WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2012

Options

Replies

• Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well, I just came in from cleaning up the jewelry studio, I have a group of ladies coming up from Hilton Head, to shop and make a day of it. One of them bought earring from me at a show I did in May and her friend liked them so much that they all want them now. So next Thursday, I have a small show in my studio. Wow it was messy. I am a pack rat, I have started to learn that I can't do that, so I bit the bullet and threw stuff away. I threw away the recorder I had since 4th grade, I let my youngest use it and he bit it and damage the reed. I was so mad. Wow I just realized I hauled that thing around for 46 years. I'm a nut.

I ate breakfast this morning, but don't feel like eating lunch, I will wait and eat in a little while before zumba. Tigress
  • glendalight
    glendalight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yay! I woke up this morning at 6:30 with the realization that I had not been awake once during the night! Bliss!!

Lila -I think I may have to adopt your more sleep goal. Since surgery, I have been having trouble waking up in the morning and bedtime seems to be reeping more and more towards midnight. Hmm, maybe the two are connected! I chuckled at your love of licorice - you truly are Dutch!:laugh: It seems people either love it or hate it!
    Have a fantastic weekend on the island - such a beautiful place and it sounds like some good family time as well!:smile:

Kathy - I tried water zumba while I was in Mexico. the instructor was fantastic (another vacationer) and it was so much fun when I realized no one could tell if I was doing it correctly under the water:wink: Sorry you are in pain from your session. I did the same thing with exercise last week! slow and steady....

Terri - the dinner party went well. It was a fun group of 30 year olds and we laughed and talked at the table until 10:30!:happy: I don't think bed happened until midnight.....It might explain my disastrous early morning the next day:embarassed:

Robin - I love your name for the month - Sober October. good for you to tackle this - stay strong and reap the benefits!

Jen - It sounds like you have had some good experiences with goal setting and accomplishing them. It will give you strength for future goals - now go resist those sweets! You can do it!!

Barbie - How wonderful to have this ongoing supply of fresh caught salmon! Okay, I am slightly jealous:tongue:

Micki - Bon voyage. Have a marvellous time on your trip to Israel. Soak in all the wonderful experiences there and enjoy the wonderful mediterranean diet! Wish I were tagging along.:cry:

jb - Tzatziki:happy: is a mediterranean/greek condiment - made with greek yogourt, grated cucumber and garlic. It is great on pitas, with veggies and is quite low calorie. Mine is 50 calories for 2 Tbsp - not bad for a dip.

Deborah - the pumpkin trifle sounds quite wonderful!! Let me know if you try it. and how is the pie recipe different from a regular pie?
    I laughed when I read your comment about my morning fiasco!! NO! I don't like living on the edge - in fact, far from it. I like my ducks all lined up and marching in tight formation (Okay, I have made progress in loosening up and being more flexible:laugh: ) But I do HATE to be late and unprepared!:smile:

mwheatcraft - well, living in a more northerly climate, I can't afford to totally cocoon in colder weather but I must admit the motivation does lag a bit once it gets cooler. I still like to be out if possible and sometimes get a walk in, or even bettter,some snowshoeing in the mountains!! We will see how commited I am to the morning aquacise class when it gets cold. I just don't like heading out into the freezing weather with damp body and wet hair!:grumble:

It's time for me to go do some things here. I have to prepare a talk for tonight for a group of young moms that I volunteer with.

Thanks for all your encouraging comments and suggestions ladies. Your successes are motivation for me to keep on!
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hope you don't mind if I join you. I just turned 50 last month and began my weight loss journey last November. I have been looking for friends who have more in common with me and I think this is a good place to start. I didn't meet my weight loss goals for September and I hope to improve in October.

I seem to have so much trouble with my sodium intake. I think that is where I am getting hung up.

Plus I have been really feeling low since I fell short of my goals last month.

Thanks for reading...
    Jolene
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Teri:smile: hope you got to enjoy sitting in the sunshine while having your tea yesterday!!! It's supposed to rain here again on Sunday:cry: , and bring in a cold front:sad: .

Jen:smile: sounds like you're doing things right, changing one thing at a time, sticking with it and then adding something else, yay!!!

