean soft taco filling (beef, cheese, onions) from dinner last night.

For cereals, I like muesli and various types of granola, although they tend to be high calorie so I pair them with nonfat yogurt and fresh fruit and usually only have half a serving of the granola.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Everything is open to being eaten for breakfast.
    Lately, its been steamed squash
    Homemade salsa
    scrambled eggs
    greek yogurt
    sometimes granola

There's some great cereals in Target.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Sometimes Steel Cut Oats (with brown sugar and chia seeds) anss MorningStar Breakfast Sausage.

Sometimees a whole grain mini bagel with low fat flavored cream cheese- but that is rare.
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    I few ideas -

Thomas Original English Muffin with Laughing Cow Cinnamon Creme (1 wedge)

Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt - peach is my fave

Pb/butterscotch smoothie -
    8 oz Silk unsweetened almond milk
    1 tbsp sugar free butterscotch instant pudding
    2 tbsp PB2 (or1 tbsp Jif natural pb)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    8-10 ice cubes

1 egg with 5 tbsp liquid egg whites scrambled top with 1 slice of Sargentos thin sliced cheese. Season with salt & pepper.

Hope these help! :flowerforyou: