WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2012

Replies

• jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Good evening lovely ladies--

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. We've had Mission's Conference every night so I haven't had time to post much.

Thank you to everyone who asked about my hip. I did get a corisone shot on Tuesday. They said it might be sore for up to 5 days which would be Saturday which is perfect as we leave early Saturday morning to go to DS's. #2 grandson has an early soccer game so we will have to leave by 5:30 AM to get there in time.

To those who have asked about our trip - On Sunday DH is doing music as DS's church. After lunch DS will take us to St. Louis to catch our plane to Chicago. We will meet up with the rest of our local group for the ride to Chicago. We will meet up with the rest of our tour group, including my sister, in Chicago. From there will fly to Amman Jordan to begin our much awaited trip to the Holy Land. I'm sure I will have much to share when I get back.

Since we've been so busy, I haven't had time to pack yet (although I do have MY stuff pulled and ready to go in the suitcase.)

I will try to read all the posts and hopefully have time for another post before we leave.

Since I will be gone for a couple weeks and not able to log :cry: my October goal is to enjoy my trip and try to keep my eating under control.

I'm praying for those with health issues and who have family and friends with health issues.

I love all the positive responses and support we give each other.

I will miss you all but I will be back. Please don't unfriend me.

Keep up the good work and don't forget to :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Micki
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    HI!All.Had a blast with Violet yesterday.Weather was beautiful.Started at the park,then went to the pumpkin patch,then to the birthday party.Took her home and she and grandma were both tired.She didn`t want me to leave.Those of you who have been around,know we lived with my son,DIL and Violet for 6 months.She still misses us.DIL,says we`ll have to schedule more grandma time,made me feel better.
    Daughter turned 16 today.Had a fun day going to get her fav food,Mexican and she got to go shopping with a friend and got her shoes for homecoming.
    Tomorrow hubby and I are going with a church group to Starved rock to see the changing leaves.Hubby hasn`t gotten a call for orientation and no one answers the phone.We are on call and can`t make plans.
    Hope everyone is doing good.
    Hugs
    jane
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Good evening all, I’m sure it will be morning before quite a few of you read this, so happy Thursday too. I’ve been working some pretty long hours right now due to a very short staffed office, but I’m off to visit my family for Thanksgiving at 9:00 am tomorrow morning. Bad news is that I am taking some work with me. Oh well, I’m babysitting my grand niece on Saturday night so after bedtime I will plan some work time for me. Also the 2 hours both ways on the ferry can be productive too.

Barbie – Sasha was my little fox terrier that I had for a few years, lovely little dog and just wanted to be close to her family at all times. I still miss her so I use her name for all sorts of things to keep her memory. How great that you get fresh salmon right from the fisherman – Jake must be a good sportfisher.

Micki – I’m sure you will have a great time in the Holy Land. We’ll look forward to your travelogue when you get back.

Gail – hope your hands go down soon, you must have given them just too much of a workout. I hope you heal quickly.

Michele – I’ve been watching the debate too. I know it’s not my country or vote but I do find politics fascinating and always get interested in the American elections.

Meg – these things are sent to try our patience and teach us how to be parents without going crazy. Really – you will get through it and one day look back with fondness even on this type of challenge (I’m sure your mom could tell some stories too). She must be okay or you wouldn’t even care about the tire.

Jen – no no no, call those little holes in your knitting “accidental pointelle” – it sounds so much better – lol.

Robin – your boss sounds like a slavemaster. Hopefully s/he gets over this soon.

Laura – hope you’re feeling better soon – seems like there are a few of us not feeling great these last few days.

Kathy – good wishes going out for your DD (and for you). Hope issues are resolved soon.

Deborah – pumpkin trifle with gingersnap crumbs sounds wonderful. Just the smell of pumpkin pie and ginger snaps would do me in. It’s such a comforting scent bringing back all sorts of good memories.

Oh Glenda – I LOVE double salt licorice. There is a candy shop in one of the nearby towns that imports it and I always get some and portion it out VERY slowly. Actually a little goes a long way. I have no idea how I’m going to handle the turkey dinner challenge – the only saving grace is that when I am faced with huge amounts of food, like at a smorgasbord, it takes my appetite away.
    Welcome Jessie – drop in and post anytime, we love expanding the group (beats expanding the waistline). What a nice photo you take.