Gail:smile: yay for meeting your Sept. goals!!!

Barbie:smile: hope you and Jake have a wonderful weekend!!!

Micki:smile: have a wonderful time on your trip!!! Will be awaiting the details of your adventure!!!

JaneMartin:smile: more grandma time with Violet...YAY!!! Happy birthday to your daughter:flowerforyou: !!!

Lila:smile: Happy Thanksgiving!!! Enjoy the time with your family!!!

Lynn:smile: wow, you were busy getting all that done!!! I bet it looks great!

Tigress:smile: Glad you got a good report from the eye Dr.!!!

SallyCC:smile: glad you're feeling a bit better, take care of yourself:flowerforyou: !

M:smile: it was warm and humid here yesterday too:grumble: . I was soaked after my morning walk! Today is much better:bigsmile: ! I forgot my asparagus last night, remembered it when I went to click my food diary:ohwell: .

Kathy:smile: OUCH....baby steps, it's amazing and sometimes painful how our bodies let us know when we've overdone things!!!

Jb:smile: almost rid of those 3 lbs. YAY!!! Thanks for the recipe, it's very similar to how I prepare sea bass, so yummy. I add a bit of garlic to the melted butter:love: .

Genealace:smile: are you making a lace scarf? Enjoy your walk in the mall!

Cheryl:smile: 952 calories for snacks:noway: , what are you eating??? I could probably do that too:blushing: !!!

Lin:smile: hope you get to feeling better soon:flowerforyou: !!! Get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids!!!

Stardancer:smile: how wonderful you'll have some healthy choices at your Thanksgiving get together! Happy Thanksgiving!!! How wonderful your pants and undies are falling down:laugh: , it feels great doesn't it!!!

Deborah:smile: Hope you're having a fabulous time shopping!!!

Gini:smile: Where have you been????:huh:

Meg:smile: glad DD1 is okay!!! It's wonderful you found a victory in the chaos!!!

Robin:smile: Tap away, great exercise and keeps you busy!!! You can do it!!!!l

Glenda:smile: Yay for a good night sleep!!!!

Jolene:smile: Welcome to the group:flowerforyou: !!! Don`t beat yourself up for not meeting your goals last month, just start again right now! Plan out your food for the day, and stick with your plan...You can do this!!!

The sun is shining...finally!!!! Had a nice walk this morning, although it was still cloudy then, not quite as humid as yesterday so that was good. Noel enjoyed her walk after I finished mine, that adds 30 more minutes on my time:bigsmile:!!! I bought a new mop today, a Bona floor care system for hardwood floors, my floors have lost a lot of the shine, and it's annoying me something awful. I'm ready to have them refinished and a friend told me to try this first, so I'm looking forward to mopping later tonight! However it will have to wait till after dinner, I'm going to eat Mexican out tonight:love: , I've already logged my food and I still have a few extra calories left!!! Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!!!

Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm back!:smile: Hopefully, I'll have a few minutes of piece and quiet to catch up with all of you!

Linda- Glad you got good news from the tax advocate! I too feel a void if I'm not reading/posting here daily!

Liz-Sirloin soup recipe sounds yummy and might actually be something DH might eat! I will have to try this!

Lila- Glad you DD make it safely! My DS moved away last Oct., so I can relate to the empty feeling but how wonderful that you
    have a trip to Holland to look forward too!

JB-That's quite an accomplishment-journaling for so long And how neat that you do drawing with them also! ! My mother kept
    journals for years and a trunk full of them were handed down to my DD after my mom passed several years back, so she will always have them to treasure!

Nancy-Sounds like you had a great plan for a successful open house! You're students are lucky to have such a caring teacher!

Glenda-The coupons you mentioned are a great alternative to candy! When my DS was little and went trick or treating, the first
    thing he would tell people is that he was allergic to chocolate. He usually came home with quite a lot of change! Also,
    congrats on the good night sleep!:drinker:

Laura and Robin-Hope you're both feeling better!

Teri -No results yet for DD but maybe that's not all bad.

Meg-Glad you're DD was okay after the accident! A few months back my stepdaughter flipped her car into a ditch swerving to miss
    another car! The car was totalled but she was ok outside of whiplash and bruises. The kicker was that she could have braked
    instead of speeding up and it wouldn't have happened. We were so glad she was ok after seeing her car that we couldn't really
    blame her but after the insurance ruled it her fault and her insurance went up, think she realized that it was time to be a safer
    driver.

Sally-I hope you're feeling better also! How thoughtful of you to give your ticket to a friend!

Barbie-Hope you have a great time on your weekend getaway!

Micki-Hope the shot kicks in so you can really enjoy your trip!

JB-Congrats on the loss!

Lin-Sorry you;re not feeling well also!

Stardancer-Happy Thanksgiving!

Tigress-If you're a nut, I am also!:laugh: I too have things that I've "hauled around" for years that I'm finally letting go of!

DeeDee-Enjoy your Mexican dinner (I love Mexican) and let us know how the floor care system worked for you!

Welcome newcomers-you will love this thread! :heart: I know I do!

Times up for now but please know even if I didn't post to you individually, I read everything and share your ups and downs!

Kathy
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Meg, good that your daughter was safe; making her responsible for the repairs was a good move.

Jen, it’s been so long since I even tried knitting I am fairly certain you would not want to wear my attempts.

Michele, you are one busy lady! Bowling sounds like such fun.

Sally, glad to read this day has found you feeling better.

Gail, you have a full month of goals & if you met them in September then October should go well for you.

Micki, may you enjoy your October trip to the Holy Land; great time of the year to travel. One day I will go to the Holy Land.

Jane, sounds like a wonderful time was had for you and Violet. I love spending special times with mine.

Sasha, may you be blessed with a Happy Thanksgiving (8th) even though you may not see until you return the blessing is sent. I hope you don’t have too much work to take away from your holiday.

Amanda, may your travels be safe that you get to enjoy the Monkey World wedding and your grand twins.

Lynn, sounds like you have a plan to get your house ready. I’m doing well just getting mine “winterized”.

Tigress, my husband tends to want to interrupt my typing too especially if he thinks I am engrossed in whatever it is that I am doing. I used to be able to type and talk but that skill is dwindling.

M, the one advantage of the word document is that you only type it once.

Kathy, you are right – it should be over easy on the exercise. Don’t we all love to confuse the two?! I sure hope your daughter doesn’t have to wait much longer for her results; that can be stressful enough.

Jb, way to go on the loss – awesome! I know what you mean about sabotaging our efforts. I can do well only for a while then it’s like I have to mess up my efforts. I like to think that it is because I work better under stress and if it is going smoothly for very long there’s not enough effort put into…lol. I hope the sauce turned out well.

Genealace, sounds like that scarf may turn out to be a wrap but if it keeps the hands busy it must be good. Are you knitting or crocheting?

Cheryl, I prefer snacks too – working on that! I’m been doing a bit more cooking only my husband’s diet doesn’t sync with mine and he is unwavering – beef and potatoes!

Lin, sorry to hear that you are under the weather; I do hope you recover quickly.

Stardancer, cool that the clothes are telling the story. I noticed a slight change in mine but not enough to get excited yet. For you some Thanksgiving shopping may be in order. Enjoy your holiday.

Deborah, I am so not ready for the cold and rain yet we are expecting some our way over the weekend. I hope it is mild. October is typically our month to celebrate the break from the heat. Happy Shopping too!

Thanks for the recipe, jb I’d have to drop the cayenne though.

Meg, my crock pot cooking is mostly simple things like a roast or a chicken. I don’t know why I don’t use it more as it’s such a great way to cook.

Robin, hope the boss walked right on by and your day was peaceful.

Glenda, good to hear your dinner party went so well; hope the talk to the moms goes as well.

Welcome, Jolene to the group and the all the best on your October goals.

DeeDee, I did get to have my tea yesterday. Today my husband brought one home for me. And you must really want that shine if you are looking forward to mopping. Sure hope it brings the shine out.

As for me, I am feeling better every day and this cold of nearly 3 weeks is about to be history. I still have some lingering congestion. Once I know it’s all gone I will be there for a flu shot. I don’t want any more cold or flu for a long time. Somehow it always finds me.

So far I have managed to hold on to my weight loss from last week (4+lbs). I have a women’s league (non-profit group that does community charity) this evening so that should help. I can usually resist the snacks there. I was hoping to be further ahead on my October steps challenge than I am as I don’t want to be at the end of the month needing a huge number of steps. Disciplining me is taking a real effort.

Well, I’m out of here – good to chat with you all; may you have a wonderful evening with your loved ones.

:flowerforyou: Teri
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'll be leaving for Mexico on Saturday morning, so probably won't be checking in until after my return -- I'll be sorry to miss all of the posts. I've been reading up on breaking plateaus, and see that changing up calories or exercise are good options. I've decided to take the vacation time off from dieting, and see what that does for me. We usually eat pretty well, but don't do a lot of fruits and veggies down there because of getting ill from the water that washes them (this has happened to me many times, and can really ruin the trip). Anyway, we eat fairly healthy there and walk a tremendous amount, so that should mix things up.

Before I go, I'd like to wish all of our Canadian friends a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Glendalight -- It sounds like you had quite a Wednesday morning. I'm impressed that you managed all of that and still got there on time!

Laura80111 -- I hope that the dizziness has gone away by now. Is mineres similar to vertigo? If so, did you know that there is a physical therapy manipulation that can make it go away? I've had severe vertigo twice, and this can "cure" it in about 5 minutes. The real problem is the two weeks that Kaiser usually makes me wait to get the appointment.

Meg -- It sounds like a step in the right direction that DD took the car in. It's great that she's learning responsibility! When I was around 10 years old, I backed my Dad's truck into the house. I had decided to turn it on, and didn't understand about clutches and gears (still don't!). The truck got a huge dent, but fortunately didn't didn't break the picture windows. There was actually a grill mark in the sideboards of the house.

Sallycc -- I'm sure it was frustrating to miss author's night, but I'm glad that someone got to use your ticket. Elizabeth Berg has written to our book club a couple of times, and we've served her shrimp recipe. :smile: :smile: I have hosted an author reception for Polly Letofsky, who wrote "3 mph." I'd highly recommend it to everyone! Polly is the first woman to walk around the world. She spent 5 years walking and raised money for breast cancer awareness in each country, leaving the money there. She is a great writer and the book is wonderful! You can get in on amazon.com or even from the library. :smile: :smile:

Lila -- That's terrific that she is going to build a gym near you! I don't have one close to me at all.

Mwheatcraft54 -- My daughter is moving to Spokane, WA. It's my husband's fault, as one of the conditions he set for her marriage was that her husband had to be in graduate school, making something of himself. We thought he'd get into law school here, but instead he's going to Gonzaga. Even though I don't see her every day, here I know that I can. It's going to be hard not having her near .... I guess I'll be spending a lot more time flying to Spokane. I'm thinking at least every 3 months.

Kathyszoo -- I hope your daughter is okay!! I'm sorry that you're still battling so much pain -- easing off on the exercise while you heal sounds like a good plan.

Stardancer -- LOL! Isn't that a great problem to have? I wish my pants would fall off (although maybe not in public!)

Deborah -- Shopping has always been one of my favorite activities, as well! I don't work with my husband, but I do keep his books. Now that I decided to have a late-life career (real estate), I don't have as much time and sometimes let it pile up for several months -- not a good thing!

Tigress -- I read your post mentioning your jewelry studio. Do you make jewelry, and if so, what kind? I had an on-line jewelry company specializing in high karat gold -- 18k white and 22k yellow gold jewelry. I've put it on the back burner the past few years while I focus on real estate, but I still have a safe deposit box full of inventory. The only reason that my husband hasn't killed me is that gold has tripled in value since I bought it!

Jane
  • 4thoseiluv
    4thoseiluv Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Teri, this is the third house I will have sold in the past 15 years. The other two sold within 10 days. I get my house all painted and all the little repairs done that have been accumulating, then the house looks great and I have to move.:frown: This time though I have a seven year old grandson to deal with. He doesn't like his routine disrupted so getting out when a showing is scheduled will be a challenge.

