30lbs
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    got my first comments at 25 lbs.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I've always heard you have to lose about 10% of your weight before people start noticing, and this has held true for me in the past. Normally, around 30 lbs people start noticing for me.
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It was about 25 lbs but I'm 5'10" so it also works the other way too. I have to gain about 20-25 lbs before people notice!!!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've always heard about 10% of body weight lost before most people begin to notice. It seems to hold true in my life.
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm so happy I started this. Y'all do look great. <-- I'm from NC y'all Is a word! I'm proud of every one
    of you and keep up the good work!
  • TabathaAnn8
    Options
    People are always telling me I've lost weight, even when I've gained. I don't know if they just wish I would lose weight so it's like wishful thinking on their part or if my weight fluctuates so much it makes me look different all the time. OR could be the clothes I wear. Weird. I think sometimes people don't say anything because they are afraid (for who knows why) that they will offend you or hurt your feelings... Maybe you just work/hang with some oblivious peeps!
  • FRTrimmer
    Options
    My friends are mostly male, they wouldn't notice if I shaved off all my hair.
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have gotten three weight loss comments this week...13lbs down...under five ft so it shows a bit faster on me.
  • madblondebint
    madblondebint Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs and no one has noticed, my husband says I look better, he is the only person who knows I am trying to lose weight.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Here is my take. In the world we live in people are afraid to offend so unless I know they have lost weight I do not ask just the same as telling someone congrats on being pregnant only to find out they aren't. Don't take it personally and know you are making these changes for yourself to grace the world with your presence for many years to come.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I lost 30+ pounds and no one noticed. Then I lost no more weight for three months and began working out. Even though my weight didn't change, everyone noticed once my actual body fat percentage started dropping (I assume I was losing lean muscle along with fat when I originally lost).
  • diva246
    Options
    Ignore rude co-workers !! I have confided in a couple of mine that I am trying to lose and they are so supportive of my efforts. Many will notice a loss but won't say. 18lbs is a great achievement !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!