Nancy – I really like your idea of the slideshow and it probably shows a lot more about how the children are in class than a project as well.

M – I wake up happy in the morning as well. I think it was because my mother just had no tolerance for grumps in the morning. She used to say “start the day the way you want it to unfold”. She also taught me to plan my whole day, right from what to wear, eat, do, errands etc. in the few minutes after waking up. It’s always made my mornings easy to manage, especially when my girls were little. I find that not getting a good sleep makes me linger a little in bed though to hear the news and weather. No problem finding something to look forward to tomorrow, I’m off to the Island for sister visits (and of course my DD).

Thanks to all who gave such nice compliments on the profile photo. You should see the one from a year ago (OMG). Even the last June one was scary. i never want to get there again. I feel so much better about myself now. And some great news, I had a phone call from a lady wanting to ask me some questions about zoning in my village because - TA DA - she is buying a lot with the intention to build and open an exercise classes/gym/yoga/spin class. I told her I'd be her first customer. We had a drop in gym with all sorts of exercise equipment but the owner decided not to continue and started a traffic control business instead.

Time to go and get some shut eye. I've got a very long day of driving tomorrow so need to be fresh. Night all and hope tomorrow is good for you.

Lila
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Good morning my beautiful ladies!

Thank you to everyone who clicked (or tried to click - I know it didn't work for everyone) on the link to the pics of my most darling grandtwins. You can see why I am so besotted with them!

I haven't got much time to reply today but have just about read every post. One thing I want to say is to Robin, keep at the alcohol freedom! It's just coming up to three years without any alochol for me (I wasn't an alcoholic, but drank far too much!) It has made such a difference to my life - not least because I no longer lose my willpower like I used to do after a couple (or six!) drinks.

Tomorrow morning we are off bright and early to travel to Dorset for the Monkey World wedding. I am so excited about it, mostly because I will get to spend some time with both my DD's and also my grandtwins. The only downside is that my wonderful son can't be there, but at least I got to spend time with him last weekend.

Must dash - work to do.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • DMOMofTHREE
    DMOMofTHREE Posts: 55 Member
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning from the East Coast,

Liz, that soup looks great! I will save that recipe. I have been trying new things every week.

Nancy, that video for the parents is a great idea. My grandson's first grade teacher did that last year. It's funny but I remember when my kids were in grade school, the first thing I did was peak in their desks. It's amazing how they were always so neat and tidy, yet not so much at home.:huh:

Meg, at least they are trying with the cooking. They are learning life skills.
    I have 3 kids all in their 20's now. We have had our fair share of hitting curbs, invisible objects in the road, rusty nails etc. Have gone through many tires. I even had one daughter back into the other's car in the driveway. :noway: My son hydroplaned on the highway during a downpour last fall and slammed into the guardrail. The whole side of the car had damage,he wasn't hurt. It was totaled, repairs were too costly. He lives in Boston, so is car less for now. He doesn't really need it, just takes the bus to come visit. As long as no one gets hurt its a life lesson, and more grey hairs for me.:grumble:

Teri, this is the third house I will have sold in the past 15 years. The other two sold within 10 days. I get my house all painted and all the little repairs done that have been accumulating, then the house looks great and I have to move.:frown: This time though I have a seven year old grandson to deal with. He doesn't like his routine disrupted so getting out when a showing is scheduled will be a challenge.

I stayed home from work yesterday to get stuff done around the house. I didn't accomplish all I wanted but got lots of little tasks out of the way. I had to go buy grain and drop off my board check for the horses. They were so happy to see me, I didn't make it this weekend.

I put everything back in its place in my son's and room, switch plates back, moved furniture, cleaned windows and vacuumed. Then I staged it and it looked great. After looking at my work with pride, I moved all my younger daughters furniture into the middle of his room. Her room was the other one I painted, but her carpet needs shampooing, and I will be switching the two girl's rooms. One is bigger and needs to have the full size bed set to look better.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have all 3 kids & grandson's bedrooms done. Then I have to tackle the hallway, bathroom, laundry room, onto my bedroom and bathroom...:noway: ....Then there is the whole downstairs.....maybe I need to take the month off:laugh:

After work today I have to take my aging kitty for her monthly adequan shot she has been getting for over 7 yrs, and Monday she has a follow up an hour away with an ophthalmologist to check on her eye ulcers, apparently she has cat herpes:blushing: that causes dry eye that led to the ulcers.:frown:

Have to get ready to start the day, I like taking a day off in the middle of the week:bigsmile:

Lynn

October goals:
    Lose 1 lb/week (so far have had no problem with this)
    Continue to log in my food choices the night before
    Cook 2 new items per week, love skinnytaste.com
    Have the house ready to list by the end of the month, this is a big one, hope I can do it
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Good morning ladies, I was absent yesterday. I swam for an 1 1/2 hours then went to my eye appointment. The doc dialated my eyes and I couldn't see the computer all night. I even had to wear my glasses to see the TV. It was awful, everything all blurry. But he did say everything looked good, no bleeding in the eyes (diabetic problem). DH took me out for chinese food last night. Way to much sodium, by the scale this morning. Or it could be the muscles holding water from the swim. My arms and legs were so sore. Pain killer time.

Congrats to all you losers, wait that sounds bad when it is good.

Meg- that cat story made me laugh. It is so true.

I am in need of breakfast and DH won't stop talking to me while I type, I keep having to go back and change things, because I'm typing what he is saying. So I will bbl Tigress
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Good Morning!
    It was great to read your posts this morning. I am feeling a little better so I hope today goes well. I don't have any jobs out of the house so I can recoup slowly today. It will be good for me to take some time and organize myself today. I have gotten sloppy with my tracking and I need to find some new recipes to change things up for us.

Have a great day!
    Sally
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Good morning, everyone – another wet day here, but at least it’s not as hot and steamy as it was yesterday. I made the mistake of dressing for rain before going out for a walk and just about melted away from sweat – it must have been about 85 degrees and 99% humidity when I went out! Ugh. However, I did that walk and then went out again for a few miles with DH last night – much cooler and beautiful. We weren’t going to go far but wound up just walking and talking and next thing we knew, we had done a longish loop. Then I made a fabulous orange broccoli stir fry with tofu. I had bought a big bag of broccoli at Costco and wanted to be sure I used it (trying not to waste food – that was my resolution this year), so we had that, an episode of Dexter and debates – good evening all around.

Amanda, your grandbabies are adorable! I hope you have a blast at the wedding – you’re going to look fabulous no matter which outfit you decide to go with.

Jb, hooray for that weight loss! I’m dreading the day my scale says “enough, no more!” Hopefully I won’t have to threaten it with physical violence ;). It’s tough to break that late-night habit, isn’t it? I’ve watched my husband struggle with it for as long as I’ve known him (well, he doesn’t actually struggle, but still). Your raspberry applesauce sounds heavenly!

Jessie, welcome – and join the struggle. We can relate :smile: .

Nancy, love the image of your doggie with his little legs trying to keep up :glasses: . Also love the idea of the slide-show for parents to see what the kiddos are up to. Very creative.

Mila, keeping busy is a great way to take your focus off of food. It has the added benefit of sometimes giving you exercise too :tongue: .

Peggy, good for you for adding more walking to your activities! Every little bit helps. Water will help with any joint issues you’re having. And congratulations on moving out of the danger zone with your health! That’s what we’re all doing here.

JaneH, hope you wade through the paperwork soon. I hope you get to spend more time with your daughter before she moves – I take it away from the State?

Gene, aren’t those tree pests the worst? It seems like they’re everywhere – we have pine beetles that are destroying tons of trees here, and the ash borer as well, and when we were in Europe this year the chestnut trees there are taking an enormous beating with the pests there. It’s sad to see these great old trees becoming skeletons.

Meg, Congratulations on adding speed to your walk! Now you can go further and faster . . . and next thing you know you’ll be doing 5ks and stuff! ;) The inches are a great measure of how much you’re doing to become fit – so even if you can’t tell, you can – your clothes fit better, different, and each time you get dressed you’ll notice it more. Seriously, give yourself a big pat on the back for all you’re doing! I’m also stealing the idea of the Halloween tree for my sister’s party for her husband.

Glenda, wow, you really got up and got moving in a hurry! Good job pulling together a breakfast for people while on the run. Do you have a hard time going outside when it gets cool? It’s the biggest factor in my slowing down in the winter, that I can’t make myself go out knowing I’m going to be cold even for just a bit :noway: .

Kathy, I hope your DD gets better soon. It’s no fun. On the other hand, your water Zumba class sounds like a lot of fun!

Laura, I’m so sorry about the vertigo. I had it once for about a week – doctor thought it might have been brought on by a virus in my case – fortunately, it’s the only time I’ve experienced it. Well, other than after a few too many drinks ;).

DeeDee, What’s going on in your neighborhood? Was there a lightning strike recently? We had one hit the cable connection on our house once, caused all kinds of havoc. Yours sounds more like a solar flare or something – very odd! Let me know how you like the white asparagus – DH brought some home from Germany once for me but it didn’t work out too well. I’ve had it before when it was delicious.

Robin, good going on two days of Sober October (I’m sorry, I’m giggling a little). What’s up with a boss who won’t let you go to the restroom? I think there are laws against that no matter where you are. Hope you and your DH feel better. Side note – whenever DH (mine) stops drinking he goes through a few days of feeling like he has the flu, so just take care of yourself, try to take a soak or shower to help work toxins through and out. Good luck!

Teri, that’s what I had to do too – open a word document and just make notes as I go.

Meg, Yes, they are worth it. Just keep saying it ;). Our neighbor’s daughter did the same thing when she was learning to drive – in her dad’s sports car. Gosh, how could that happen? Glad she’s OK.

Jen, I’m giggling at the dropped stich issue – I have the same problem when I knit. Good luck with your project. As to the sweets issue, it might help to think of it as a carb issue. I found (my personal experience) if I did a two week carb break, only allowing a small number of carbs, like around 20 – 35 per day, at the end of the two weeks I simply didn’t have the cravings for sweets anymore. It will always come back as soon as you start eating them again, but over time you’ll find your desire diminished greatly. You might also read about the abstainer/moderator idea – some people simply can’t have anything because they can’t control their intake while others can moderate their intake because they can have a little and then walk away. It helps to know your personality type.

Michele, it sounds like you’ll have your beautiful backyard and pool very soon now! Yay! Oh, I’ve seen those half-balls. Thanks for letting me know – I didn’t know they had a name.

Sally, hope you feel better:sick: ! There’s something in the air – lots of people coming down with early-season illnesses. I’m sorry you’re missing the Authors’ Night – it sounds like it would have been wonderful. So nice someone got to go and enjoy the evening.

Gail, that happened to me yesterday, although it was 3:30, not 1:30am lol. I got back to sleep fortunately. I agree, sometimes if your goals are working, you just keep them in place.

Barbie, I hope you enjoy your weekend away.

Micki, I hope your hip feels better soon! Enjoy your trip!

JaneM, I’m so happy for you that you get to spend time with your granddaughter. It’s a special relationship, isn’t it? Happy birthday to your daughter – DH has one turning 16 in February, and boy is she planning a big blowout shopping trip! Must be the age . . . I hope your husband hears soon about the job. Enjoy the leaves – we haven’t had much color so far this year. Hope the rain brings some.

Lila, I agree with everyone, love the new picture. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all our Canadian friends too. Too bad about having to work over the holiday, but it sounds like you have a good balanced workplan :drinker: . How wonderful to hear about the lady opening the gym – yay! I have a friend who opened a drop-in gym that is owned by the members – each has a key and it’s sort of on an honor system, so as long as they make enough to pay rent everyone can go. I love that idea.

Lynn, my daughter never wanted to learn to do anything when she lived with me, then when she got married she suddenly discovered she needed these skills! Funny, isn’t it. It sounds like you have a lot of work to do on the house, but I know you’ll take it one step at a time and all of a sudden it will be done! Poor kitty – hope she heals up.

Tigress, I hate getting my eyes dilated. Ugh. I’m glad it was a positive appointment.

OK, off to work – I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cheers,

M.
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Oh My Gosh-I really overdid it with Aqua Zumba and a walk yesterday!:frown: I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible knee,calf and ankle pain.:sad: Pretty sure it was all the jumping I did in the pool, will definitely modify that! Think I'm pushing the exercise so much to make up for not making good food choices. Now that I had that AH HA moment, I'm going to reverse this and go back to healthy eating and baby steps for exercise! That's what worked for me in the first place! In the last 2 weeks been up and down the same 2 lbs.:cry:

Thanks for all the well wishes for my daughter! No tests results yet so I'm going dress shopping with her since she has a wedding to go to on Saturday. Just trying to take her mind off things for now!

I did read all your posts and will try to reply individually when I get back. I'm so glad I have this great group to inspire me everyday!

Kathy

“Don’t give up. There are too many nay-sayers out there who will try to discourage you. Don’t listen to them. The only one who can make you give up is yourself.”

~Sidney Sheldon~
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Very happy Thursday! :happy: :happy: My good friend (and still in one piece) the scale went catapulting in the right direction over the last 3 days of eating light and I'm down 2.8. Just a wee bit to go in order to get rid of the entire 3 lbs I'd gained (not so mysteriously) over the last month. Hooray for that! Birthday party coming up on Saturday night, so I fully intend to be on my best behavior for the next 2 1/2 days and bite that birthday balloon in the butt. :laugh:

I'm just not sure why I get into such a funk about things sometimes and just eat too darned much! :grumble: I thought by now I'd be out of the woods and have 100% control over my eating problems, but I guess not. When I think about it, 56 years of mindless eating isn't necessarily corrected in a mere 2 years of paying attention. Onward we go! The engine is being repaired and the new spark plugs are in place. Thanks to this wonderful rooting gallery! :flowerforyou:

Off I go to peel tomatoes and start another pot of sauce cooking. The garden continues to deliver the goods.

Wishing everyone a happy day filled with good food and lots of water! :drinker:

Glenda, what is tzazi-something-a-ruther? I can't even spell it, never mind attempting pronunciation lol

:smile: jb
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Good morning everyone

Just got back from the Lawn Bowling Club where we had a work party to put the Club to bed for the winter. The greens will still be worked on for a while, but we moved all the benches and picnic tables inside, cleaned out the fridges and wiped out all the lockers.

Will go to the mall this afternoon for a couple of circuits as the weather isn't really great and rain is threatening.

This is Day 4 and the sneak peeks are looking like things are moving in the right direction. I have been trying hard not to nibble on stuff that I don't need in the evenings, and as a result keeping my hands busy with my lace means that my scarf is growing with leaps and bounds.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Me and my snacking. This is what my diary looked like yesterday:

Breakfast 266 calories
    Lunch 350 calories
    Dinner 260 calories
    Snacks 952 calories!!!!!!

Today I am going to try to increase my meal calories and decrease my snack calories.

By the way I just realized that everyone signs their name but no one knows mine. So, have a great day everyone!!

Cheryl
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,356 Member
    Hello ladies - put me on the not feeling so great list. Sorry I won't be able to respond to everyone. Love to hear about the lbs. and inches lost, and wow, such great new pictures! As always, lots going on for everyone. I'm busy doing my dad's business--- talking to doctor's offices, nurses, have a haircut appt set up for next week (the WONDERFUL barber is going to make a trip to Skilled Nursing---he's a treasure) and got my dad's bills paid this morning and the checking account balanced.

Meanwhile, all I want to do is sleep, not a lot of energy. Last night my back hurt so much I just went to bed. Surprise, I woke up this morning and I swear every joint in my body is aching. I don't think it's fibro this time because not so many aches in muscles/soft tissue. WHATEVER this might be, I sort of doubt I'll get my five miles walking in today.:cry:

I just hate how my body will NOT cooperate with my mind!!:grumble: :grumble:

Wishing everyone well. Stay safe, be well, drink your water!

Virtual hugs {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Lin
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    My goodness--a couple of days of extra-busy-ness kept me from this thread--so much to catch up on! I can't remember who said it, but the phrase "compassion fatigue" jumped out at me. It's been a trying time at work, my DH has been away more than usual, and I feel a little emotionally volatile.