Where are you moving to? We'll be starting to set the stage for selling home some time next year before we make our move the the coast. I'm dreading going through all the things we've collected over the years and never use!
  • 4thoseiluv
    Options
    I'll be leaving for Mexico on Saturday morning, so probably won't be checking in until after my return -- I'll be sorry to miss all of the posts. I've been reading up on breaking plateaus, and see that changing up calories or exercise are good options. I've decided to take the vacation time off from dieting, and see what that does for me. We usually eat pretty well, but don't do a lot of fruits and veggies down there because of getting ill from the water that washes them (this has happened to me many times, and can really ruin the trip). Anyway, we eat fairly healthy there and walk a tremendous amount, so that should mix things up.

Before I go, I'd like to wish all of our Canadian friends a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Jane, where in Mexico will you be staying? We went to the Mayan Riviera in early May for two weeks and took my DD, SIL, and the little ones with us. We all had a blast!! :glasses: Are you staying on a resort? We've never had a problem eating anything on the resort. It's when you wander off for sight seeing that the problems start to happen.:grumble: Any resort we've ever stayed at uses nothing but bottled water. :drinker: I guess they can't afford to lose clientele; after all, touristry is their bread and butter! Have a safe fun trip!

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes.

Deborah:flowerforyou:
  • 4thoseiluv
    Options

Deborah:smile: Hope you're having a fabulous time shopping!!!

DeeDee, I just LOVE Mexican food, I have to watch the sodium though, so I make it at home quite often. Shopping was great, lots of new stores and boutiques opening up in WEM, and they're doing renos on the water park and some of the other main attractions. Did a lot of walking and browsing, but only bought a nice deep purple long-sleeved top (@ 30% off)! Always happy for a sale...

Deborah:flowerforyou:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy OCTOBER, Dear Ladies!

WOW! How did it get here??? I have tried to read and catch up but must say I scanned a lot to catch up. Got back to SC early Monday morning and have been playing catch-up and also just struggling not be a slug! Going from the crisp mountain air to dreary humid-overcast days has left me....well...like a slug. I just want to sleep and not do anything. I also just don't like the things I need to get done. Enough of that! I DID get my sorry self out the door this morning for a very brisk walk and some other exercise to try to shake myself out of my funk! It worked for a bit. Tomorrow the sun is supposed to show up and that should help.

My Goals for the new month:

Act the way I want to feel
    Put out my water allotment each morning
    Go with my husband in the boat more often
    Count my blessings, every day

Take care, Dear friends:heart: I count you as one of my blessings! Kackie
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Had a great day today.Went on a bus with 20 + seniors to see the change of leaves at a state park.Hubby went with.
    We laughed and ate and enjoyed each others company.
    Hubby starts orientation tomorrow.
    Have a good night.
    HUGS
    jane m
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Sally and Lin - feel better fast! You reminded me that my sinuses are just starting to act up, not real bad, but I took a Sudafed anyway just to hopefully ward off a sinus attack.

You know, I really can't explain it, but I've felt sort of "yuk" because I was doing baking etc. Then it rained so I wasn't doing any baking. Felt so much better when I wasn't tasting the cookie dough, etc. I really can't explain it, but I just felt so much better. Did make some applesauce cookies and chocolate chip cookies (used applesauce for 1/2 the oil since I had applesauce that I got on sale with a coupon). I really don't want to make anything else, at least not right now.

Well, Justin (the general contractor), Timmy (his son), and two Mexican workers were here today along with the "wife" of one of them. The reason "wife" is in quotes is because I understand that she's married, just not living with her husband. Hosea isn't her husband. But she's a nice gal. Anyway, I did the LaLo fit DVD, then saw everyone then went to the crochet class. I did find out a good way to finish off the placemats I made. Truthfully, I'll probably work on them right now only at crochet class since I'll be making these plastic canvas coasters for a friend for Christmas. I figure I'll give her and her husband the coasters along with a bottle of wine. Anyway, when I came home Nancy (the "wife) was here so I invited her into the house. Well, we were talking, and it seems that Hosea was just standing around. That surprises me, because he's such a hard worker. I only hope he wasn't feeling "well, she's supposed to be here for me, and what is she (the "Wife", Nancy) doing....sitting in the house with that lady. After they left we talked to Justin and I told him that I really hoped it wasn't my fault that Hosea got an "attitude". Justin said "Nancy should stay home". Now she did mention to me that they had gone to another pool installation, and how boring it was for her. Well, on one hand she does translate for Hosea. On the other hand, he needs to know the importance of learning English and not depending on others. Also, in one sense Nancy is a distraction for him and with her in the house, he couldn't be distracted. I still hope it wasn't because of me. If I had anything to do with it, maybe Hosea getting an "attitude" was just putting off the inevitable. Maybe he would have gotten an "attitude" at another job.

