Wha do you eat for Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2 egg white, 1 wheat waffle with sugar free syrup, coffee with sugar free vanilla creamer - LIKE CLOCKWORK!!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Egg in the nest (sometimes with some pesto)! Or a wheat english muffin with either plain or philadelphia garden veggie cream cheese! And always a homemade iced soy latte on the side :D

Adding one more thing that my aunt introduced me to, that I haven't had in awhile, but a scramble with sauteed chard and garlic. NOMZZZZZ
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Weekdays it's a Visuals shake with Spinach and BlueBerries.

Weekends it's usually scrambled eggs, brown toast, butter (mmm... butter) and maybe skillet bacon. Otherwise if there is no meat, I'll just make a veggie omelet.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Generally, I prefer a dry breakast, so have nutrigrain cereal & milk biscuits, or belvita biscuits, with a banana. They tend to keep my mind off of food for alot longer than anything 'wet', i.e. yoghurt, buttered toast, cereal with milk.
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a banana, 2TBS of almond butter on arnolds thin sandwich bread toasted and it holds me until lunch. Can take in the car if running late
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Raisin bran, and cantaloupe (sometimes an apple).

I know may people saw cereal doesn't fill them up but I don't seem to have that problem... in fact most days I don't get a chance to eat again until 4:00 ish, and I still don't get hungry very often. I think it's because I drink a lot of water.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, most healthy cereals do taste like cardboard. Most are highly processed or very high in sugar. Ones like Kashi aren't too bad, but they tend to be very high in calories so not really great if you're counting calories. Trader Joe's sells some puffed wheat sweetened with a little agave, which I like quite a bit since it's relatively low in sugar and calories. Sometimes I really like bran flakes or chex with some fruit and milk though.

My breakfast is almost always oatmeal. I love it. So much variety, low in calories, keeps me full. I tend to like sweeter breakfasts, so I don't really eat eggs and the like for breakfast a whole lot.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Make my own muesli and have it with natural yogurt. The muesli on it's own is 195 calories and very tasty.
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    coffee with So Delicious coconut creamer and usually oatmeal sweetened with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. I'm starting to add a fried egg with one extra egg white as well because I need more protein and less carbs in my pre-pre-prediabetic diet. :)
  • Devoted2Fitness
    Options
    3 hard boiled eggs, no yolk
    replace the yolk with a small scoop of peanut butter
    1 cup of green tea, 1/4 tsp honey

354 calories
    21 grams protein
    17 grams carbs
    24 grams fat

Protein is needed in the morning to make you feel full longer; it really helps! 24 g of fat may seem like a lot but it's from the peanut butter. It's good fat!
  • Leahkaleidoscope
    Options
    all inklusive cereal, o% fat milk, coffee, and apple.
  • oxbowguy
    oxbowguy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Smoothie most mornings, some combo of; strawberries, bananas, blueberries, mango, pineapple, fruit juice, milk/yogurt. Mix it up with an egg & cheese on English muffin or oatmeal once or twice a week. Smoothies do leave me hungry by 11 AM when I have them at 7, a light snack pushes me through past noon.
  • Lisamb757
    Lisamb757 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Better oats oatmeal! It has flax. Kinda high in sugar though. I think I am going to buy flax oil and just put that in regular oatmeal!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    egg whites and salsa in a whole wheat wrap. yummers!
  • webcray
    webcray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i try to mix it up. Eggs-bacon-Bagel, oatmeal-molasses,, cereal-with fruit. Whatever i am in the mood for that day. Remember breakfast is your most important meal. Supposed to eat like a King.
  • holographic
    Options
    Normally oats with dry fruit ( slow release ) and milk
    Perhaps some apple juice or orange juice
    Coffee x 2 ( 1 sugar in each )

Maybe some toast with peanut butter an hour or two later ( again slow release )
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do a morningstar farms grilled chik pattie and a sargento chedder jack cheese stick or a whole wheat english muffin w/ 1tbsp of light philly strawberry cream cheese or fruit.

Cereal wise - cheerios are decent and they come in a ton of flavors. You can also add fruit or granola to spice it up a bit.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Eggs, sometimes with a little cheese. A ww mini pita with pb.
    Sometimes coffee with skim milk, sometimes just the skim milk.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    usually a granola.. but,unfortunatly,im out of them at the moment.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I never waste my breakfast on cereal. I highly suggest protein in the morning, it will stick with you better.

If you won't have a lot of time in the morning I would suggest plain greek yogurt then add your own favorite fruits to it.

What I usually have is eggs, links and a protein coffee. EGGS are seriously a power food!