Phobias, what is yours?

Options

Replies

• Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Being confined or immobilized, paralyzed, etc. Even though I can deal w/ crawlspaces and tiny spots pretty well. It's the whole lack of freedom/not being able to move thing.
  • boperoni10
    boperoni10 Posts: 3,034
    Options
    Drop offs in a car.
    Not heights.
    Like being the far right lane on a bridge, over pass, or mountain road..
    And i just moved to Denver a year ago!!!.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Ophidiophobia - the fear of snakes.

And before anyone tells me most of them are harmless - yes, I am aware - in YOUR sense of the word. I know that it will most likely NOT bite, strangulate, or otherwise attack me. But If it looks at me, sticks it's tounge out at me, or moves - I will have a heart attack, fall over, and die.

And that is harmful. :sick:
  • rchupka87
    Options
    freaking snakes....i use to watch this show called fear factor.. **** was crazy as hell!!!!!!

EXACTLY. Who in their right mind would go swimming in a fish tank, or baby pool full of snakes. I don't care if you offered me a million dollars for 5 seconds. It would happen over my dead body. Because I would probably see one, have a heart attack, and die.
  • IndyMario
    IndyMario Posts: 236
    Options

And before anyone tells me most of them are harmless - yes, I am aware - in YOUR sense of the word. I know that it will most likely NOT bite, strangulate, or otherwise attack me. But If it looks at me, sticks it's tounge out at me, or moves - I will have a heart attack, fall over, and die.

There is a certain kind of snake that...mmm...
    *sigh*
    Cr@p, I can't do. I need to brush up on my pervy-ness
    :sick:
  • rchupka87
    Options
    trypophobia; fear of spider eyes, honey combs... anything with lots of little holes or round things next to each other
    ugh

My nephew is afraid of holes. Period. Holes in the ground, holes in leaves, holes in doughnuts. Scares the hell out of him.
  • rchupka87
    Options

There is a certain kind of snake that...mmm...
    *sigh*
    Cr@p, I can't do. I need to brush up on my pervy-ness
    :sick:

I get where you're going -but no. Definitely not the same thing. LOVE those (well, one...). :blushing:
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    heights- acrophobia, claustraphobia and I just feel paranoid if people are crowding all around me . . .
    and for some reasons I find men with thick and dark bushy eyebrows really scary . . . :indifferent: :frown:
    :noway: Images of the Ricky from "American Beauty" still haunt me . . . .shudder shudder:cry:
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Coulrophobia - fear of clowns (shudders) clowns... I can't even say the word without shuddering.... lol
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Okay - I have to fess up...I totally laughed when I read some of these then felt really bad about it. :embarassed: I would never make light of anyone's fears. I hadn't planned on replying to this thread - was just reading, but to be fair I will post now...

Spiders - I am trying REALLY hard to work on that one
    Heights (I love roller coasters a lot, so maybe I really just fear the falling???)
    That my daughter (who is 12 years old) will suddenly stop breathing in her sleep
    Drive by shootings (even I don't understand this one- I live in the middle of nowhere!!!)
    Having my neck touched (maybe subconsciously afraid of being strangled??)
    And good old public speaking

**edited due to a typo**
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Emetophobia---I am afraid of throwing up

^ THIS TOO!
    This too Yep... I have panic attacks when I get nauseous.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    I'm pretty good with most fears.
    I've conquered a lot of them.
    I use to be be deathly afraid of clowns and ventriloquist dummies.
    I'm not even kidding, it was ridiculous.
    Then one day I bought the scariest looking clown doll I could find and I hung it up in the middle of my room.
    I made myself face it everyday.
    It's actually still hanging in my room, just on the wall now.
    Though I'm still scared of ventriloquist dummies, it's not as bad.
    I just don't like them.

Oh but I do have this fear of being burned alive and drowning.
    Though I'm not afraid of heights, I am afraid of falling.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Arachnophobia.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    spiders....

and not being good enough.....EVER.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Lilapsophobia
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mold! i know it weird, but it just seriously freaks me out!!! i hate it!!! LOL.

and of course, spiders. the cliche choice
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Waking up in a coffin. :noway: I request when then bury me to give me a string with a bell outside so they can come get me out. Oh, yeah, and claustrophobia.
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Great, thanks for that!!! :tongue:

SO SORRY :flowerforyou:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Popping a champagne cork. Seriously. I love snakes, spiders are ok as long as they aren't on me or in my room (in which case I calmly kill them), was never scared of the dark or storms or anything. The damn champagne cork gets me every time..... Even popping the refrigerator can of biscuits is awful..:ohwell:
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Claustrophobia. Can be near-crippling.