Anyway, made cookies for the guys tomorrow. I understand that there could be as few as three here, maybe 5 doing the rest of the pipe work and cleanup. Oh, today they found that a pipe they had laid down so that the concrete could be poured was really now under the concrete. Was Justin mad!!! To top it off, the guy who poured the concrete is on vacation this week. While I was at crochet, it appears that Justin dug some of the dirt under the concrete and pushed that pipe thru. Problem COULD come up in that the dirt under that part of the concrete now isn't as tightly packed as it was before, so possibly it could crack there. Well, time will tell. But Vince took A LOT of pictures documenting the fact that the pipe was under the concrete.

We also found out that when they put the stakes in the ground for the forms for the concrete, the guys told Vince that they found a pipe so they asked him if the concrete should be poured a little bit over. However...they never said anything about "oh by the way, we punctured a hole in the pipe." Justin had to fix that.

barbie - how wonderful of you to be substituting. I'm not much of a coffee drinker. I will have it when I'm out, but never make it myself. Or I should say, never make it for me. I have made it for other people, but I really follow the quantities of coffee and water on the bag!!! Have a great weekend.

Christmas Eve is a real biggie for me. Really, it doesn't matter to me not to have any other holiday, as long as I have Christmas Eve. Well, Jessica just called, seemed she'd saved up some of her vacation time to be down here and then help us take down the christmas decorations. She was just told that she'll only be paid for 1/2 of her accumulated vacation (which is 8 weeks) if she doesn't take it by the end of the year, but her boss just told her that she can't take vacation. She offered to drive down here on the 23rd and go back on the 24th. At first I said that we'll just skip Midnight Mass so she can get some sleep. But then I felt really guilty asking her to drive all this way to be here maybe 48 hours. Since she does come here around once/month, I told her that I was OK with having it the following week. But I would like Denise to be here. I know that Bryan won't, and Denise never makes any attempt to come here at any other time, I guess I'm feeling that that's the least she can do. Also, she spends every other holiday with that family, she can spend at least one with us. So it looks to me like right now we'll be having two christmases.

Lila - how wonderful that you're going to be getting an exercise place!!!!

Lynn - Vince and I went to college (waaaayyyy back when) in Boston. You really don't need a car there. We were there when (like I said, it was waaayyy back when) the Hancock Building was first built before they had to replace all the glass.

tigress - I had an eye MD appt Tuesday and they dilated my eyes, too. Does your MD have the reversing drops? Your eyes are back to normal in about an hour or two with them. Admitted, at first they burn a bit (but so do the drops that dilate your eyes), but it's so worth it. When I went last time, I was told they had been discontinued. But they had them this time. Guess it's because when they make up a batch, the drops have a short shelf life so if they don't have any made up, they say it's been "discontinued". I guess what they really mean is discontinued at the MD office, not by the manufacturer. Anyway, next time see if you can get those.

Tomorrow I'll do 30 min of HIIT on the elliptical and then 30 min of speed intervals on the treadmill.

Going to skim people's diaries for ideas for breakfast tomorrow

Found this recipe for pork and bean soup with kale. I already have all the ingredients then I remembered about Barbie's soup! Now I could kick myself. Well, I will probably be stopping at the store on Sat. and I think squash is on sale so I'll probably buy it, make the soup, and keep it in the freezer. Don't ask me where because that part I haven't figured out yet. Just that it'll go into the freezer. Plus, I do need to make the pork bean soup and put that in the freezer. Which reminds me, I got 2 spaghetti squash, I really should be roasting them.

Jessica has already mentioned about having Thanksgiving at her place. I just know from past experience that there will be lots that she'll want me to bring up and she'll be expecting me to make desserts. I have a recipe for a pretty good (calorie-wise) sweet potato casserole that I will probably wind up making, in addition to other things

stardancer - woohoo on the underwear falling down too. What a wonderful feeling, huh?