I am looking forward to this weekend of Thanksgiving--luckily for me, my MIL is hosting. My DD is insisting I make a hash brown casserole to bring, and I will also bring plain mashed turnips (well, rutabagas, really, :smile: ). There will be twelve of us, some extremely food conscious, others not, so we will have great variety. Since the meal is Monday, I will have weighed in that morning, which will be a good reminder to enjoy the people around the table even more than the food on it. I will be uncomfortable not weighing my portions, but I think I can handle one meal of guesstimation.

Yesterday I had to keep pulling up my pants, which was annoying, but the big kicker was walking down the hallway to my classroom and realizing that my underwear was sliding down too. Yippee! I'll just make sure that I don't wear dresses until I'm ready to purchase the next size down :laugh:

October goals:

drink my 8 cups water every day
    add a 30 minute walk to my routine three times per week
  • 4thoseiluv
    4thoseiluv Posts: 96 Member
    Morning, ladies! It's a nice sunny day here but cold. I'll be spending most of it in WEM doing my favorite pastime ~ SHOPPING! And it doesn't even have to be for me. I love shopping for anyone, with anyone and at any store (drugstore, grocery store, hardware store) ~ so I'm sure to get my 'fix' today!

Amanda, I'm sorry to hear about your work woes ~ spreading positivity is definitely part of the solution! Cute pics...

Nancy, how was the open house? You run on a tight schedule sneaking in a workout like that...

M, hope you slept better last night. Quick question: is the person knocking on your door a personal trainer, or a friend who works out with you? Either way, good on you!!

Millie, you definitely have the right attitude for a WINNER!

Peggy, nice goals for October and great news on your health tests ~ so go ahead and REJOICE!

Jane, do you work with your DH or just help out sometimes?

Meg, at least your DD's cooking! We ate very late as well ~ I think it was because I was so tired.

Glenda, you did very well getting everything together for your bible study! You must love living on the edge... ;D

Kathy, hope all the tests come back with good results for your DD. It's tough when you're not happy with your doctor. When I was having my health scare last spring, I was getting so frustrated with my doctor. Once I took myself to the hospital (no thanks to her), I made a decision to change doctors ~ best thing I ever did!

Laura, hope you are feeling better today.

DeeDee, a walk in the sunshine does wonders for one's soul, doesn't it? I've also never tried white asparagus ~ did it taste different?

Teri, I love using my crock pot, especially when I'll be away most of the day. Nice to come home to the smell of a good meal cooking! Thanks, I chose my username for obvious reasons and I know we should be doing this journey for ourselves, but I'm also doing it for the ones I love! My heartburn has left the building... ;D

Meg, those kids of ours sure keep us hopping (no matter what their age)! Not too many deep breaths ~ you may hyperventilate and then you'd be no use to anyone...

Jen, what is your knitting project? I love knitting and crochet as well.

Michele, I'm guessing that you're putting in a new pool? Or are you fixing up an existing one?

Sally, hope you are feeling better today.

Barbie, where are you headed this weekend? Hope you have a great time!

Jane, so Violet tuckered you out ~ making memories does that!

Oops, that's all I have time for this morning. Just checked the time and I have to leave in 15 minutes to meet up with my DF (I'm usually the late one)... :blushing:

Deborah:flowerforyou:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    DeeDee, :flowerforyou: thank you so much for your compliment about my writing!

Stopping by for a minute to post this great recipe for Grilled Cod or Rock Cod that we fixed last night.

3/4 - 1 lb cod fillets
    1-2 T melted butter or olive oil

Mix together:
    1 t. paprika
    1/4 t. cayenne pepper
    1/2 t. black pepper
    1/2 t. onion powder (or about 1 T minced fresh onion)
    1 t. fresh thyme
    1 t. minced fresh basil
    1/4 t. minced fresh oregano
    (if dried herbs are substitued, use less or each)
    Dash salt

Dredge fillets in butter or oil on both sided, then in the spice mixture. Grill, broil or pan fry. YUM

Back to the kitchen...

