Ladies, How do I show my wife I love her?

Options

Replies

• IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    1. Dont be selfish- always consider her feeling/needs before yourself <
    #1 thing both people need to do in a marriage.

2. Be observant! If she is in the kitchen cleaning up, help her. If the baby needs changing do it without her having to ask. If the garbage is piling up take it out without her having to ask. If she has to tell you EVERYTHING it is like taking care of another child and trust me no one wants to sleep with someone that asks like a child.(well some people do but they are sick freaks) :)

3. Give her compliments- tell her she is a wonderful wife and mother and that she is beautiful. Make her feel appreciated!

4. Eat her food- even if you dont particularly like it. Seriously though, she is not feeding you dog poop so put it in your mouth chew, swallow and tell her it is good. (I made my husband breakfast in bed one day, made him pumpkin muffins with coffee. They were not sweet enough for his liking and he made a face. I wanted to punch him! I made him breakfast out of the kindness of my heart and the prick could not eat it and pretend to like it. Needless to say I will NEVER make him breakfast in bed again! But he eats anything else I cook because I am a great cook.)

5. Repeating 1-4 over and over again= One happy wife:)
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What I love the most is when my husband and I get home and I ask what he would like for dinner and he responds "Whatever you would like me to make you." He does not do this all the time, but it is such a load off to know there is one less thing on my mile long list of things to do after a full work day.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Be romantic - had a guy tell me the other day he'd love to take me to the harbor and just hold my hand as we watched the boats come in together - that nearly did me in!!! So so sweet!!

Pursue her like you did when you were dating her, show her once in awhile that you still want to impress her - if you don't she will start to wonder what she did to make things change

Call her just because you want to hear her voice - and tell her that. Say- I missed you and I just wanted to hear your voice
    Then immediately call her again and say you already missed her again :)

Show her your post :) You are trying hard for her, it's obvious! Very brave of you to put that here on a forum, it will make her swoon!

Things like that make us women feel wanted, loved and cherished
    It doesn't take much, just some creativity and thought and genuine desire to impress her
    Best of luck to you!
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sex and lots of it! - No really, women do think about it just as much as men... honestly!!

Again, I have 6 children, I have to be careful with this one.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm easy, but i think that's why my husband married me. All I want is to help with house work, every once in a while (thats a fur sure "get laid tonight " card), compliment me on my beauty, And give me a really really good f**k at least once a week. I'm set.. that and some peace n quite for at least 5-10 mins a day (with a beer or glass of wine please). He's the best :happy:
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    How can anyone answer this..you are married to her you should know her well enough to know how to make her feel loved.

Bog standard answer is...pay her attention, thats all most women seem to want, attention and to still feel like the love of their mans life. Its about time, making someone feel that your time is exclusively theirs, be that 10 mins or 10hrs,
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    everyone has their own language of love. Mine happens to be words of affirmation, therefore telling me he loves, adores, respects etc. me works for me. Finding out hers may help....

DITTO!!!

"words" ae the FARTHEST from my 'love language', LOL.

If you haven't yet, read the book " Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman... once you know her love languagee then you can figure out the best way to show her love.

**( Of course, my husband and I read it tgether, I found what fits him to a "T", but he strongly denies that is his love language...
    I told him mine and he still thinks I am 'words' and 'works'- which i am not, but he seems to be, yet denies it...LOL. ::sigh:: ) **
  • wammamamma
    Options
    Ask her this question
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hugs, and tell her 'I love you' randomly everyday.

My husband and my lives are hectic and we dont have the chance to be romantic with each other as often as we use to before our kids arrived... but I know he loves me dearly... because he never forgets to tell me a couple of times evry day!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Get the book "the 5 love languages" figure out hers and go with it.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    The bible states that men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. This is a tremendous calling for all men who claim to be Christian husbands. Without disclosing specifics, let me just say that, I try my best but sometimes I neglect my wife and fall short of her expectations. So instead of me guessing and falling short, what can I do to continuously affirm to my wife that I love her? What would you want most from your husband? Any suggestions?

^^^^^^ you can start by not doing this! Then listen.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Any kind of chores around the house is great. Depending on your money a trip to the salon to get either nails done or toes down.
    How about giving her a massage. Rubbing her feet. Giving the kids a bath. If you can cook how about cooking and doing dishes for her even if it is Campbells soup just the thought. I like when my husband will fill the bath tub up with warm water and some bubble bath you can pick up some at the $1.00 store. Light a candle also you cal also pick one up at the $1.00 store. Taking the kids out for a few minutes outside or to the park is great too. How about letting her have a night out. Sometimes my friends can't arrange to meet up I don't mind going to a movie by myself. It can even be at a cheap theatre. We have one for $3.00. Give her a hug and tell her you love her and kiss every day. Call her during the day and tell her you love her. If you both have cell phones text her to say I love you.
    Little things mean alot. Let her pick watch she wants to watch on the tv. If you have friends or relatives that can babysit for you for a few hours drop them off and have some time to yourself. Not everything has to be with money. Little things mean more to me than expensive items. I even giggle when my husband will bring me home my favorite candy bar. I get excited when my hubby will clean out my Suv and vacuum it and gas it up. I appreciate it if he offers to take my daughter to Girl Scouts.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    A lot of great replies on here.

I think the OP was really sweet to ask this question
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 22 years, and would say that needs and expectations change over time, but in general:

1. Support and help her.
    2. Modulate your voice, since male voices can sound unintentionally harsh.
    3. Have fun together.
    4. If you love her, and think she's beautiful, tell her that--OFTEN.
    5. Choose your battles.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking us? There's like a ton of people on here with a ton of different views and feelings on how you should treat/love your wife. If youre a Christian then go to the Bible for your answers don't ask the internet.

To "chit-chat" about it???? You're a teenager (younger than 18, I suspect). Instead of being rude to the OP, why don't you read all the suggestions for future use?

OP- I love when my husband tells me he loves me in different ways instead of the same ol' "I love you". For example, he'll say, "You are the love of my life", "I've never been happier", "I'm in love with you, beautiful". Sometimes the different ways he tells me really make me feel it.
    edit
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    EXACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A new vacuum cleaner or pan scrubber is a sure way to her heart.

If you really want to go all out perhaps offer to help her bring the food to the table. Not too often though or she'll start to expect it.

lol, yeah dude. :laugh: Now this is something I've already tried. I'm sorry to report, it does not work.
  • tyndgirl
    Options
    I have a full time job, a part time job, commute 4 hours a day and then must come home take care of my house, family and help with homework. So for me it's the little things that count like taking something out of the refrigerate to cook, asking if there is anything he can help me with when I don 't say I need help. As a Christian couple it is very important that we are on one accord as the bible states. When we start our day off praying together alot of the negative feelings and frustrations go out the window early. Every once in a while he does something small but very important to me like have my bath ran when I get home and already will have dinner prepared (if you can't cook do take out on a budget style) it works just as well. We understand that it's hard being the head of your family and doing so many other things to make things happen but just thank you and I love you goes a long way.
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Humor her, even when you think her idea is stupid or won't work. (My husband hates to-do lists)
    Never say I told you so.
    Try not to correct her if it's not a big deal (My husband corrects my spelling after I have sent texts and it drives me nuts).
    Show appreciation in everything! (My husband thanks me for every meal I cook, every load of laundry he sees me putting away, etc)

Remember, neither of you are or ever will be perfect. It takes a lot of hard work and committment to make a marriage work.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    double post