Deborah - I love to shop too, but I love to shop for things that are on sale, and hopefully I have a coupon for! We're putting in a new pool/spa. I've posted pics of the pool when it was 1/2 way constructed, I'll post another when it's closer to being completed.

Meg - I've already used the pool. We didn't have the spa or the waterslide or the decking, but we had a pool with water in it. It was HOT in August, so thru the mud I trudged. But it was worth it! One of the reasons I never used the garage fridge in our other house and don't have one in this house is because I know me, I'd buy something on sale, put it in the garage fridge, and promptly forget it was there!

Robin - YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I'm pulling for ya

jolene - come by often!

DeeDee - what kind of floors do you have? We have hadwood (light wood) and it seems to show up every little piece of dirt. In one sense, that's probably good for me as I keep bending down to get a tiny speck of dirt all day!

Teri - my husband's diet doesn't work with mine, either. Give him fatty foods and he's happy. Only that's not what he gets, he gets it when he goes out to eat. Sometimes I bake some biscuits and keep them in the freezer just for him or something that he'll eat. Like I'll probably make something for him and I'll have my soup.

Speaking of the crock pot, there's a cook book called "Fit It and Forget it Lightly" that has recipes with the calorie counts etc. for crock pot meals.

Jane - have a great trip!

kackie - welcome home!!!

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Jane-to answer you I make wire sculpture jewelry. I use 14kt gold filled and sterling silver, you can look at it @ www.dragonsfiredesigns.com I have to update the web site next week. Tigress
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    About to go to bed and pray that I wake up weighing anything less than 169.8!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to edit what shows on your home page? Honestly, I'm not really all that interested in what exercise someone did or if someone logged in for x days, but I really do like looking at others menus. Gives me some really good ideas.

Michele
  • texasgal22
    Options
    Michele, I think the individual makes the choice whether or not to display number of days logged in. Exercise comes with the diary if they did any. I don't know of any filters on the homepage. Looking at food diaries does give me some new ideas too.
  • texasgal22
    Options
    About to go to bed and pray that I wake up weighing anything less than 169.8!!!!

Haha...I hope you wake up weighing less too. Tomorrow is my weigh day too so I have the same hope - to weigh less. I'm still a long ways from 169.8 but I'll be there one day.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Good Evening! I was so tired last night I went to bed at 9ish slept till my alarm went off this morning. Today was a fun day took another trip to the Idaho Botanical Garden lots of fresh air and walking. The afterschool went to the mall fall a bit off of my plan there. We always walk round they get to pick favorite stops See's is one. Went in all love the free sample. They pass me one to give to a client they thought they missed but it turn out they didn't . Of course they started to agrue who get the extra piece so without batting an eye I go me and ate it. It taste yummy so much so I wanted a 2nd, 3rd, etc didn't but i am still thinking of it.

@Lin and @Sally sorry you aren't feeling well hope you feel better soon.
    @Michele - good for you planning healthy things for Thanksgiving.
    @Jane have a good trip
    @Lila sounds great getting an exercise place
    @Cheryl-- I hope the scale moves in the direction you want.

I know I am missing people again sorry my mind is blank. Question I have my MFP set to loose 2lbs a week part of loose 100lbs in a year thats the goal. Its been going great overall but lately I have been so hungry staying under but its not easy but I know this journey isn't going to be. Keep thinking maybe I need to adjust my settings but not sure. I am sure this will pass.

My biggest fear is to slip back to the old me. ohwell that's enough sorry bout this. Hoping everyone has a good night.

Liz
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to edit what shows on your home page? Honestly, I'm not really all that interested in what exercise someone did or if someone logged in for x days, but I really do like looking at others menus. Gives me some really good ideas.

Michele
    Michele, the only thing you can do is to hide the newsfeed from your friends. It won't remove the friend but you won't see any of their comments or exercise info unless you specifically go to their profile page, which is also where you'll have to go to view their food diaries. You can "hide" friend's newsfeeds by clicking over to the right side of your friend's comments where it says Hide. You can "unhide" or "hide" on your Friends list page, too.