jb
  • ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Can't believe it's October! Bump for later
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Deborah, the knock at my door is my brother in law - sister's husband. She lives a block away, he's out of work right now, so we started working out together this summer. My DH wasn't very happy at first (well, he still isn't, but he accepts it grudgingly), but I said, "Hey, I offered to work out with you and you wanted nothing to do with it. You can't knock BIL just because he's willing to get up and come over to work out with me." There's no jealousy thing, just annoyance on DH's part because he's not a morning person and doesn't like having to stumble over someone else in the house as he's getting up and out the door. To that I say, tough cookies.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Hi ladies. It’s cook and windy and wet here today; a front moved in last night and boom, it’s fall! I got everything for my course that starts 10/15 so I’m pretty excited about that! :drinker: Now I’m starting on the course that starts in January. I hope to get a batch done because next week is fall break and I want to take at least Thursday and Friday off.

Well the sage of the tire…we told DD#1 she had to take the car into the mechanics, get a similar tire, and get her oil changed first thing this morning. If that meant she had to miss school, so be it, but she wasn’t going to get to use one of the other cars since this was purely her fault. We have 4 cars, so before when a major repair was needed, she had another car to use. She wasn’t too happy about it, but that’s how we explained it. She got to the place at 7, had her car done by 8:15 and made it to school on time.

Glenda: what a great idea to give out activity coupons instead of candy!

Kathy: what a great idea…water zumba with modifications so your knee won’t yell at you!

Laura; I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: we had strangeness here too yesterday. About half of Omaha lost power, so we had to go home as they shut campus down. It’s really dark in these offices without lights…the backup generator didn’t work either! :ohwell: At least it seems back to normal today.

Robin: I thought only nurses didn’t take potty breaks!!! Hope you and DH are feeling better today

Terri: I love this weather too. Do you have good crock pot recipes? I can never get anything to come out right when I use mine. I have 2 and the meat is always dry. Glad your cold is going away.

Jen: wow you have come so far on your journey. I love that you took it one step at a time. :smile:

Jen & DeeDee: I think it was a good teaching moment for DD1 especially since she had to go by herself to the mechanic. The good news was when she called me she knew exactly where she was (she usually has no idea and usually can’t figure out how to read the street signs), so there were some victories here. She was not hurt.

Michele: by the time your pool is done, it will be too cold to use it!

Sally: hope you feel better too!

Barbie: have a great weekend trip…going anywhere special?

Micki: I hope your trip is everything you have dreamed of and your hip cooperates! :wink:

Jane: glad you got some good DGD time! Sounds like you had fun!

Lila: that would be great if you got your gym in your area!

Amanda: I hope the wedding is lovely and you have a grand time

Lynn: you mean my kid isn’t the only one visited by invisible objects in the road! Thanks for your wise words. What is adequan for your kitty? And has she been naughty to get cat herpes? :love:

Yardtigress: I type what other people say too! Orange broccoli stir fry YUM. We waste far too much food at our house. I try to keep the fridge in the kitchen empty except for things we eat daily and put other stuff out in the garage fridge, but then no one remembers that it’s there. I just threw away 2 containers of cottage cheese and a ball of fresh mozzarella. I hate that.

Jb: YAY for the scale moving the right way!

Cheryl: great plan to increase your meals and decrease the snacks. Be sure to get enough protein so you stay full.

Lin: get better soon! We seem to have a rash of sick people here! Sending virtual chicken soup!

Stardancer: YAY for slacks and underwear that falls down! :laugh: That means you are doing something right!

Deborah: thank goodness I stopped the deep breathing in time!

Well I got interrupted, so, I think I will get back to work. I think I responded to most everyone. To all my Canadian friends, Happy Thanksgiving! Take care, Meg :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I have made it past day 3 (usually that is the deal breaker and believe me it was a tough night) I am sure tonight will be easy but then I will be faced with the habit of Friday night and weekend mentality. I have decided that whenever I feel the urge I will get up and tackle a time step or shuffle off to Buffalo. I have a feeling there will be lots of tapping going on in the next few days. :bigsmile:

My little Olivia is almost walking. M how time flies. She loves to run when her daddy is holding her hands. At least now some of the chunkiness in her thighs is going down.

Barbie I am so jealous of the salmon. I sure wish DH could go fishing and get us some.

Well the boss is still on the rampage so I have to get back to it.

Take care all,

Robin, Bodi and Ritter.