Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies, How do I show my wife I love her?

Replies

• pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    I would suggest reading the Love Languages book with her, and asking her to identify what makes her feel the most loved by you, since we are all different. I can tell you that I would have LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEDDDD it if my husband had ever asked me what he could do to make me feel loved. LOOOOVVVVEEED it. Your interest alone would say alot to her.
    duly noted.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Just note by your question alone, you have reminded so many women why they truly love their own husbands.

And you reminded some why they need to be divorced.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    1) Write her love letters or short notes each morning. Something she can wake up to and be excited about.

2) Compliment her, and often.

3) Take her on dates that mean something. Not just to dinner....take her someplace special (doesn't even have to cost much).
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Prolonged oral sex.
  • StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    I have this problem with my husband. I can tell you what would make me happier:

The looks that say "I need you" or "I want you"
    To have a compliment everyday, like, you look beautiful, dinner was amazing, you are a great wife, things like that.
    The occasional sweet note, thinking of you, I love you, can't wait to hold you when I get home, miss you already, etc.
    Touching, not necessarily sexual, but, caressing, like when she's cooking and you just walk up and put your arms around her, or the occasional hand hold, hand on the knee, etc.
    I kiss and an I love you everyday, and not at certain times, randomly, just out of no where, then it doesn't seem like habit.
    Gifts are pretty low on my list, but the occasional flower is nice.

Hope this helps.

^^this!
  • Tell her she is beautiful, women need to hear their spouse is still attracted to them... Let her know
  • The bible states that men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. This is a tremendous calling for all men who claim to be Christian husbands. Without disclosing specifics, let me just say that, I try my best but sometimes I neglect my wife and fall short of her expectations. So instead of me guessing and falling short, what can I do to continuously affirm to my wife that I love her? What would you want most from your husband? Any suggestions?

I haven't read all the responses to your OP, but from you post I take it that you are a Christian? I know in my home church fellowship we have a "marriage enrichment" ministry and also mentoring for couples. I am often doing what I need to show my husband that I love him, and he knows that he is loved. Maybe try a marriage enrichment or some type of marriage ministry.:happy:
  • Pieces_of_Me3
    Pieces_of_Me3 Posts: 19 Member
    EXACTLY!! Dead on. :)
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    I would want him to post this question in the correct forum. But that would likely be more than he could bear.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    I do my best to
    1.) Say I Love You every day
    2.) Rub her shoulders and back as often as possible.
    3.) Leave her little notes in her appointment book
    4.) Listen to what she has to say
    5.) Do the dishes, laundry and anything else to help lighten her load.
    6.) Buy her little treasures when I shop.

^^^^ Nicely done!
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    How about you stop asking OTHER people for life advice, get off the internet and go spend time with your spouse?

This is the biggest problem with our society - people have NO idea how to function, and they turn to social media on the internet of all places for solutions...
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    make me laugh
    show me how he feels
    leave me breathless
    hold me for no reason
    talk / listen
    suprise me once in a while
    spontaneous romantic interludes
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 650 Member
    1. Do the dishes
    2. Put the seat down and do not pee on it.
    3. Agree, does not matter if you don't.
    4. See attractive woman on street, make critism about her to the wife.

Thats a starter program

OMG! THIS^^^
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    I have not read through all the replies, so I may be repeating something here.

For me, the most touching things are the small things my husband does, that mean the most....

Write in lipstick on the mirror in the morning before she wakes up that you love her, And list the top three reasons. Do this every few days, with different reasons.. whatever recently left an impression on you....
    Find the organic beauty in her and compliment it _
    Examples: Honey, I love when you laugh like that!
    Or when your hair falls in your face...
  • I say it's the little things...
    *A phone call in the middle of the day just to let her know that you are thinking of her.
    *Random displays of affection (a hug around the waist while she cooks dinner, a kiss on the forehead for no reason, holding hands)
    *My husband will hear a song on the raidio that rminds him of me or our relationship..record it on his phone and then send it to me- makes me melt every time!
    *Compliment her
    *A little note that says how she makes you feel about her.
    Just the little things that let her know you care =)
  • Look at her like she's the only woman in the world. Take her out to places she loves. Hold your criticisms down to the bare minimum. Compliment what she does. Listen to her when she speaks. Cook dinner for her at least once every week or two. Ask her how she is and actually mean it. Allow her to buy something she loves (within reason) every now and then without making her feel bad about it. Take the children out for an afternoon so she can take a bubble bath or something. Don't tell people you are "babysitting" when you are spending time with your own children and last but not least, continue to be faithful, trustworthy, and kind.
  • pj12string
    See her. As you would a new painting, not a piece of furniture...
    WOW, thanks.
  • What does cut a hole in a box mean????
  • pj12string
    Get the book "the 5 love languages" figure out hers and go with it.

^^^ This. Each person is different. It won't matter what we say, you need to figure out what her love language is, capitalize on that (but make sure not to neglect the others because there is still a balance than needs to be in place) And most importantly, develop your relationship with God first and foremost....the better your relationship with Him, the better your relationship with your wife because as you grow in Christ, what you learn and how you change will affect how you treat your wife as well. :flowerforyou: I can always tell when my husbands' walk with God is strong and when it is weak by the way he interacts with me and with our kids. The two seem to go hand in hand and it's not something you can fake. :smile:

Great point!
  • pj12string
    The bible states that men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. This is a tremendous calling for all men who claim to be Christian husbands. Without disclosing specifics, let me just say that, I try my best but sometimes I neglect my wife and fall short of her expectations. So instead of me guessing and falling short, what can I do to continuously affirm to my wife that I love her? What would you want most from your husband? Any suggestions?
    Nice question:)
    I want my husband to keep close in his relationship with God.
    I want him to hear from the Lord, and follow His leading.
    I want my husband to encourage my relationship with the Lord.
    I want him to let me know how I can help him accomplish God's plans for us.

I want my husband to steer clear of temptation of other women ( like, flee temptation.)
    I want him to seek me out regarding decisions he makes, and to hear my heart/mind on the matter, to strongly consider my input.
    I want him to protect me (that's a big topic all by itself lol)

God bless you and your family!:)

Thank you, this is awesome.